Recent content by Vieira151

1. Vieira151

Metal, metal, metal

Hansi is the cheese god, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Never heard this band before. Checked two songs out form this new EP and I've enjoyed it a lot. Rooted in black metal and it sounds really cool.
  2. Vieira151

Metal, metal, metal

Vermillion_Hawk said:
    McBeverage said:
    i ****ing forgot how much i love amorphis but their newest album is 100% ****ing perfect

Okay seriously, what is it about Amorphis that is so great? I've seen pretty much every single metal publication line up to suck this album off, perfect scores aplenty yet I listened to it and I felt absolutely nothing. It is the buttered toast of metal albums - most of it is perfectly serviceable as individual instrumental parts or what have you, but there is some essential spirit missing or something, it sounds completely and utterly passionless and rote. I just don't get what people see in this album, and in the band in general.

I didn't like the new album anywhere near as much as Under the Red Cloud. It just felt kinda flat and the songwriting a bit uninspired this time round. The energy on UtRC was much better, imo.
  3. Vieira151

What TV series are you watching?

Shame. I'm quite enjoying the what if so far!

I haven't seen episode 5 yet but episode 4 is my favourite so far of TMS.
  4. Vieira151

What TV series are you watching?

Adorno said:
    Apple+ is now streaming.

Watched first episode of The Morning Show.
    A male news anchor is accused of sexual misconduct, and we follow how it affects various people involved on the station.
    It's obviously a "post-me-too" show. I fear it might be so politically correct that there are no real conflicts. We'll see.
    The question is more whether the viewer will be invested in the people on a fictional TV show. Not sure I'll bother.

See is pretty odd. The premise of a post-apocalyptic world where the few remaining humans are all blind is fun.
    The first episode (almost 1 hour long) failed to build the characters, though. And I think that'll be the biggest problem.
    The acting is pretty bad, but they also have little to work with. The dialogue is scarce and banal.
    The bad guy (Witch Hunter General, or something) is really cliché, and so are some of the others. The "Queen" I'm still trying to figure out.
    The show must have been very expensive, but the costumes and general aesthetic makes it look cheap.
    I think the only 2 things the show has going for it is the basic lore/story, that could be interesting down the line, and the beautiful Canadian landscape.

On the plus side I've now seen a queen perform a masturbation-prayer  :ohdear:

I got the trial to see how the shows were.

I didn't really get in to See. The fights were very video gamey and while the whole tribal atmosphere was interesting none of the characters really grabbed my attention.

I actually enjoy The Morning Show. It's definitely gotten stronger as the episodes have gone on - I thought the first episode was iffy. I don't think it's overly politically correct and they explore a bit more from the characters point of view. I think it's more critical of corporate culture than anything else.

Did you give For All Mankind a go?
  5. Vieira151

What are you listening to right now? Mark V

This band is excellent. This is a really unique and bonkers cover
  6. Vieira151

Metal, metal, metal

McBeverage said:
    i ****ing forgot how much i love amorphis but their newest album is 100% ****ing perfect, i think i would lose my **** if i got to see this live

They are the ****. I think I prefer Under the Red Cloud but the most recent is excellent too. Anneke <3
  7. Vieira151

New movie trailers

TheLoneWolf1 said:
    This is an upcoming netflix series I am waiting for, I liked the overall vibe of the trailer.

Really enjoying Robert Pattinsons French accent.  :lol: :lol:
  8. Vieira151

Metal, metal, metal

This sounds pretty cool. I'd be down for more mashups.
  9. Vieira151

[Werewolf] – The Necromancer's Tower – Sign Up

In this one? Yes.

Speedwolf needs another player, assuming everyone else is around.
  10. Vieira151

SPEEDWOLF™ - Brainstorming & Sign-up

Adaham said:
    If you find 7 people to play, then be my guest.

Oh, I forgot this was such a small game.  :mad:
  11. Vieira151

SPEEDWOLF™ - Brainstorming & Sign-up

If you don't have the time, I'd be down for hosting a small simple game in the mean time?
  12. Vieira151

New movie trailers

New WWI film coming next year.
Back
Top Bottom