Recent content by tryingtokeepup

1. tryingtokeepup

Requesting Advice on Town/Fortress Besieging Variables

produno said:
    I never played mount and blade when this was enabled. Looks pretty cool. I wonder why they disabled it?

Interesting! Huh, well, here is a video of it in action. It is VERY cool, and while in a gameplay sense it just pads the game out (if you win at the walls, you are pretty much guaranteed victory no one matter what happens during the final defense, as the enemy is out of troops to defend), it is extremely immerse and makes the game feel that much more brutal and desperate. I never got to experience being the desperate defender, but I bet it is epic!

http://youtu.be/72hnosR8S0k?t=3m32s (very short one, and the defenders fell quickly, but i hope this gives you an idea what it looks like)

Somebody said:
    It gets disabled if your battle debrief thinks the battle is over before continuing to the "next" menu

Ahh, that is very interesting. Mind if I ask where I could find this battle debrief section, or is that very difficult? More elaboration would be appreciated!  :grin:

Thank you for the fast reply!
  2. tryingtokeepup

Requesting Advice on Town/Fortress Besieging Variables

Hello everyone! Hope this is not a foolish question, but I need some help finding the variables that control 2nd/3rd stage siege battles in towns and castles. These are the battles where you are successful (as the attacker) in breaching the walls in the initial siege fight, but must clear out a...
  3. tryingtokeepup

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Windyplains said:
    The 2nd/3rd stages of a siege were disabled in Floris sometime before the 2.5 release.  Whether that was intentional or caused indirectly I can't say for certain.

Thank you for the prompt reply. So, that is a bit of a shame. Is there a bit of code that could be changed to bring it back? I bet that is a lot of work, so if that is something that must be relegated to the dustbin of time, so be it. Perhaps the wrong place to ask, but does Silverstag have that issue?
  4. tryingtokeepup

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Edit: Just found out that the marshal screen was a Mount and Blade thing, and was removed with Warband. Woopsies. Hahaha.  :oops: Well, the whole multiple battles in town/fortress siege thing still stands. If anyone can shed light on why that is, please do. Perhaps it has something to do with reinforcements? I have battlesizer up to 390 troops, so perhaps all the troops get expended before we can have a castle fight? Not sure, so please enlighten me! xD

Hey guys, quick question here, but do you guys not have the old "pick-a-marshal screen" of vanilla warband? If you do not remember what that looked like, here is a 2 min youtube video showcasing it.

http://youtu.be/wsV2zCUSISI

Second, oddly enough, 2nd/3rd stage town and castle combat is something that I have never experienced in the Floris compendium. For whatever reason, after winning the initial wall breach, I immediately am victorious for the whole battle. This speeds things up considerably, but it does lessen my enjoyment just a bit.

Here is a video of this 2nd/3rd stage battle. http://youtu.be/-_xmAxx5uoQ?t=4m21s

I know that these two things, if they were taken out, can be seen as convenience fixes, as they really were just time-padders, but I really liked the them for mood setting reasons. It felt great feeling like I had to compete with the AI for prestige and glory, and it allowed me to see quickly who was on my side. For the extra battles, it just made the towns that much more epic.

Anyway, take care!
  5. tryingtokeepup

A small request for Windyplains (very sorry if this is wrong to ask)

Awesome possum! Yeah, thank you very much. For the meantime, I am just going to avoid looting and pillaging (RP as a decent fellow for a change haha), but best of luck on that! If there is anyway I can be of assistance (doubt it, but offer all the same), just ring ring!
  6. tryingtokeepup

A small request for Windyplains (very sorry if this is wrong to ask)

Just wanted to say, first off all, I love Silverstag for the vanilla-plus feel of it. At first, it seems like just another mod that gives some polish to the base game, but the new recruitment system is a game-changer, and for such a humble-seeming mod, the technical changes that it implements...
  7. tryingtokeepup

Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

Everyone has brilliant insights on the mod and/or detailed information on bugs. All I got is two dinky observations, but I hope this can help.

At the moment, if you are trying to look for ransom brokers, you might have to spend upwards of 700 denars, and a lot of wasted time clicking through them, to find out where the nearest broker is. Perhaps that is closer to reality, and I do not mind the cost, but it would be nice if there was an option to see all the brokers at once, like in Native. Perhaps an option that is a little discounted, like a "see all the brokers for 500 denars" button? However, in the beginning, that might break the bank, but I digress. Perhaps this was overlooked when you implemented the new unique naming feature, but it is not really that much of a problem, especially if you have a party member taking care of the prisoner management for you.

On that note, the new morale system is much more intuitive, although I have one slight complaint; having a balanced army from different fractions is very difficult with the new penalties. If there were more troop types, this would be much less of an issue (i personally prefer the native, simpler troop trees over the default floris trees), but as it stands, you either have the option of taking troops from your "home" faction, which I think is the one you choose from the start, or have a more balanced army that is subject to mutiny. Again, this is manageable, but the biggest issue is with your companions, which can lose complete faith in your ability as a leader for something that really not completely in your control (at least, if you play the game like Native, but perhaps that"s the point?). If this is all by design, then cool, I can be a big boy about it, but if this is not the case, perhaps reduce the penalty of having a diversified army when you are not a lord? Being a lord and having issues with troops from different tribes  would make more sense than having your troops fight it out amidst one another in what basically is a mercenary force. But the documentation on the new system is much appreciated, and perhaps my issue is more of a personal one. Either way, we have the option to turn it off, but if you do that when your morale is low in the alternative system, you still take a massive penalty in the form of "recent events" reduction.

Other than that, having a damn blast. Thanks for your hard work!
  8. tryingtokeepup

Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

Hello! Thank you Windyplains for all your hard work.

There was one bug I encountered, but I am not sure if it is on my side. I have made a new game, and right now, at level 8, I have the ability to recruit up to 192 soldiers. According to my stats, this is due to me have a "title" worth 120 plus soldiers.

Other than that, everything is swell! Good luck with your mod work!
  9. tryingtokeepup

Floris 2.5 Beta // Last Beta Round

@wakeforce Hahah, yeah, I was the first to mention that (although probably not the first to notice). It struck me odd that if the player owns castles and towns, the treasury would still be situated in the villages. Even if you take the logical step to think of the treasury being depleted to repair the looted village, it would make little sense if the amount lost was not elastic; as in if you have 5k in the treasury, you lose 5k, but if you had 40k, you lose... 8k... or something to that effect. The problem, imo, lies in the fact that there's no way to continuously defend the village unless you plant your arse there 24/7, which becomes a pain and a bore fast, especially if the time is ripe to go on the offensive. Still, on paper, it's a really clever and smart way to emphasize the importance of your fiefs and balance the gameplay, but right now it just feels like another unnecessary burden for the player (the whole realism v.s. fun dilemma). In the end, I just gave up my village to my king, as i'm satisfied with my three towns and three castles.  :lol:

@Windyplains Ah edit for good worth! I actually did NOT know about enhanced features. I never scrolled down to see the other options.  :shock: So yeah, testing the fights with enhanced armor has made the fights ... so bloody easier. First place, which not an everyday occurance, happens a lot more often for me. Yes, a little more rebalancing could be done, but like I thought, you're two steps ahead of me. Thanks for the great work! On that note, perhaps alert the player that you can scroll down the options? I'm sure I'm not the only dummy who forgot to check for that ability.  :mrgreen:

@Caba'drin Yes! Thank you for the txt file. Going to fiddle with it and try it out.

Oh yeah, and haha, a little gregarious I am. It's more about taking advantage of the whole rushing 100 honor for me, actually. Most of those lords are pretty useless until I create my own kingdom. Anyway, appreciate the work!

Ah, update on my "bugs". The fights in the town that are not triggering could be simply because there's not enough defenders left in the town to fight me off. Other than disabling reinforcement waves and allowing the ability to exploit that feature, I don't know how to test if this might be the issue.

The morale bug (at least, to me it's a bug) could be correlated with that script you incorporated into the mod pack that makes it so better troops have less of a moral drop when in large parties. Not sure if that might be the case, but it's worth looking at (possibly!)

Finally, the Ergellion castle problem has already been noted a couple months ago in the mod repository for El arte De la guerra unofficial siege fix. At this time, there's no real way to fix it other than moving the respawn point for the archers to another location, which might have already been incorporated in this version of Floris (not sure). Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2694

Alright, see you guys soon!
  10. tryingtokeepup

Brilliant. Thanks for that. Actually, turns out I'm having compiling errors, so I'm just going to DL the PBOD native complied module, steal the actions.txt, and pop it into Floris.

Again, sorry for asking, but if anyone has the original action.txt from Floris 2.5 (I didn't not back it up), it would be greatly appreciated if you could upload it or under spolilers just paste the contents of it in a post. I know it's my fault for not backing it up, so forgive me.  :mrgreen: That way, I can try to fiddle with the animations from just the txt file, without needing the original source (which you guys are tirelessly modifying all the time :grin:)
  11. tryingtokeepup

• Hey guys, long time no see. I'm back with my third list of ol'goodies and buggies. I'm also going to upload a video with one of the more annoying glitches on the battlefield, which involves the new "F1-go-there-and-attack-so-and-so" feature (which is BRILLIANT 95% of the time, but is terribly odd the other 5% of the time) Basically, when using F1 in some situations, if you point F1 anywhere near the enemy, there will be a command to charge them. This is even if you are pointing to a location 30m away from any enemy, making it annoying at the best of times, and quite dangerous at other times. Again, i'll post a video later on to demonstrate this!

@Caulder Hey! Not sure if you will read this, but yeah, sorry for being away for a while man. Good to see you’re still on the board. I’ll pop by the old horses thread to revive it! :grin:
      @FRaGGaNOiA Very very cool, man. I have the same “name” issue as you. Got a screenie too. And for your manhunter problem, I have the opposite issue. Too many bandits, not enough manhunters. Odd, eh? Must be more stuff under the hood than I realize.

@wakeforce Interesting! The c3 page option, to my knowledge, was restricted to the infantry troop branch. I'll have to check that out. And no, there is no mystic merchant (that was a fun feature), but you can use debug mode (in camp options) to go through the weapon lists and buy that sword. Justify your purchase however you want (I pretend that it's a mysterious gift given to me by a unknown uncle, or something xD)

@Sucubus  Regarding the animations, yeah, I agree with you. I don't particularly like some of the new animations, especially the swings of the sword left and right. However, do remember that many of the native animations are pretty ... meh, and that the creator of the improved animations did an amazing job fixing up many of the other animations. With that said, a lot of us have our own personal modified actions.txt files. Here's a thread discussing how to fix said animations in maybe.. 2 minutes?
      http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=171522.0 

To put it simply, all you have to do to change the animations in game is to remove certain lines from the actions.txt. That's all!

Oh, regarding that, Floris mod team, I have a request regarding this:

Windyplains said:
      Shapic said:
      Fantomen really? I used mine during closed beta and it worked well.
      Shield bash & shield strike animations were added via the PBOD kit since that time which is probably the issue.

I made the mistake and just wholesale replaced my actions.txt with the one uploaded on that thread, and therefore I am missing my shield bash animation. Would one of you be so kind as to post in this thread the two lines I'm missing so that I can paste them into my txt file? That was real dumb of me.  :oops:

NOW TO THE BUGS AND PROBLEMS!

Major problems and or issues
      • When trying to hire Sigmund to stay at your place of residence, he will accept your proposal, and then ... nothing. You cannot get out of the conversation, no matter what you press. The dialog window will say "press left button to continue", but the game becomes unresponsive to the left click. The game is still "running", as I was able to demonstrate with these two screencaps. Inside of them, I was able to command Floris to equip his iron lance, put on his shield, take off his shield, and pull out his sword in the dialog screen by pressing the necessary F keys, but I could not exit out of the game, requiring a restart. (Edit: Ah, you guys already know about this.)
        0p0GF.jpg
        c24at.jpg
        VCTOZ.jpg
      • Enterprises: I know this had been mentioned before, but enterprises, because of ongoing war between each and every fraction (basically, as seen in this photo, world war 1, medieval edition), have become a ridiculous joke. Funny thing is, I can accept that, as trade tends to suffer between nations at war (snicker). However, the banks do not, and although that is not “unrealistic”, it makes the banks more and more an exploit rather than a very nifty addon. I love the banks to death, but at this rate, there is no point in enterprises, as banks work just as well, if not better in the BEST of times, and during war, enterprises become an actual liability. And yes, having an enterprise becoming sequestered during wartime can actually become a blessing, as almost all your enterprises hit red during that period. Again, not Floris Mod’s fault, but the bank only serves to highlight this economic problem.
        55Ak1.jpg
      • Oddly enough, there is never a fight in the streets or the keep of the town when capturing a town. And most of the towns only require ladders to capture them (WAD?). I think I might know the issue; Uxkhal is called a “castle” during the siege and capture dialog boxes, and we know that castles do not have those street and town keep battles. This is not a “major” glitch, but it does cut out a very fun and immersive moment of the game. The town street and keep fights, for me at least, hit me with the gravity that these towns are the true jewels of the game, and require a fight to the death to obtain them.
        0Do5H.jpg
      • Major issue for me, but I can’t lose relations with bandit groups, like deserters, looters, and regular “bandits”. This wouldn’t be an issue, but I have teamed up with “bandits” against enemy lords, with the whole “enemy-of-my-enemy” mantra behind such unlikely alliances. However, because of that, I can’t fight certain bandits, like deserters, any more, because I’m considered “friendly”. If I attack them, it goes through the same dialog boxes, but when I’m ready to fight, I only have the option of leaving or choosing a new commander, which doesn’t change anything in terms of relation or ability to engage the enemy. I would really like a way to get on their bad side again (I’ve joined about 20 different battles since then against deserters, such as a deserter-vs- manhunter battle, and it works fine, yet I never lose relations with the deserter “party”, so I can never engage them when I’m by myself)
        uZC4a.jpg
        v9nxC.jpg
        Txkbp.jpg
        As you can see, effective relation is 5, making me a neutral to them, without the ability to go back to negative.
      • Last “major” issue: There’s no way to rebel “honorably”. I’ve tried this before, but asking for the castle/ town as a reward from your king after you’ve taken it from the dialog box does not actually influence the game as vanilla warband does. I’m pretty sure this is not WAD. For example, after capturing a few cities as marshal and explicitly asking for those castles so that I could be rejected and rebel with my three towns and two other castles (yay for good relations!), the game chose to ignore my request and acted like I asked for no reward. The castles went to other lords (fare enough), but I was never given the 900 denar compensation or the chance to rebel for a perceived “wrong doing”. Again, I can get around this by just straight up telling my king to kiss my butt, but I lose relation and honor, and it breaks my story of my man being a standup kind of dude.

