Recent content by Vicboss

1. Dev Blog 27/06/2019

New phone, send invites  :grin:
  2. Dev Blog 11/07/19

Bruh why was I not invited  :cry:
  3. Sharpe

Everyone should be aware that Major Ducos is in it as well. Hilariously, he and Sharpe have no problem with each other.
  4. Strategic AI and Lord Parties

I have Sharpe and Major Ducos LMAO. Best buds forever.
  5. Video demonstrating the power of Calvary

Despite claims to the contrary the Cav is really op in this mod. They do too well against bayonet equipped units. This probably stems from the fact the bayonet animations are messed up atm and make the bayonet awful. Cav should destroy light infantry, such as your jaegers, but against grenadiers and the like the cav should have no chance, assuming you tell your men to use melee weapons. The accuracy of infantry leaves something to be desired at the moment as well. Also the firing range. In NW Commander battle, fighting cav is never so difficult because your men are much more accurate and much more effective in melee. It should be noted that historically head on charges were not common. Napoleon was the only commander in Europe who frequently used his cavalry in such a manner, to decisive effect. So I guess if these were all cuirassiers it would make more sense but seeing as they're Prussian the charge should not be that effective.
  6. I'm having a rough start, any tips?

Best way to make money is the arena fights. You start only making 100 francs a fight, but after about 20-30 fights every fight you do gives you 2000 francs. Make a little money then go companion hunting. You need a group of companions that don't hate each other, 3 is necessary any more is a plus but you absolutely need 3 companions and you want them to be low level. This is so you can mold them into a doctor, tactician, and scout respectively. Every time a companion levels increase their intelligence, even if they are not one of your main 3, this is so you can put more points into trainer, which makes it so you can level units just by waiting a day. Once you have your companions, equip them at the french military depot with cuirasses, cuirassier helmets, cavalry gloves, and a light officer sabre, buy horses from the market in town because right now those horses are better than the depot ones, go to England and in the military depot buy British infantry rifles(for some reason my companions equipped with carbines and swords on horswes could only use carbines, with rifles not an issue), also 95th rifleman pants (some reason French max pants armour is like +16, the 95th pants are  +20 or +25). Once everyone's decked out, start going from place to place doing arena fights. Use the fast travel. Kill any bandits and level yourself and your companions. Once you've done enough grinding, I like to get myself to around 22 and my 3 main companions to have 6's or 7's  in their important skills.

Just for clarity the increase in arena money is as follows, minus the info as to how many guys you have to beat to get to each level, as that I am unaware of.
    1st level=100 francs
    2nd= 350 francs
    3rd= 750 francs
    4th= 1000 francs
    Final= 2000 francs
  7. Got Stuck in Peace

I attacked a lord without permission. Didn't do anything beyond lowering my relation with the nation I attacked, the person I attacked, and Napoleon.
  8. Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

I'm not sure if this problem is for all carbines or just the one I was using. When your companions are on horses and using the Rifled Carbine they can't switch to their melee weapons. I found a temp fix by equipping them with British Infantry Rifles and they were able to use melee that way. I'm also fairly certain it was only happening while they were mounted. Another one I noticed is when you are using a Russian NCO's Halberd on horseback, you swing with the hand that is not holding it. It has the right range and damage it's just you're holding it in the hand that is not swinging. Oh and great idea lowering the price of books. I found them pre-patch and I could only afford like one, this time I grabbed them all. It wouldn't be so bad if the travellers could tell you where book merchants are (might be in now haven't checked).
  9. Comments: 3.0 Released

Hey, I love the mod but I was wondering if there is a way to disable companions interacting with each other. I always hate having to deal with their bs lol. Asides from that and some minor bugs this mod really is the tits. Keep up the great work!!!
  10. Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Hello, I'm new to NaS and I'd like to join any regiment just to experience a few large line battles. I'll take any position excluding bugler/piper/flag-bearer, with a preference towards roles that will put a revolver in my hand :smile:
Back
Top Bottom