Recent content by Ulreijk the Frisian

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Thnx for the answers. I know that's sufficient for GTA V, just wanted to get some reassurance. Alright, I guess I'll go for that one...

2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'm about to buy myself a new notebook. Although I do like gaming and really enjoyed M&B Warband (for 100s of hours), I'm in no way addicted to graphics and huge screens. Still I wonder, whether this setup will be good enough to play Bannerlord at low-medium levels fluently. What's your opinion?

Asus Zenbook UX303UB-R4111T
    Intel Core i5-6200U (2x 2,3-2,8GHz / HD 520 / 15W)
    nVidia GeForce 940M (2GB)
    8 GB DDR3L-1600MHz (PC3L-12800)
    256GB SSD

I would regret to spent this kind of money and not being able to check out Bannerlord, when it's released in 18 months or whenever...
    Thnx for your informed replies!
  3. Early game

Ok, somehow I won a battle now, by basically taking them out all myself. Then I could update a bunch of my troops and those seem to do a lot better. Won the next battle with ease. I guess it was just a hard first hurdle to get over...
  4. Early game

Ehm, I just downloaded the mod and although I do have some Warband experience and also have played this mod years ago, I have no freakin idea what to do in the early game. I'm playing in normal difficulty (102%) with the native recruitment system and it seems absolutely impossible to do...
  5. Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Does anyone know, when this will actually come out?
  6. Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Remorr said:
    Too bad, that they cut out celtic religion. Everything else seems awesome though.

As far as I know the celtic religion was pretty much done for when the Vikings popped up at Lindisfarne...
  7. Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

any idea when this will be released? certainly will make waiting for bannerlord easier  :grin:
  8. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'm really curious to see what the main map you move your character and army on is gonna look like! I believe that this is a sphere in which graphics and game feel could be enhanced with a lot less effort than in the battle and city scenes. After all you spent a lot of time in this view. Has any information on this been released yet? 

A nice, busy, and complex map can really help for the game to be immersive. Lucidity is an aspect not to forget as well of course. Also since many warband mods seemed to struggle with generating atmospheric maps, a well-built editor for those maps could be really helpful. (great exceptions were Prophesy of Pendor and Brytenwalda of course)
  9. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Wtf? Now I remember why I hardly ever engage in these forums...
  10. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Varrak said:
    Hello guys. You are doing amazing job. Can my computer run Bannerlord with full graphic ? My computer has 4 GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics driver.

I'm quite sure that you will need a dedicated graphics card to have it run with full graphics (2-3 GB). And I guess at least 8GB Ram wouldn't hurt either, but you'll have time to worry for that in 12-18 months...
  11. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

True that. Historical inspiration is still a great tool to get the imagination of the player goin. The Nords, Sarranids and Khergits but also the rather classical European factions clearly have their counterparts in history. Of course the gameplay itself is way more important, especially since there will be loads of mods anyways.

Still I'm glad that the scenario is going in that direction!
  12. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Check this out for example: A fortified village set up in the former amphitheatre of Arles/France. The houses were removed in the 19th century though. I'd love to see stuff like that!

ArlesMiddleAges950x622.jpg
  13. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Very, very nice! I just love the late antiquity / early middle ages time period! This video reminds me of the fantastic Brytenwalda mod. Did you see those broken columns in the background when the duell takes place at the end of the video? Very authentic! I hope there will be lots of places like Hadrian's Wall in Brytenwalda for instance. Wooden small villages and hideouts tucked into the ruins of once magnificient cities built of stone. That's just how it was! Awesome!

Crumbling leftovers of an ancient civilization are just a wonderful way to capture one's imagination. I recently spent some time in various archeological excavation sites in Sicily: Selinunte, Segesta, Mozia. I can't get enough of it!
  14. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

The Bowman said:
    Ulreijk the Frisian said:
    Ok, I haven't played warband in about a year, because I figuered it would make sense to wait for bannerlord. Seems like that was a bit overhasty. You know what, I'm gonna start a new game right now!

I guess it might have been an error by the team, to announce bannerlord this early, without having anything to show for. Looks like it was predictable, that they would have to disappoint expectations for quite a while.

By now my prediction is a beta in 2016.

Sorry for my rudeness, but you're either not conscious of the gme itself or you don't know that nearly 50 people are working on Bannerlord at the moment. The Mount&Blade franchise is no more the Wife&Husband project. It has a whole team behind it, which is developing the game at a completly different pace. In present, TaleWorlds is very close to a professional studio.

How do you get to the conclusion, that I am either not concious of the game itself or do not know that 50 people are working on it? Blizzard took for ever to finish starcraft II also, and they had a huge team. In the end I don't mind a release date in a few years. The quality of the game at release is definetly more important. 2016 seems reasonable to me.
  15. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Ok, I haven't played warband in about a year, because I figuered it would make sense to wait for bannerlord. Seems like that was a bit overhasty. You know what, I'm gonna start a new game right now!

I guess it might have been an error by the team, to announce bannerlord this early, without having anything to show for. Looks like it was predictable, that they would have to disappoint expectations for quite a while.

By now my prediction is a beta in 2016.
Back
Top Bottom