Recent content by UniversalWolf

1. UniversalWolf

About *those* quests...

I always keep an eye out for cheap sacks of Grain, and carry a few with me in case I find a grain quest from a village.

My favorite quests are still rescuing imprisoned lords, because no one tells you to do it.  If you want to give it a try, it's all on your own initiative.

Unless one of the noble ladies tells you to do it, that is, which is extra good because you get improved relations with a noble lady, which is fairly hard to come by otherwise.

I'd love to see more rescue quests, like rescuing maidens and that sort of thing.  Also, more variation in them.  Maybe sometimes you have to sneak out through a secret passage or something.
  2. UniversalWolf

Unique troop ideas.

ArtistX said:
    First I'd like to ask if you could add some abilities to some of the troops you can only get by rescuing.. like Caravan Master"Supply Runner" and the Manhunters"Watchful Eye". I think it would also be nice if the both were upgradable into better versions..
    I like that idea.
  3. UniversalWolf

Promised news - new release incoming

Leifdin said:
    My intention is to make the mod as polished as I can.
    Sounds like a good idea!  I'll be checking it out.
  4. UniversalWolf

Generic vs foreign language troop naming

It might create new problems, but it would solve the current problem of what to call the troops.
  5. UniversalWolf

Generic vs foreign language troop naming

What if you have a standard name for a troop type, but let the player rename each troop type as he pleases through the UI?

So it might start out as "Nord Huscarls," but if I want to I can change it to "Big Axe Guys."
  6. UniversalWolf

trying to make a submod

Eh, what are you trying to do exactly?
  7. UniversalWolf

Kinda Struggling with New Troop Names

I agree with the original point about naming.  As to the second point about troop types - I'm withholding judgement.  I will consider it in the future, but I can't recall ever thinking there were too many different units while I was playing the game.  Studying the lists may give you a different impression.
  8. UniversalWolf

I win!!!

Daeghen said:
    ...the worst part was closeout, when I had taken over all centers but a few enemy lords remained. They were single Lords moving at over 9 on the overland map.
    It's a good argument for some kind of final victory mechanic.

Calradian nobles aren't freedom fighters or patriots or revolutionaries.  They enjoy their creature comforts and dislike mingling with the peasants.  They're not going to live off the land.  If one faction has effectively won the war, they should either surrender with the hope of amnesty and join the new order, or transform into outlaws.
  9. UniversalWolf

Item price calculations for high quality needs to be tweaked

Instead of lowering the price you should be able to trade three towns for your custom item!  :fruity:
  10. UniversalWolf

Mercenary band name brainstorming

The Nice Lads
    The Smiling Band
    Troop of the Happy Victory
    Enforced Etiquette
    Friends in Fun
    Brothers of the Long Road
    The Third Hand
    Fraternity of the Laughing Cow
    Fortune's Disciples
  11. UniversalWolf

firearm troops

Leifdin said:
    I'll fix the names, they indeed shouldn't be called rifles.
    I'm not arguing that rifles is "wrong," necessarily.  IRL there are and were such things as matchlock rifles.  Whether or not that's appropriate depends on what your vision is for firearms in Silverstag.

Are firearms in Silverstag imported from Geroia or some other, more advanced land?  Or are they indigenous to Calradia?

If the technology is imported you might indeed find rifles.  If, as I assume, firearms are native to Calradia (since you can commission them in towns and castles), then rifles are a pretty big technological leap from what the standard seems to be.

I'm not criticizing in any way; I'm just throwing this out there for your consideration.
  12. UniversalWolf

firearm troops

Introducing firearms into Silverstag also introduces some firearm related topics that ought to be discussed.  For example, most of the guns in Silverstag ATM are called "rifles," which is probably technologically too advanced for Calradia.  The term "rifle" refers specifically to guns with spiral grooves inside the barrel.  These are later developments of firearms.  The "rifles" in the game should probably be called muskets, since they're almost certainly the less technologically advanced smoothbore guns (that is, guns with no grooves inside the barrel).  If you want really early firearms in Silverstag, I would even say it should be limited to hand cannons and arquebuses (the precursors to muskets).

Matchlock firearms also have a few notable limitations.  The key part of the mechanism is the "match" which is a smouldering wick.  A smouldering wick isn't any good in a rain storm, however, so matchlock firearms are probably not going to function in wet weather.  Since the match is exposed, it also invites the possibility of igniting any powder with which it accidentally comes in contact.
  13. UniversalWolf

Notes on Towns & Villages

First off, great job on the new version!  I've skipped a couple of iterations, so the difference is very apparent. I've noticed a few strange things with the village scenes. First of all, Ruvar (along the coast between Wercheg and Rivacheg) has levitating buildings.  They're all hovering off...
  14. UniversalWolf

Some feedback and questions...

FWIW, I really like the new town scenes.  They look great.  Unfortunately they make me want more things to do in them, especially things that aren't accessible from the town interface screen.

Possibilities:
    - Black market dealers
    - Gambling dens
    - Sewers

EDIT: How about a tailor's shop?  I'd like a place to custom order Lordly Fur Coats and other fancy clothes.  :grin:
  15. UniversalWolf

Development Feedback - Direction

Windyplains said:
    The development roadmap that I've added to the wiki is the perspective plan for my focus areas over the next several versions.
    That's cool!

I've started playing again recently after adding a few upgrades to my trusty desktop computer.  Warband runs better than ever now.

I suspect I may get back to some item editing in the near future.  Or maybe I'll take a shot at the UI...
Back
Top Bottom