Moderate Problems and Possible Rebalancing Issues
      • Morale is still sky-high. Always. Almost always, anyway. I think the possible problem is that my army never has a large penalty for its size. As seen in this picture, my party-size penalty is only -25, even though my army is capped in size, and I have maybe… two or three different foods? Mostly just grain and bread, with a bag of fruit if my army is lucky. AND, this is after I abandoned 30 men to their death in one of those rare instances that I was actually overmatched by my enemies, meaning that I had a rare hard “0” for recent events (it’s usually 20-30, as I don’t lose often, as is the case for anyone who played this game for more than a month or so). So yeah, rebalance, possibly?
        nYGzp.jpg
      • Bandits are a little too numerous at this time. Yes, the bandits are a lot of fun, and it’s awesome to see my enemies and allies trapped by these armies of 400+ vagabonds thrashing battle-hardened warriors… but it kind of gets old, especially when defeating said 400 plus army and seeing them back within a week. I mean, how many Forest bandits are there? (sea raiders, tundra, you get the picture) Also, these are not your run-of-the-mill looters; these Forest bandits and Sea Raiders can go toe-to-toe with Tier-three troops and destroy them; you would think that while they might congregate, there wouldn’t be exactly thousands of them everywhere. Toning the amount of bandits down worldwide would help, at least for me, the immersion of the game in general. I can accept 200 bandits, but 500? Every week? My own fraction has trouble getting that many men in half a month, and we’re a legit sovereignty, for Pete’s sake! :grin:
      • Wealth of nations (giggle) and towns are very erratic, in that during the 300 plus days in my game, towns across the world (checking through debug menu) have gone from extremely rich (avg. wealth 90) to mediocre (avg.60), to poor (avg.40), and back up to pretty wealthy (avg.80). I could chalk it up to wars and peacetime, but there seems to be little connection between conflict and poverty, or peace and prosperity. It’s… very random in the dips, and I feel it mostly in tariffs and rents going up and down. Overall, not really game-breaking… just very odd, as I can’t rationally predict when my money sources are going to get hit (“Hey look, the world is at peace and my towns are not under siege! Let’s see my rents… and wow, I lost 4k denars compared to last week… bummer.”)
      • In the tournaments, throwing spears seem a little OP, especially with level scaling on. Now, I understand the purpose of this, and why my sword hits do 30 damage but my enemies do 80; it’s to balance out the natural intelligence of the human v.s. the stupid AI. But by buffing the damage of the enemy this way, the AI wins feel a bit cheap, especially when I see my companions and ally lords fight and get taken out during the first 30 seconds of the fight because they too are only hitting 30 or so damage. (For point of reference, I’m level 32, 24 pts in strength, 8 pts in both sword and bow strength (sorry if not right term!), 300 plus in both 1 handed and bow proficiency, and I still can’t take on a commoner in a fair fight. I resort to auto block in tourneys because I just can’t match the sheer strength of the competition. I agree that the player needs a challenge, but to the point where the enemy can one-shot me across the map with a spear, or one hit me on a slash while they are stepping back? They don’t seem to have the same speed penalties as I do, and overall the fights feel a bit cheap. In all honesty, the strength of the AI competitors are, on a whole, stronger than Tier-6 (highest in rebalanced) troops, which I would use as an overall benchmark for the strength of  AI rivals. You could explain away the strength of the tourney competition to the fact that they might be “professional tournament players”, but feats of inhuman strength just make other previous “supermen”, like the different lords, look like girl-scouts.  It’s a bit of a shame, because the tourneys are incredibly fun and immersive when they work, and inching yourself up from bottom of the brackets to third place is a great feeling, and makes your occasional first place wins just that much more satisfying. All in all, it’s the one thing that I need to have a gripe about in the new system, because the new tourneys are so much fun. (Oh, sorry, my setup is four teams of four, renown scaling on and level scaling on, with onehander and bow)
