Recent content by voln

1. voln

Subversion - checking out the development version of the mod (161)

Followed the directions but only ended up with a 168MB ad1257svn directory...nowhere close to 1.39gb 1257 directory from pre10.  Any thoughts?  I right-clicked the directory and tried another svn checkout, but it still ended up being the same size.

*EDIT*  Oh looks like the textures directory is still missing.  Maybe that upload didn't finish properly?
  2. voln

Bug Reports - 0.95pre9

othr said:
    This looks like the recruiter party is duplicating itself somehow up to the point where the limit or active parties is reached.  I'll check it out, thanks.

Excellent, I do want to clarify that I still have the original 50 troops (30 from recruiter 1, 20 from recruiter 2), even though that error has appeared 20+ times, once every couple days.  I never sent out a recruiter again after the first two.  The error still occurs with the "money" sound, but no money is deducted and no extra recruits appear.
  3. voln

Bug Reports - 0.95pre9

I have found a bug relating to the recruiting process, which you can initiate by talking to your constable and having him send out a recruiter to recruit soldiers for you.  I will explain in more detail below, but here is a screenshot of the error with the relevant text boxed in green.

mb1.jpg

To be brief, that error repeats itself every couple of days (2-3 game days) and also makes the "money" sound that occurs when you receive loot.  You receive your recruits from the recruiter, but that error message occurs once they are delivered to you.  Read on for more details:

I started the game as independent and eventually took over Patak Castle.  I hired a Constable shortly afterwards and the first thing I did was have him send out a recruiter to Europe to bring back 30 recruits (Peasant Levies).  He did so and when I went back out to the world map, I saw the 1 recruiter heading off towards HRE.  I went about my business for about 2 days...i forget the exact time it took, but recruiting typically takes 2-3 days.  After that period of time, I got the message on the world map that you see in the screenshot above (too many teams for ai, Your messenger has lost it's way and gave up your mission!).

I was pretty far from my castle at the time and just noted it in my head to report.  About 4 days after the error, I arrived back at my castle and decided to send out another recruiter.  I sent another recruiter to gather 20 recruits from Europe.  Checked the world map and off he went, however I noticed that I had 30 Peasant Levies at my castle.  Went in to check the garrison and yes, there were 30 Peasant Levies from the first recruiter.

At this point I went back out to run some tournaments.  About 3 days later, I get the same error and this time I am close to the castle.  I go check and I now have 50 Peasant Levies, which means the second recruiter did complete his task even though this log message says he did not.

I did not send out any other recruiters after this, but the error message continues to occur every 2-3 days and makes the "money" sound as well.  As far as I can tell, I do not get any money deducted when this occurs.  I am now 40 in-game days past the point where the error first occurred (day 82) and the error message still appears on schedule, every couple days.
  4. voln

Patrols and some other questions

ntb_15 said:
    I cant start patrols because there is no patrol dialogue option with the constable, is it just for me or has anyone started patrols with this version?

I forget which NPC could send out patrols (it was one of the 3 you could hire if you own a town) but I do remember this from Pre8...you could send out 4 kinds of patrols yourself (you have to pay the maintenance fee).  Small / Medium / Large / Elite (elite was same size as small but with better units).

I have not seen this function yet in Pre9 though.
  5. voln

Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

Every once and awhile, I have been getting the following text in my logs:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OP CODE 1073742364 Invalid Troop number -1 Error Line 135
    At script : courtship_event_troop_court_lady
    SCRIPT ERROR ON OP CODE 540 Invalid Troop number -1 Error Line 136

This is with a fresh full install of 1.126 then with pre8 on top, imported player + companions, new game.

I did recently dedicate a tournament to some lady, I forget who, and her rating went up to 4.  I am guessing those errors are her trying to ask me to visit her.
  6. voln

Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

nordman101 said:
    Not sure this one has already been reported but I oh well.
    When you enter the arena (not a tornement) you can fight untill you die. When you die the tonement master is not there and you have to exit the arena and come back. You don't get you money eaither. Just to let you know! :grin:

I second this, I had the same problem (except I got paid after I came back).  You can just exit the arena and re-enter and get paid.  But yes, after the Arena (not tournament) match, the master is not present and you must exit/re-enter to get him to appear.  I only did regular arena once so far so I am not sure if it is everywhere.
  7. voln

When you will release new vers ?

othr said:
    Something is bugged for sure, the new version will come when I, or someone else, figures out exactly what the problem is with those horses.

I debated posting this but decided to, on the off chance it actually helps you.

I have been using 0.95 pre6 of your mod with 1.125, figured I would just skip pre7 and wait for your mod reintegrated with the diplomacy mod.  Saw you had some problems with mounted troops, so figured I would mess around with pre6 and see if I could get the crash.

I installed the warband patch to bring my version up to 1.126.  First thing I tried was removing and reinstalling pre6, so it would copy the 1.126 version of Native as its base.  I did not expect it to work and it didn't, got some RBL error about "item1".

I had made a complete backup of M&B:W, so I restored that.  So then I was back on 1.125 with pre6 of your mod.  I did the 1.126 upgrade, same as before, but decided just to run pre6 as it was, with the 1.125 Native files as a base.  I did 2 things:  I loaded a save and went into combat with mounted troops (my 38 vs a couple sea raiders).  I had around 20 mounted troops...no crashes or issues.  I then spawned a quick game of 100vs100 with 40% calvery on both sides, the rest fleshed out with inf/arch.  Battle completed fine, no crashes.

So I can at least tell you that if you run pre6 on 1.125 and then upgrade to 1.126, it works fine...no mounted troop crashes.  I am reaching here, but maybe one of the changes that you did after pre6 is the cause of the crash?  Or maybe some conflict with the 1.126 native files?

I wish you luck in finding out what the problem is; Your mod is amazing and I can't wait to see what you come up with in your next release  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom