Recent content by Torrential

1. Torrential

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Great. One of the few things people add into their mods is endgame content. Not content that ends the game, but stuff to do when you are maxxed with kitted out companions beating the regular AI into submission. Hopefully with great rewards and a tough challenge when we are ready for it.
  2. Torrential

Currently working on...

Wow my favorite mod gets an update and I wasn't aware!

You are both awesome, him for allowing you to continue this.
    And you for putting all the time in!

The only thing I wanted extra after playing this is more of it lol. More end game parties that stay neutral (so they don't die off) and the player can hunt them down for boss fights! But that is just a small thing in an incredible mod, thanks for the amazing work you've done.
  3. Torrential

concept of ambush and bandit faction

Duncan of the far west said:
    If there was this concept of ambush in the game - I would love it, for example : an enemy lord is passing through a point where you can ambush him, so you wait with your men and ambush him. What follows is a bloody battle.

btw, wouldn't it be cool if you could be a trader and have a caravan or become bandit and raid ****.

and a real open world would be an awesome ambush concept.
    you walk around, lord is leaving suno, you charge and destroy him.

Bandits were a sometimes done one in mods of the previous game, as a minor they work quite well when they occasionally rise up in larger groups. Whether they become a faction or not, it was more the challenge of facing large bands of them which was fun.
  4. Torrential

Please retain 'sexism' in M&B 2 Bannerlord.

SenpaiHinds said:
    crodio said:
    Dunno, Calradia is a fantasy setting, I guess the devs are free to depict sexism, but I wouldn't say it's a must. I'd rather have it be a cultural trait for each faction (some factions extremely sexist, some egalitarian, some matriarchal?)
    I think it is silly to speak about "truth and facts" when we talk about a game like this.

Plus the sexism in warband amounts only to a few minor stat differences and a tiny renown increase for becoming a vassal.

Which is exactly why it worked well. It wasn't in your face over and over, but instead a bias, and sometimes a reason to fight a lord.

Its like being a non noble, I always played a non noble and often a female to give myself the hardest starts, usually a mod too :wink:.
  5. Torrential

Any way to increase the number of companions.

zajuts149 said:
    Easy. Just recruit all the companions you can get, then join a lord's army in a city, and you're free to recruit more. Once you leave service, your old companions(and possibly other soldiers) will rejoin your party. Voila! Another thing I've seen, is that if you recruit the top-most trainer companion, you can sometimes recruit the bottom one too.

Thank you for this! Works like a charm.
  6. Torrential

Any way to increase the number of companions.

Hey all, I understand you can get about 5 companions without a fief. As I mostly play without a fief it limits me a lot, and I was wondering if there is a way to tweak the number of companions that a mercenary can have? Even if there is a gamey tactic for this, I am all ears.
  7. Torrential

a posibly crazzy idea for yall to chew on

I prefer the native factions in. It's one of the only mods that expands on native rather than utterly replaces it.

Though I wouldn't be against some monster race rising up with a claimant that the player can champion :wink: if we wanted to keep the number of factions static. Naga in the desert for example, lizardmen in the forests, skaven just generally being a nuisance around the center of the map, that sort of thing. You could combine lizardmen and naga too I guess that would work :smile:. Hoards of cheap skaven sound fun too, just you and your companions trying to hold out.

What I hope for most of all is some late game challenges, a few more really, really tough unique spawns that nobody else targets, just the player for those last end game moments or battles.

But I see no problem for most computers technically just adding a race or two more at the edges of the map, its all down to the workload and time it takes.
  8. Torrential

START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

First off let me say its appalling how that other poster thinks he's entitled to anything. He's not paid money, he's not a customer, he should be humbly grateful for all the hard work you've put in till this point  for all our benefit, and if you take anything away from that nonesense, take away that there is a legion of us that have had so much fun with your work. Take your time, enjoy your modding, and its a pity there is no mute button for silliness like that.

I will ask what I came here to ask though, that aside.

Are you tweaking lich balance in this update. Its been a while I might have suggested it before, apologies if I did.

Pros
    - They are immune to charm and chaos spells
    - They don't need food (need to verify that)
    - They have a fear aura around them that will  make weak enemies run away immediately
    - They get a 3 bonus in Intelligence (mundane troubles of mortals don't bother then anymore and thus are more focused)
    - They look badass as evil warlords

Cons
    - They get a 3 penalty in Charisma and a 2 penalty in Agility (they are walking corpses so they aren't pleasant to look at and they are stiffer than living beings)
    - Most factions will consider them abominations and will try to destroy them on sight
    - They can be turned/destroyed by high level clerics
    - White bolts will damage them.

This seems unbalanced at the moment toward being detrimental.

Apart from looking cool, it seems to expose you to much more damage and take more stats away, while giving you a minor bolster to what should be an already decent resist (with high int) and a fun aura.
    I am absolutely fine with the negatives, but it could use more positives. Maybe a special troop type they get to raise, 5 that accompany them by default on the battle start as a personal guard or some such. Wraithguard or Blackguard or some such tough personal guard, if you wanted some fancy lore:

Soulshards -  5 shattered parts of your soul, reanimated as wards that shield your undying body.
  9. Torrential

WOMAN

Should always leave a couple of unmarried daughters if possible, if marriage is going to have any effect on gameplay anyway. Maybe a quest to win someone's hand or some such.
  10. Torrential

The Awoken Immortals

Morrowind Mod Man said:
    Torrential said:
    The titan maul would probably knock them out, as that's 80 damage, up to maxed to 160 with power strike with the speed of your horse

No, you did it perfectly. The maul won't help much since they shrug off the blows and then counter. Eventually you'll slip up blocking them and go down.

