Recent content by Vaeringjar

1. Saving mod data/settings - Thoughts

An easy solution to the ID problem is to simply use the Nexus mod ID (or steam workshop ID). It requires publishing the mod before having the upload ready, but it should be as simple as recompiling it with the new ID and upload it.

This has always been my suggestion for this kind of thing, if the mod platform used already provides unique IDs, might as well just use those.
  2. Garrisons and Food, how do you maintain it?

I don't understand people looking to mods so that they can shove 400 soldiers in a raided, devastated border town and get yet another advantage with something the AI won't/can't use all while breaking one of the few game mechanics that's actually implemented well.

The AI gets the same benefit as the player. I've seen plenty of AI cities with starving garrisons before I made a mod to address the issue. Now AI's garrisons are larger, and the AIs can both store and take more troops from settlements. v2 makes it so it only applies when not at siege.

It's also expensive for the player to have massive high tier garrisons. I got bled dry by them in my first campaign... a bad habit from Warband ^_^
  3. Linking prosperity with food production creates an inescapable downward spiral for fiefs

And afaik it's very normal for games to have a big peak at launch. Most will want to play it then, but not everyone is playing it 24/7...

And it seems to me that the modding community has exceeded expectations, which may bode well for the game's future.
  4. Linking prosperity with food production creates an inescapable downward spiral for fiefs

"I want to work on the native game and improve it."

That's the number 1 reason people make and use mods ^_^
  5. Garrisons and Food, how do you maintain it?

...have a look at my mods, they address this issue. Link in my signature.
  6. My feedback & bug reports & co

Thanks!

Good thing I've been too busy modding to be able to play the game that last few days...
    Who the hell places the bugs and balance feedback subforums on a technical support forum though???? No wonder I didn't find it lol, makes no sense to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But yeah, thank you for the link lol, I'll have a look at that once I start my next playthrough ^_^
  7. My feedback & bug reports & co

# 1.1 Beta - literally unplayable

On beta 1.1, the vanilla launcher is loading the native modules in the wrong order, leading to a crash every time. Launching the exe directly works fine, but then mods are a pain to run. I had to use THIS fan-made launcher and reorder the native modules for the game to actually work.
  8. Last patch 1.0.10 Destroyed my performance

8 GB Ram

you gonna need some more of that
  9. My feedback & bug reports & co

# 1.0.9

[Bug][UI] When recruiting prisoners, SHIFT to recruit up to 5 at a time doesn't work.
    [Bug] It's daytime, I want to buy a workshop in Akkalat but there's not a single shop worker at the leftmost workshop...
    [Bug] Some settlements have float values instead of int? Simira castle has "Prosperity 671.5986", Tismil village has "Hearths 220.5919", Akkalat city has "Prosperity 1829.601", Canterion village has "Hearths 169.5434", Sagora village has "Hearths 90.67278", and so on, roughly half of the settlements I own have this. My daily gold change also shows up with several decimal digits.
    [Bug] I had over 300 prisoners in my "capital" city, and now they're all gone, wtf?
    [Bug] I voted against my ruler in a stupid-policy vote, and my relations dropped from almost 100 to -10... what the hell?
    [][Siege] When assaulting without a ram, if an enemy falls into between the gates, the attacking AIs may be unable to reach the enemy, resulting in an eternal battle...

[Localisation] Multiple policy effects descriptions use the word "payed", which is incorrect, the correct spelling being "paid". "Payed" is a nautical term.

[AI][Campaign] 250-man army was besieging a castle with 75. I join the besieging army and it instantly lifts the siege and moves to siege a different place. I assume this other place has a higher priority but required a larger force to take, but a siege in progress should not be lifted, particularily since it would be even easier to take now that the army is larger.
    [AI][Campaign] AI should not leave mounted units as garrison.
    [AI][Siege] The defensive formation formed behind a gate isn't as effective as it would be if it made a larger front, or even a semi-circle around the gate opening. As is, a packed square means most of the formation isn't fighting and the attacker has a larger front giving a significant advantage in the melee. These squares are always getting utterly massacred, and are a factor for the high defender casualty ratio.