      • This is really, really, just opinion, but I do see where people are going with Swadia getting knocked out early in-game. I know this is a native problem, and probably not something within your guy’s purview for 2.5/2.6, but the Swadian king, Harlaus is very, very warmongerish.  In the total wars that my game has devolved into, I have played 200 days without a single day in which we were in peace, and most of those days were spent fighting 2 fractions at once… if we were LUCKY. Swadia’s troops, in many ways, are stronger than that of all the other fractions, as they have a more “quality over quantity” motto, but that means little when a fraction is teamed up against by everyone else. I’m the only reason why our fraction has not completely disappeared (which they do in most of my games), meaning I own pretty much everything Swadia owns now. On that point, is there a way to make King Harlaus more of a peacenik? He seems to declare war on a whim, even when the realm is just recovering from recent destruction and devastation, and frequently when we are already at war with one or more fractions. I rarely see other fractions do the same, making me think that the Swadians have a two-front issue: their “near the middle” location, making them easy targets, and their very war-fond king, who won’t take peace, even when it is necessary for survival.
        55Ak1.jpg
      • Lastly, I can’t scroll down through the Estates of the realm, especially during later on in the game, where I’m friends with a large list of lords. At this point, I can only see King Harlaus and one other lord in my list of estates for Swadia.
        q6K28.jpg
        q7HYU.jpg
        ngMVU.jpg
      Minor Problems and Little Annoyances:
      • Constable shows up naked a lot. To fix it, fill up the armory with junk, and (for me), throw away the armors to prevent immersion breaking. Not the prettiest fix, but eh, easy enough for me.
      • ”Bad” and “good” goods have no real application in the game, other than their inherent trade value. Rusty tools have the same applicable use as exquisite tools when moving residence, etc. This is a really small nitpick, but for a rebalancing idea, perhaps give different lengths of time of accomplishing tasks depending on the quality of said good? For example, fine grain counts the same or better than large bag of grain when doing the “Deliver Grain” quests, or something to that effect.
      • General Sword, imo, should be renamed General’s sword, and so on. Small little grammatical things.  (unless that was intentional?)
      • Some castles in the game are beyond magnificent, while others… not so much. (Maras castle compared to Dramug Castle comes to mind) Is there a list of castles and which were changed, modified, ect? And was it done with economics in mind, such as the more “wealthy” provinces have cooler castles, or was it done based primarily upon aesthetic s? (I know that most of the changes come from that better sieges mudpack, brilliant work btw, but did you guys make any changes of your own to help it fit the world at large?)
      • Taiga bandits still glow in the dark. Hahah, ah, poor bandits; the gods just doesn’t seem to like you, do they?
        JcLeX.jpg
      • Iron heater shield has a speed of zero, but yeah, heard you fixed that. Right on, brothers!
      • Farmers seem to have pretty expensive weaponry, but really, that was not really immersion breaking. It also makes them better allies in fights and less of a group of pushovers, so yeah, not such a problem. Seeing them flash Sarranid swords in Rhodok lands was a bit of a surprise, though.  (Note: this pic is from a Sarranid village, but yeah, same sword is found in Rhodok lands.)
        6KMXh.jpg
      • Spiked highlander shield still has a size of 119, along with the steel bucklers and other tiny shields, making those troops who use them like Matrix fighters, blocking flying arrows to their head and feet with the ability of a sports star. Pretty sure that’s not WAD. :grin: (Rebalanced Troops)
        jHZC9.jpg
      • Floris says “Ow, hello there”. Perhaps “Oh, hello there.”?

