Recent content by Traciatim

1. How to recive game updates

This is just because the different modules of the game have different versions. I grabbed this list from the Steam posted patch notes:

"Versions
    Native: e1.0.0
    SandboxCore: e1.0.5
    Sandbox: e1.0.5
    Storymode: e1.0.5
    CustomBattle: e1.0.5 "

If you look at the Mods view on the launcher it will show you the different module versions.
  2. Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

- More options for the AI to choose from for class types so every battle isn't an AI zerg fest
    - AI that can go up stairs and not clump up
    - AI that can siege a castle
    - AI that can defend a castle
    - AI that doesn't suck
    - AI that can figure out if it's path is broken and go somewhere else instead of standing there running back and forth
    - Spawn points for mounted vs non-mounted so horse riders don't spawn in archer towers
    - More economy! MOAR!
    - A 'lego block' style castle designer with lots of castle pieces
    - city designer too - IE, you build an upgrade, it's placed and is in the battles of that city etc.
    - dynamic cities and castles at the start of the game
    - Random map generator for more replay value
    - scrap any fire and sword references from the history of M&B, including website, forums, and all of our memories.
    - Vastly increase unit cap

3. Is Fire & Sword worth buying?

I think the short and sweet answer is No. Just play Warband.

If you ever played the original or warband and though "I know what this needs... a random insta-gib generator in every battle!" then Fire and Sword is your game. The game have very little improvement in most of the areas that the others were lacking. I started a new game last night, and the third time I went in to a town was ambushed and one shot by a guy I could barely see on my screen, who proceeded to steal a pile of my money. I just quit playing, and will go back to Warband if I want to have fun playing through single player.

I purchased Fire and sword through steam for 5 bucks during their summer event. I feel like I grossly overpaid.
  4. Bots better than crash test dummies?

I generally do play it all cranked up for it to be any challenge at all. The bots are just plain stupid.

Is there any optimization of the network code? My son and I have tried to play 100 v 100 bot battles over our lan and we always end up with the client machine unable to attack properly, the times get out of sync, you get units floating in mid air and stuff. I wonder how that will work with 8 v 8 on the new squad battle mode. 16 players with 8 (or 24 as the bullet suggests on steam) units each is a lot of network traffic to push through.
  5. Bots better than crash test dummies?

Ack, that's terrible news. So this is essentially just a unit update, some new weapons, and a different campaign with some economy stuff added?
  6. Will Fire and Sword be available for Stardock's Impulse?

I would also like to know this, but didn't Stardock sell Impule to Gamespot?
  7. Bots better than crash test dummies?

Have the bots from M&B and M&B:WB been updated in this one so that they can actually figure things out like "I'm running in to a wall, I should go somewhere else" or "I'm a horse so maybe I won't bunch up at the bottom of the stairs" and "If it's a mounted soldier maybe they shouldn't spawn up...
  8. Should FF be on or half or off...etc?

I like FF 25% to friend and 50% to self. Just enough to deter most idiots, and enough to make people not randomly swing like fools, but not enough to over peanalize accidents.
  9. "use instancing" Wahatta hell is tha?

Here is an paragraph from an NVidia PDF on how to measure instancing performance:

NVidia said:
    Instancing is an important tool for direct developers to help squeeze extra performance out of their complex 3D scene. It makes use of special hardware and
    low level driver code to reduce the overhead in drawing multiple copies of the same vertex buffer.
    In DirectX 10, the concept of instancing is built into the standard draw call.

Emphasis Added.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=graphic+option+%22use+instancing%22
  10. could MB be made for 64-bit CPUs?

Well, he can argue that one all he wants . . . that is not what the difference is between 32 and 64 bit.

11. could MB be made for 64-bit CPUs?

Archonsod said:
    64 bit lets you crunch bigger numbers. 32 bit means the processor can work with a maximum of 32 digits, 64 bit means you can work with 64.

I hope that was a joke.
  12. Remove the vote-ban!

I think the polls just need two things:

1) The name of the person that initiated it needs to be displayed
    2) a one-liner reason can be included to explain

So the box pops up and says:
    Traciatim requested a vote to kick/Ban PlayerXYZ123
    Reason: Repeated Opening Gate

I think the main problem is that voting is anonymous.
  13. great hope for 1.105.

Anyone see any patch notes or have any idea what has changed?
  14. Combat Speed

The game is much more spammy and a lag-fest of inaccuracy on fastest, so I don't understand why any server would not be on normal.
  15. Some questions about LAN battles

As far as I know the computers just need to have a LAN connection to each other to play.

If you want multiple players you need multiple licenses.
Back
Top Bottom