[Balance][Troop]
    "Mercenary Guard", "Mercenary Crossbowman", "Vlandian Armed Trader" are crossbow units but have very low crossbow skill.
    "Imperial Armed Trader", "Khuzait Armed Trader", "Battanian Armed Trader", "Aserai Armed Trader" and "Sturgian Armed Trader" use bows, but have no bow skill.
    "Thug", "Expert Thug" and "Master Thug" are using placeholder skills.
    "Jawwal Camel Rider" and "Jawwal Bedouin" are using placeholder skills.
    "Veteran Oath Keeper" and "Expert Oath Keeper" are using placeholder skills.
    Empire's crossbowmen do not have skills adjusted to the crossbow.
    "Battanian Picked Warrior" and "Battanian Veteran Skirmisher" seem to have wrong skills for their tier and type.
    [Balance][Troop] Armed traders have rather poor equipment given their tier and their skill levels. Makes sense for them to be placed in-between peasant militia and veteran militia, and being traders should be wealthier and thus better equiped than peasants. They are a great unit for immersion. In Medieval 2 Total War, the merchants guild would allow you to get merchant cavalry militia, which was a well equiped but low-skilled unit, which is immersive.

[QoL][UI] The encyclopedia would be way more practical if it listed troop trees instead of individual troops.
    [QoL][UI] Clan/Fief screen should show income values from each fief.
    [QoL][UI] Make it visible from a city's menu if there are mercenaries available, and which type. And make them visibile by ALT when at the tavern.
    [QoL][Immersion] What's the point of taking lords prisoner if half of them escape within 2 days? Obnoxious.
    [QoL][Immersion] When controling mangonels/catapults, the aiming (left-right) sensitivity is too high, making it hard to aim at a precise spot based on previous shots. Siege engines are also kinda heavy, so it'd be immersive if we couldn't move them as if made of paper.
    [QoL][Immersion] XP leveling should be more linear-ish. As is the player levels really fast at the beggining, but really slow after level 12 or so. Linearise it by making it slower early game (where the quick leveling is unimersive anyway) but having the XP needed for a new level increase linearly, rather than exponentially.
    [QoL]In sieges mounted units should only spawn after all foot units have.
    [QoL] Would be great if we could place recruitment orders for groups of troops, rather than having to micromanage individual soldiers.

[Immersion][QoL] It should be possible to plunder cities. Ruin their prosperity and turn it into loot and coin. Would take time to do so though. For example the denars shown on trading, much of it should be plunderable.
    [Immersion][Siege] During sieges, defenders will obviously man all walls, and the point of assault may not always be obvious (well, realistically anyway). Thus, while assaulting, part of the defending militia should spawn with a delay, as they arrive from other parts of the city. If the walls fall before all defenders arrive, this would trigger street fighting beyond the walls, which would be really cool.
    [Immersion][Siege] When the inner gate is opened from the inside before the ram has broken through the 1st gate, both gates should open and the ramming cancelled.
    [] The pre-siege preparation phase would make a great basis for a battle command system.
    Would be great if I could command individual soldiers to hold certain positions. The AI is a bit of a mess.
  10. My feedback & bug reports & co

# 1.0.8 / 1.0.9

[Bug][Exploit] When leading an army and moving into a friendly looted village, AI lords in the army are able to recruit from it.
    [Bug] Savescumming dialogue can trigger a bug that makes dialogue stop working. First, get a save before a presuasion type dialogue, then in the middle of it exit to menu and reload, go speak to the same person and the dialogue will no longer work.
    Finishing the dialogue and only then reloading works fine though. And on top of that this guy's army is made up of dirty peasants, pffffff
    [Bug][AI][Siege] REEEEE my trebuchets aren't shooting because they're missing loaders... looks like they start with a loader assigned, but the ******* just runs off... some of them get a loader again after a while...
    Also on trebuchets, when they aren't hitting anything, like firing really short of even hitting the walls, they just keep shooting short
    [Bug] When I'm scaling a ladder while on horseback, allied NPCs shouldn't be able to push me sideways and throw me down like in Warband >:/
    [???] "Aserai Militia Veteran Spearman" is using a Battavian shield?