XtHjR.jpg

Also, when traveling with him near Khudan, he has a really cute expository of his heroics there. It was a very nice touch, but I had a suggestion on the wording of the dialog. Here it is; take it or leave it, although I would be flattered if you incorporated it.

ZcEw5.jpg

“Before I chanced upon you, I traveled through Caldaria, struggling to make my way through the myriad of different customs and people that make up the country proper. Most of the townfolk and villagers I met dismissed me as a lunatic; just another crazy rambler of foreign places and tongues that could not exist. However, in Khudan, the people never spoke ill of me; certainly not after I had driven off the tundra bandits that preyed upon the poor villagers and their meager fields. By the Gods, it is hard to enough to imagine living in this destitute, harsh land in the best of conditions; I shudder to think of what life was for these people under the continuous fear of raiders that stole what little food and furs they had to live off of.”

Again, I’m a complete amateur, but I love doing dialog, so if you ever need a nub writer, I can definitely help you there. Not sure if it’s an improvement (I’m not that arrogant :grin:), but I think it flows a bit better, considering Floris is a very high-minded lord, with the rare ability to think clearly and with empathy for those of lower-station than himself… like a nicer, smarter Alayen – makes sense that the two wouldn’t get along)
      • High-level khergit armor has a few graphical glitches. Here’s an example of the heavy elite armor.
        vwaB5.jpg
        8K5FS.jpg
      • Red Hauberk is still “washed” out.
        7W96c.jpg
        KTN5y.jpg
      • Am I supposed to be called, the “player fraction”? I thought I was part of my realm when I have a liege. WAD?
        d9m1h.jpg
      • Like the bandit problem, I start off with a flat -10 relation with all “bandit” parties. Just a few good acts can erase the animosity, but because I can’t lose relation, eventually that would mean that they would not attack me, and I cannot attack them. I mention this in an above point, but here’s a few more pictures of this problem with the Sea Raiders.
        Y0lgH.jpg
      • Lords and wives addressing men of the realm as she’s. Diplomacy native errors that I hope do not take too much effort to fix (you guys have a lot on your plates, I imagine!)
        TB2tb.jpg
      • Feast are always “beginning to end”, even if you just started one yourself, or the feast began hours ago. I don’t remember this being an issue in native, although with the 1.143 patch, all bets are off.
        CbYxC.jpg
      • When marrying and not owning a castle or town, the father of the bride will still say that you have a “hall”. It doesn’t really matter, but it is a bit odd that he says that the bride will join you “in your hall at [blank], when the world “your” should be “the”, or something like that. Probably native, but hopefully easy to fix.
        uXcEL.jpg
      • Rare script error that triggers when you defeat lords when they are raiding your villages. On that note, you never receive said items when you defeat a raiding lord, even though it says that “# of items is left in the item pool”. It’s just a blank inventory screen. WAD, or bug?
        R6wIM.jpg
      • Trade ledger as of now is broken. Trying to open said ledger up in the camp menu results in.. nothing. There’s a flash on the screen, like some window is trying to open up, but there is no effect in the end. Bug?
      • Heraldic armor works for everyone but your companions. It works on Merc Swordmen and Horsemen (and their level ups) and on your own body , but they default to that cross pattern when put on your companions. I have surmised that the error is somehow connected to the fact that your party members, on the battlefield, have a different emblem above their head during said battles. It’s the same emblem manhunters and caravan members have when joining your side in a battle, which leads me to conclude that your companions are being given the wrong “flag” in the game, putting them in the same “party” as neutral / friendly ai parties that are not lords or do not have banners.
        w4zC1.jpg
        QtSd6.jpg
        0Xuvy.jpg

This is Alayen, Bunduk (in the background) amidst my cavalry (with the eagle banner icon), having the neutral/default icon above their heads.
        Ez5dY.jpg
      • Ergellon Castle has an interesting glitch, where the watchtower has invisible glass protection from arrows, or at least some sort of forcefield. Very interesting. Here’s some pics. On a side-note, it’s a beautiful castle, although much smaller than the other revised castle scenes throughout the rest of the map. This makes me wonder why some castles are so much more ornate and bigger than other castles; is this intentional, or just creator preference?
        89MP0.jpg
        LoI6F.jpg
      • When giving a surgeon to an enemy lord, he says “made the operation” if successful. Minor nitpick, but shouldn’t it be “performed the operation”?
        IoT3P.jpg
      • One of the Swadian princesses has a weird clipped neck that juts out of her body. A shame too, because she really is quite lovely. (Mistress Valka)
        vouYR.jpg
      • Common error, but every time you are assigned to help a farmer, your character will say “mistress” of the village, and not master. Diplo gender bug?
        PDoaL.jpg
      • Like the poster before, I also have the “name” bug, and the “naked” commoner bug. I’m a bit late making this post, so I’ve seen this before multiple times, but it’s good to know that others are seeing little oddities too (I’m not crazy afterall!)
        1QiVG.jpg
      • Village looting script error (I think it has to do with the fact that the game thinks it is trying to loot a castle or town, but it’s just a village. Diplo related, methinks?)
        WPlBl.jpg
        KhkWQ.jpg
        zxLSx.jpg
        That's it in it's majestic length. I don't think I missed out on a line, so I hope this helps.
      • Two other lord related gender bugs, with one just plain odd. I think it’s already on the bug tracker, but here it is, with a screen shot.
        6qQ8h.jpg

