Recent content by UggaBugga

1. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

ares007 said:
    @wolfserpentfish
    1) that is a "Legends of Zelda" shield
    2) that bow and arrow looks a bit too "modern" to me. I think we should be going for a more "rustic" feel
    3) the first sword looks great.
    4) the second sword could be a badger weapon or something, but in my opinion is a bit too gothic/fancy. Remember, we want the mod to feel more rustic than gothic.
    5) is it possible to use sketch-up models in MnB? They've got a weird format; I don't know if they can be converted.

@Tuckles and Unbound Zero
    I think you are both making good and pretty much valid points.

However, I want to put my spin on this. In a number of occasions, non-combat peaceful goodbeasts from the abbey have been able to trounce battle-hardened vermin without very much of a problem. This is nothing short of ludicrous in terms of reality, logic, and gameplay for the mod. In reality, weasels, ferrets, and stoats are stronger, faster, smarter, and quicker than all the variety of mice, hedgehogs, shrews, squirrels, rats, hares, and rabbits. Also, even though Redwall isn't totally realistic, it is at least somewhat based on reality (for example badgers are rightfully the strongest and most dangerous animal), so the stoats, weasels, and ferrets should be closer to the "top-of-the-food-chain".

Logically speaking, a battle-hardened, evil vermin who has no moral concern for killing another beast should easily defeat a peaceful abbey dweller or two which is not how it often happens in the books. This means that we can't totally trust the books for everything.

Now, gameplay speaking, we have to make sure that things are balanced enough to make playing as a vermin or good beast fun.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to the quantity vs quality idea. Just to make things relatively consistent with the books, I think we should adopt the policy of vermin going for quantity, and goodbeasts going for quality. But I still think that all factions should have some significantly expensive elite troop that is not really any better than any other elite troop.

No , I don't think you can use Google Sketchup models with M&B. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Qtee said:
    Was randomly thinking about this mod last night.
    I thought of a mod concept that would be original and is mainly composed of bits and pieces of features I have seen in other mods (so I know they are possible).
    You could fill the map with ~6-7 small factions (of good/evil), and 1 large faction that owns 70-80% of the real estate (this would be a neutral faction that owned the majority of villages, and "castles" which would be slightly bigger villages that could be captured by evil factions, it would have only a couple or no lords). This big neutral faction would represent small communites of goodly creatures which for some reason is what i imagine the redwall world to be mainly filled with. The 1 or 2 good small factions (mossflower etc.) would be perma-allied to the neutral faction, so they can help them defend against evil factions, do quests for them etc. The 4-5 evil factions would be vermin lords from the books who have permanent strongholds that exist on the redwall map that is used for the  mod, they would start out small, as they would be expected to expand. The other major aspect could be that there is a 10 or 5% chance each week of a vermin horde spawning somewhere randomly (similar to how in Prophesy of pendor hero armies have a chance to spawn, however it would be a mini-faction of several army units, possibly 10+ units of varying sizes. Being a faction (like in invasion mods like SoD) would allow them to take property. There could be multiple hordes that have a chance to spawn which would be other hosts from the books who don't necessarily have a permanent base on the map. You could play a good race, and help the good and neutral factions with quests + tryto neutralise evil factions and hordes that spawn. Or you could play a vermin and help one of the evil factions, possibly even by a long grind of doing certain quests get your relations good enough with a good faction to join.

This is just an idea I had, that I thought might suit redwall, I have no time unfortunately to contribute, and I don't expect any of this to be used, just thought I'd get it down.

It's a good idea, I like it.

It's just that we don't want to set permanent forts for the good/evil, we want to be able to take over any stronghold you'd please.
  3. Best mod?

Sgt.Spencer said:
    I was wondering what do you guys think of the Mount and Blade Mods? What are some of your favorites? I Have prophecy of pendor and it's pretty fun, but im looking for something else maybe something Middle Eastern based? I really like Scimitars!

If you're into scimitars, then check out

Rise of Khergits II

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,93986.0.html
  4. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

tlbedfor said:
    I forgot to do a specular map on it.

Do you guys know what else is needed for modelling? I'm in the mood to do some, but I have no idea what is needed

I just PM'ed you the weapon list.
  5. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

tlbedfor said:
    Hi

I've only ever read one of the readwall books when i was younger, but I loved it, although I can't remember which one it was.

Anyway do you need any help from a 3D artist? I can model, texture and animate. Just let me know if you need anything.

Yeah, we could use your help.

If you're interested in helping, PM Ares
  6. Calradia: Modern Warfare Download Link

How did you get your hands on the mod?
  7. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Lord Drake said:
    UnboundZero said:
    Not bad, but I don't want to have animal heads on human bodies... Try to make them look as much like an human as you can without making them loose their animal look.
    Is that what you meant?

No.. he meant exactly what he said.
  8. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Boats said:
    After I did the mouse head it was pretty easy to just modify it into the other heads, so I went on a modelling spree and just did a bunch of species. I didn't do anything with the models by Del that you sent me because some of them were wayyyy to high poly count and others just didn't match very well with what I had already. I can still cut them in half if you want though. These need a little bit of polishing but they are pretty much done and most have 2 or 3 different skins to choose from.

pics:
    Ferret

Otter

wildcat

fox

hare

mouse

rat

shrew

badger

squirrel

There is a weasel too but I forgot to take a screenshot of it. It's pretty much the same as ferret, just different textures.

oh my stars, NICE
  9. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Jimmy3LT said:
    I don't know if you need anymore modelers, but if you do I might be able to help out some. If you want to see some of my previous stuff, or make any requests, just PM me.

PM Ares a sample of your work.
  10. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Zabarman said:
    hey i just checked in on the mod is ther a beta or a real version yet

Zabar

There won't be for awhile, there's still a lot to do.
  11. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Yeah, this mod won't be done for awhile.

There is still a lot to do.
  12. Battle Sizer?

Battle Size Changer

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8058.0.html
  13. SP Native Modern "Calradia: Modern Warfare"

wow, nice work. I did not expect the Modern Warfare setting to actually be built.
  14. SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

buggy123 said:
    hey guys...just wanted you all to know that I'm not dead and didn't quit on this. Been sick lately and finals is coming up so I can't do much. Good to see progress (Keep it up guys! I'll definitely start helping out again once things settles down)

and you left out heroes of newerth LOL
Back
Top Bottom