[Localisation] "Naming Newborn" screen: todo_descr

[AI][Siege] 4 ladders on the walls, plenty of men to scale them, but one ladder had no one scaling it for a while... (I'd take a screenshot but it ain't working) Seeing this multiple times.
    [AI][Siege] Archers are utterly useless when attacking, they just stay in very tight square clumps doing nothing at all...
    [!AI][QoL] Could you please make it so lords arriving to join my army don't just kamikaze into nearby enemy armies/lords? On top of that I'm laying siege! I now have to abandon my 4 trebuchets just to engage in a battle caused by AI's retardedness... like holy crap does this piss me off.
    On top of that because they banzaied on their own inititative they won't be under my command in battle, and will just proceed to kamikaze tactically too, instead of just strategically.
    [AI][Battle] So this one AI I was helping out just advanced in a straight line archers and all, everything into melee... Would be neat if AIs would actually use their archers properly, including aggressively ahead of infantry lines.
    [AI][Campaign] What's with the nonsensical war declarations? Is it random??? Faction is already at war with the super power of this playthrough, yet decides to declare war on an evenly matched neighbour, and then another... what the hell?
    Surely fixing this would also help against snowballing?

[Balance][Immersion] Foot soldiers run faster than would be realistic?
    [Balance][Immersion] Real battle should give troops and heroes more experience than bandit whacking and passive xp perks.
    [Balance][Immersion][Siege] Attacking with ladders is costly. Having more ladders would be great. Perhaps scale the number of ladders with battle size.
    [Balance] Wars seem to end up being whack-a-mole back and forth sieging the same settlements over and over again...
    [Balance][Policies] "Council of the Commons" gives out ridiculous amounts of influence. In my specific case, having 2 cities + a castle (+ their 8 villages), it's around 80% of my passive influence gain.
    [Balance][Equipment] Are "Rough Tied Bracers" supposed to be the best hand/arm armour available??? Doesn't look like it.
    [Balance][Hideouts] Hideouts are still broken suicide missions, do something about it please.
    [Balance][Troop] "Veteran Oath Keeper", tier 6, has some peasant-tier skill levels...

[QoL][Battle] In Warband we could select multiple formations using shift. This was quite useful.
    [QoL][Battle] Having a hotkey to switch "Show Bannerds On Friendly Troops" on and off would be great. We could then have both immersion during non-combat phases and the utility during pitched battle.
    [QoL] In Warband it was really easy to change difficulty settings mid-battle, which was great for sieges and larger (modded) low-fps stuttery battles, as you could just make yourself take less damage. Would be really useful here too. Also useful to let you focus on commanding rather than fighting.
    [QoL][Campaign] Really need a proper notification system for sieges going on (friendly & enemy), and sightings of enemy armies.
    [QoL][UI] Would be great to have an easier way of inputing precise amounts of denars in the barter UI.
    [QoL][Siege] If multiple armies are at siege, both the army that took initiative to besiege it, and the army which is largest, should be able to take initiative to assault the walls.
    [QoL][Immersion] Would be great if we could commission equipment rather than having to look for it and pray to RNGesus.
    [QoL][Army] Instead of instantly disbanding an army, first alert the player about the low cohesion. Easy to forget to bump it up.
    [QoL][UI] In the party UI please add a button to recruit all recruitable prisoners, and another to upgrade all upgradeable troops.