I think this is the intrigue quest bug, but with a gender error thrown in the mix. Joy of joys!
        HCIxh.jpg
      • Odd siege error, where the captain of the besieged is the lord in question, with subsequent script errors.
        uG859.jpg
      • When trying to dedicate another victory to your wife, she will be called a “unrecognized token”. Still, it works flawlessly, so I guess just a minor bug.
        beB2k.jpg
      • When visiting a lord in prison, there are two options to set him free, with one being redundant.
        Eymbw.jpg
      • Are friendly lords supposed to call you, “my champion”? I thought that was reserved for women. WAD, or another gender bug? (Completely forget if this was native or not)
        0nEcZ.jpg

AND THAT's IT! Thanks for being patient with me; haven't had the chance to get on the forums for a while. I'll be here to edit, clean up, and make more lists later on, but to everyone, a happy new year to you all!

NEW SUPER EDIT AT 9:32 PM TALEWORLDS TIME: I'm finding out quite a few people have the problem where village, castle, and town sieges don't give any items or prisoners, regardless of what the dialog box might say. That would be a "moderate" issue to me; WAD, or is that a bug? Be nice to have the option to take the items if we don't get the prisoners...
  12. tryingtokeepup

Mirrors

Mediafire and filefactory, along with megaupload are my personal favorites. Deposit files is also one I regularly try to use and I have a account registered on that site as well (not nearly as well known, but it has never failed on me -> Still, it never garnered popularity other than niche status).
  13. tryingtokeepup

@ Windyplains Thanks for looking into that. Yeah, it's a bummer, but your guy's job is hard enough without having to deal with TW's messes (note: I have tremendous respect for the small development team of TW, but even so, they seem to not know when to leave well enough alone; although, perhaps I might be the same if Warband was my baby)

On the particle_system thing, am I removing any affects by patching my dirt lag problem? No big deal if it does, but it would be nice to try to incorporate a fix in the default files if so. However, you guys have lives, so I was wondering if you guys have uploaded a stable source yet. Again, you guys have a lot of better things than spending a large amount of time uploading those source files; however, if you ever get around to doing so, please make an announcement. It would make one script-kiddie happy!  :mrgreen:

Edit: On the economy side, this is what I've been reading up on. Complete noob at such things, but I really like the Blood and Steel's creator's take on economy, and the idea of removing said artifical economy and replacing it with one dealing with population size and whatnot. Anyway, very complicated stuff that flies over my head more often than not, but maybe something of worth to you guys.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154253.msg4116851.html#msg4116851

Edit2: I'm not sure if I ever got an answer to this question, and at the risk of being annoying, I will ask once more: Is morale supposed to always be skyhigh? I remember my men routing, enemies routing, worrying about my men and their happiness, and what not. Jugging foods, making sure to find ways to keep them happy, and dreading the eventual deserters when hitting a particular bad string of defeats. Now, I'm basically Jesus in plate metal ; nothing I do can make them waver in their loyalty. Only thing is, the same is true for the ai (at least to me); they don't seem to rout until the last man is left. This makes sense for lord's men, but looters, bandits and deserters? Boy, sure is honor among thieves.  :cool:
  14. tryingtokeepup

Horses in Inventory (Answered)/ Banditry Discussion

@Caulder it is NO problem at all. Honestly, I'm probably going to fail from the getgo, but I got one advantage: idiotic persistence, time that is worth literally nothing (unemployed), and a desire to really really give back to a community that deserves it fully.

Again, love your idea Caulder, and I agree with the bandits ignoring you if you take a letter. I REALLY like that bandit hunter idea. In all honesty, I was thinking more of a new bandit party, designed especially for a bandit hero party, that might consist of 12 men dressed in full plate, who don't take no for an answer (would appear when people get so annoyed/terrified of you that a "dead or alive" sentiment will arise across the crowns of Caldaria). Sort of like those robber knights in M&B, except immediately hostile and honing in on you personally. With 12 mounted troops, they could blitz through the map at 8.0 - 9.0 speeds, and only the most fleetest of parties would have a chance to escape (you're probably going to have to dig in and face the wrath). Inside towns, lower level bandits/townpeople/professional bounty hunters could also go after you, but I'm assuming most bandit parties will not be spending a lot of time in towns, and therefore such a threat, while novel when you encounter it, would be probably easy to sidestep if you really want to. However, if you really try to add in those new scenes if you sneak into a town, or some sort of out of town bazaar or black market, you could theoretically put such enemies in. That would be very very interesting, yet probably tons of work.

