Recent content by Tylerb7

1. Servers Downtime

embarrassing. dead game.
  2. Two-Handed Speed Nerf When?

I have never been one of the better players in either Warband or Bannerlord, so someone please correct me if this is wrong, but my experience is that any weapon can be arbitrarily fast as long as you turn into the swing. This means that, except for wind-up time, every weapon is the same speed. I can't see them changing this.
  3. Estimated wait time: 1 second

Presented without comment.
  4. Endless queueing

Haven't played for a few months until yesterday. Queued for a total of 4 hours for NA Skirmish and managed to play a whole two matches. Great. (1) What is the deal with the useless 'estimated wait time'? This is even worse than the old lying count of players in the matchmaking queue. (2) I see...
  5. Login failed

I have the same issue and I'm on the latest update of Windows 10.
  6. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

I just wanted to pop in and say that this mod is still the absolute most fun I've ever had with Mount and Blade.
  7. Annoying stuttering in large battles, with no obvious cause.

I haven't had the time to try that yet, but it did make me realize something I should've noticed immediately: Warband has never used more than 1.5GB of my RAM. So I went to make the exe LAA... but it already was? I was sure I'd identified the bottleneck, but now I'm more confused than ever.

Hopefully the above will circumvent this, if it is the problem.
  8. Annoying stuttering in large battles, with no obvious cause.

That seemed like a good suggestion, so I tried a couple of different battle sizes and unit proportions in both custom battles and the campaign;

- None of the custom battles ever had the stuttering issue, not even with 200 vs 200 cavalry colliding in the mountain pass battle map.
    - A ~500 man battle in the campaign didn't stutter, with me having 120 cavalry.
    - A ~350 man battle did have the stuttering, with me having about 80 cavalry.

What gets me is that I can't identity the bottleneck here. I mean, it isn't even really lagging---so far it's only ever done that in certain mods (Floris) during huge battles, and then only when my view was focused on the giant mass of soldiers fighting. That's just normal slowdown, and I can understand that; but this stuttering is just kind of vaguely related to large battles.
  9. Annoying stuttering in large battles, with no obvious cause.

This is unrelated to Native issues--keep it to the Floris board.
    (You are seeing this because of the increased in-battle calculations of the additional formations/new battle AI--the calculations can be CPU intensive and are exponential vis-a-vis battle size--optimization awaiting the script enhancer's update to 1.153)

Sorry, I thought it might be relevant. I was assuming that any additional scripts Floris added would still run after player death, since you can optionally decide troop tactics for when you're knocked out of the battle. So I thought perhaps dying in Native might also for some reason make the stuttering vanish, except of course Native doesn't let you stick around to watch.

As for the rest, the Warband engine isn't optimized for the newest hardware. It is long standing that folks with comparatively "weaker" systems can sometimes get better results than someone with all the newest bells and whistles; this is documented multiple times across this board. The one thing I would suggest is that you ensure that Warband is actually getting access to your RAM and that Steam hasn't stuck it in compatibility mode. Check both the Steam .exe and the mb_warband.exe and be sure compatibility mode is off.

The hardware thing makes sense, and I've seen it in plenty of other games. Compatibility mode was off.

You can also double check by looking in the rgl_log.txt (in the Warband install folder, not the config file in Documents) and be sure that Warband is reading your system correctly. If you want more assistance, I'd recommend pasting the contents of that file here.

Log:
    Starting new log file.
    Version:  1.153

[System info, all as expected]

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
    } //Processing Ini File Finished
    Loading Music...
    Loading Textures...
    Finished Loading Textures...
    L8 Format is  unsupported
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_get_party_speed_multiplier
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
    Loading Module...
    Loading item kinds...
    Loading dialogs...
    Loading mission templates...
    Loading party templates...
    loading time:  39087
    Finished All...
    Loading tracks
    load_map_data complete.
    Init_map complete.
    init_meta_mission complete.
    map mesh built.
    get_ideal_sun_color.
    get_ideal_fog_color.
    642 parties added.
    launch complete.

[Dozens of 'Saving Game' lines]

Frame# : 142339
    Saving options...  OK!
    Exiting network manager...  OK!
    Deleting resources...  OK!
    Exiting physics manager...  OK!

num rt_material : <c: r  11 > / <c: y 122 >

Render Target Format Usages:
    A8R8G8B8 :  37 ( 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 <c: r + 2 >  )
    X8R8G8B8 :  1 ( 0  )
    A8 :  82 ( 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  )
    D16 :  1 ( 1  )
    R16F :  1 ( 1  )

Dumping resource usage information:
    #Full textures:  0
    #RT textures:  124
    #RT materials:  122
    #RT Memory usage:  58112
    Exiting graphics manager...  Non-Zero Reference Count!  OK!

Current Config {
    [Config settings]
    }

Closing log file... 

It's not a big deal if there's nothing to be done, I was just hoping I could consistently play ~450 man battles. The really annoying thing is that sometimes it'll work perfectly and sometimes it just won't.
  10. Annoying stuttering in large battles, with no obvious cause.

(With the latest version of Warband, through Steam.) I've edited the config file to allow larger battle sizes, but battles over ~300 soldiers large seem to have about a 50% chance of giving me a strange stuttering effect. What happens is that every four or five seconds, the game will just...
Back
Top Bottom