In the next version, charm is apparently going to last only 30 seconds so you'll have to be quicker, but it should still be enough time.

I'm very proud of you for beating them.

Thanks :smile:, loved the fact this challenge was available at the end game, like a late game boss, I do think any mod would benefit from having that as like a last goodbye to the character. That's why I hope they introduce another couple of bosses, slowly increasing in challenge.

Regarding them hitting me, haste should still be able to get me past their swings even if I miss, unless they hit my horse of course. Next time I'll try the old fashioned lance way and try to lance all three (after softening them up with spells of course).

For my next playthrough I am doing a solo build, to see if I can pull it off. Not fighting the enemy lords in the field, just everything else, and maybe doing a siege or two to level up. Solo until I get these 4 then we shall be the 4 immortals :smile:, i'll be the healer.

Demons will probably still be able to kill them, and high level mages, other than that, should be fun! I haven't yet decided if golems will be allowed to apply to serve as our fodder, we will be conducting interviews presently. (That's a thought will golem blunt swings knock them out?)
  11. Torrential

New skills and powers

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
    I'm trying to play a battlemage type character but I kinda need the armor.

There are a few armors that don't negate (but don't add much) to magical ability, check here, under Enhanced Magic:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276440.0.html

There are also some with a middle ground, mail shirts, I agree we could use a few more armor types though just for varieties sake across the board. Mage gear and warrior/mage gear, but I wouldn't want the balance to change too much.

It stops you playing a full warrior AND full mage. If I put on archmage gear I am getting a bonus 31 to magic (not including the staff). If you want to be more of a mage but still with some warrior abilities, I recommend the healing ring and vampiric sword, far from the best sword in the game it is still good, and will heal you every hit, and it'll put you in the thick with your troops. If you add some faith (even if you don't plan to be a full cleric) just for the emergency heals or cursing the enemy, you won't go down much with archmage gear on. The healers ring helps too, and a unicorn regeneration helps even more, that way armor is less of a concern (all this takes many levels to achieve however). You could instead go for the really high armored horse and an additional 12 armor on gauntlets but I do prefer the extra healing when trying to be a true mage/warrior hybrid.

Your other option is to use even more armored gear, twilight armor, with less magic bonus gear. Which makes you more melee or cleric, less mage, but still with mage options. So you can tweak your build to suit, that's one of the things I LOVE about this mod :smile:

I am not sure on the staff bonus, I always assumed as long as it's in your equipped slots, like the gear then you get the bonus, as every spell takes it out of your hand almost.

If I could ask for anything else, and I know I offer a lot of suggestions but that's merely excitement at loving this mod :smile: It'd be some weapon that drains or recharges mana while equipped, maybe something I could use instead of a shield (very low coverage 1 but very high durability so it doesn't break mid game easily), forcing me to choose a shield or the extra mana.
  12. Torrential

What do I need to tweak in a troop file to make it evil and not hate undead?

CHIMouttathisplane said:
    It's a script. Which means that without guspav's source code, you can't get it done.

Oh I am confused how the poster made vampires then??? :smile:, perhaps it was pre the script being introduced. My mistake, carry on ladies and gents.
  13. Torrential

The Awoken Immortals

therex55213 said:
    Is it possible for these things to spawn more than once, or is it a one-time deal, take it or leave it?
    Looking at their stats they seem like something my personal team could manage, as I make sure to invest early and go straight for healing rings and titan mauls for my companions, do they have any abnormal qualities about them that aren't obvious from their stats? And, most importantly, are they aligned like demons? I probably won't go after them if they cause moral troubles in my army.

They are neutral to all (I think, i've never seen them fight anyone) so even if they only spawn once, you won't need to fight it till you randomly come across the group eventually.

As someone posted, they have a lot of armor, so couching damage boosts and magic are the ways I brought them down, I am not sure if any bow would pierce it for example, whats the max you can get 120 with the multi pulley bow + 10 power draw + the best arrows? Or does that work out at 110, I am not sure if the arrows double up with the power draw bonus.

The titan maul would probably knock them out, as that's 80 damage, up to maxed to 160 with power strike with the speed of your horse or a hasted foot charge (which i've not tried with two handers, might be funny) . Might be enough to breach 200 armor? I don't know the math of the game that well so I am probably making it too simple.
  14. Torrential

What do I need to tweak in a troop file to make it evil and not hate undead?

What do I need to tweak in a troop file to make it evil and not hate undead? I am looking at the immortal troop file and wanting to tweak it to not care about undead units, I know someone made vampires and I was wondering how he/she made a troop that was considered evil. What is the different...
  15. Torrential

Cleric Characters: What can they do?

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
    When does Cleric get haste?

Apologies I wasn't clear on that, I am unclear how much magic power you'd need to make it effective however if you were just going for the combo. Even without haste it's a decent combo, but haste makes the bonuses count for even more, as you get more swings in before they run out, in short elite units become super, super elite :smile: Plus it runs on its own mana pool separate to faith, so you don't need much power or points spent there.
Back
Top Bottom