The hiring of dishonorable lords (great idea) would be like the final feather in your cap. That would be when you finally become powerful enough that the lure of your money is enough to drive some lords into serving a man who by all intents and purposes is a criminal interloper. However, such lords would have to be either fief-less, or truly despicable. This should not be a route to easy empire creation (I know you don't mean that, but if one make any empire from a criminal enterprise, he's going to have to hire/accept service from other bandit lords until he becomes "legitimized" by the capture of a town/castle, etc.) That would also have to be tweaked, as a criminal lord owning castles, or empire of towns/castle owned by a man who is a bandit at heart, should have economic consequences for said empire (less trade, not as prosperous, but perhaps more secure? or maybe because of said bandit skills and influence with bandits, one could quell any other rival bandits in the empire's territory, making it more prosperous, contrary to reason?) Anyway, yeah, good stuff. Oh, and I'm not sure about mobile forts. I think it is a permanent structure that is designed to be very expensive and one of a kind (I guess if you modified the scripts, other bandit lords could have their own hideouts, although that would get complicated quick and might not serve any real value)

2nd to last thing.

While typing this reply I came up with a new idea, you know how sometimes you go into a village and there's already a group of 20-30ish Bandits waiting in the town, and you have to clear them out before doing anything? As a bandit character you could "set up" inside a village by investing into a gang of bandits (1-10k Not really thought out yet lol), and during the weekly budget screen you recieve a bit of the taxes the lord would have received. Since you couldn't open up enterprises except in towns which are under your letter of marque is active, this allows for a way to bring some sort of revenue.
    BRILLIANT! Honestly, if I implemented just three or so ideas from our list and included this one into a mod, I would die happy. That would be enough to make the whole thing pretty worthwhile. After all, the lure of hanging up the ol' pillaging equipment grows as you advance in the game, and this would be one way to make such a career path viable. Only thing is that it would have to be either just one such party at a time, or some random percentage of failure of those groups as time goes on that scales up with the number of such gangs sent out. Naturally, this would also be a "top-tier" ability, available to only the most connected of bandits.

Finally, troop trees for bandits would be modified. This is very doable (pretty much anyone can change troop trees around), and changing their looks would be a matter of assigning them clothing from the myriad of items already implemented in the Floris mod. There's also some nice OSP armors lying around, that, with permission, could also be implemented to give those new bandits a new look. (I wonder if there's a way to restrict a branch of a troop tree to some variable other than experience, so that if you take a normal career as an upright noble, you don't get to see the new bandits)

Anyway, more fanboy dreaming, although, technically, a lot of this can be done. Tons of tons of work, but possible with the right amount of time. One thing I learned about mods is that ideas, while awesome, are a dime a dozen. If you want something done, you kind of have to do it yourself. With that, I'm off to read up on scripting tutorials.
  15. tryingtokeepup

Still some issues with lords calling each other her's and so on, but so far, it's been bug free, except for swords being out yet sheathed at the same time.

TDNEh.jpg

Also, the worth of the properties for the different towns seem to be all the same, regardless of how many properties are owned by each said town. WAD? Or a bug?

TE6Ud.jpg

The economy is ... pretty bad. I mean, perhaps some guys go straight for the killing, and I applaud them that. But I'm going the trade route this time, to test out some other players complaints about trade goods. The new economy (EDIT: ECONOMY CHANGES FROM TALEWORLDS 1.143! FLORIS TEAM DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG) is just, wow, there's nearly no money to be made. I have one companion with level 3 trade, which is about right for a group of new fighters. However, going through almost all the cities of Caldaria, trading one good for another to scale up to the best goods (ex. fish from Jekhala for dates from Sarranid cities to Halmar and Khergits for spice, etc.), and I barely made double of what I was starting off with. Mind you, this was with extremely anal good checking and whatnot, coupled with a natural understanding of how goods are sold in towns, and visiting villages for the most menial of price decreases (rarely worth it, but it was for the purpose of testing)

Conclusion? A more casual, normal player would have almost no way of making profit from trading, and those who are used to 1.134 trade system would be deeply frustrated. I know that you in the Floris team have really no control of how TaleWorlds modifies the economy, but if there is any chance of you guys modifying the trade good prices back one version, I (and certainly many others) would deeply, deeply thank you. You had nothing to do with the cluster****, but you guys are big bad heroes, so my hopes rest on your guys.

Last note. The dirt kicked from the horses has always caused me trouble, and I always have an extra particle_system.txt ready to patch my game. I'm wondering if anyone else does this every new floris. If so, could we replace the current particle_system.txt with the fixed one? I have not noticed any change other than the dirt problem being resolved when patching (could be wrong and might be missing some glorious... particle system thingy), and would save a few of us the extra step of patching the txt file every installation/bug fix.
Back
Top Bottom