[Immersion] When a core settlement of the faction is retaken, it should default to whoever owned it previously. For example retaking one's capital should return it to whoever owned it, which was probably the faction leader.
    [Immersion] Army leader models' animations on the map are all synchronised, which is unimmersive.
    [Immersion] Donating to garrisons should give a bit of influence and relations.
    [Immersion][QoL] I'd like to be able to tell my archers to do a "fire & advance", where they slowly advance to the indicated position but fire on the way instead of just running there.
    [Immersion][Balance] Mounted unit types should have a dismounted counterpart. If a horse dies in battle, then a horse is needed to make them mounted again. If the soldier dies, then the horse is kept. Cavalry prisoners will thus no longer be priority number 1, since they'd need the player/lord to have horses to actually use them as cavalry. As is you'll always want to keep cav prisoners for recruitment.
  11. The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass

Aye, game is great but the blobbiness is a big turnoff
  12. 1.0.8 Patch & Performance Issue

I haven't noticed any performance difference.
  13. My feedback & bug reports & co

# 1.0.8

[Bug][Siege] I was unable to tell my troops to tear down the 2nd door... and as I fell while hacking it it only got broken through when opened from inside >:/
    [Bug] There's a shop worker using and sitting with the beggar animation outside of leftmost workshop in Odokh...
    [Bug][Hideouts] Boss fight, the 5 enemies split into 2 groups, 2 of them go after me while I strategically redeploy (retreat). I fall, 3 of my guys remain and so do the 2 on top of me away from my guys. My guys just stand there doing nothing while the 2 enemies take out their bows and shoot them to pieces... my guys would easily have meleed them but no, pffffff
    [???] See screenshots linked at the bottom

[AI][Siege] Siegers are building a catapult, 76% progress... why not wait for it to be finished before assaulting? (although defenders are at 86% to build one too)
    [AI] AI's should consider joining an already assembled army rather than creating a new one.
    [AI][Siege] Troops with spears, like cavalry, should instead use swords if available. At least during deployment some cavalry types seem to prefer their spears. (Too busy during battle to remember to check though)
    [AI][Battle] This one battle, I scout the enemy positions and notice their formation's troops just running around in circles, back and forth within that formation's square...

[QoL] Please disable damage when just walking around in settlements. I wasn't trying to fall down the stairs...
    [QoL][Siege] If those wooden-wall thingies for archer cover siegers have were setup in simpler and longer lines, then it'd be easier to assign archers to them, as one would just need to spread them in a line along the wooden "walls".
    [QoL][Siege] For sieges attacks, infantry without shields should be put in a separate formation, and archers with shields in another as well.
    [QoL] Would be neat if we could give general orders to clan parties, or somehow be able to have patrols to keep bandits away from villages and trade routes...
    [QoL] I should be able to meet one of my clan's parties in the field and tell them to disband by re-joining me.
    [QoL][Siege] Please let SP spectator cam clip through walls, otherwise it's impossible to look inside towers and such

[Balance][Immersion] It doesn't seem like siege equipment/artillery build speed is affected by manpower? A garrison+militia of 50 built 3 catapults as quickly as my 400 men built a ram...
    [Balance] Are the AI's settlements negatively affected by "issues"? If the player is the only entity able to solve issues (directly or indirectly) then the AI is being unfairly penalised...

# Buggy screenshots
    Leaning tower: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....359/B64DDAA596E6C5F4401AD8F106B811ED38139495/
    (btw, leaning tower never went over the wall correctly, and the assigned unit just stood there being useless. Reason they're moving is I made them follow me, but charge just sent them back to the tower)
    Bridge: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....722/39FE4B94CD318A3F8F89B7AD751615B2EDE39275/
    Giant pixelated spear tips on the ground: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....187/FA3CDAA5F81C9FB16CDF5141EA3750030FB4EFAB/
    Comfy dude: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....174/DFD33EC4686B9AA5D9929A9C2E3610FA9552D9AC/

This one just looks great: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....174/EE2D5DD221B2C291418D1D9068F9571955FCD183/
Back
Top Bottom