Recent content by Tonitrus

1. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Though it does feel like the AI is very disinclined to either start two-front wars, or get involved in ongoing wars...except  seemingly when the reason for going to war is to curb the power of a faction starting to get too powerful.
  2. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

UndeadDuke said:
    Tonitrus said:
    Is the Fierdsvain feature of mixed-gender troops hard-coded in the mod files, or could it be tweaked with Morghs/via the text files?  My interest is in the possibility of making the Pendor troop line a mixed-gender one as well.

Thanks!
    It could be tweaked via text files. Not with Morghs though.
    Open mission_templates.txt, find this piece of code:

-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  13 2071 1 1224979098644774912 1718 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 1073741857 3 1224979098644774913 360287970189639823 360287970189639827 1073741857 3 1224979098644774913 360287970189639837 360287970189639840 31 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640015 540 3 1224979098644774913 404 0 2136 3 1224979098644774914 0 100 4 0 2147483680 2 1224979098644774914 64 1505 2 1224979098644774913 0 5 0 1505 2 1224979098644774913 1 3 0

- Increase blue number by 1
    - Put this between red numbers: 1073741857 3 1224979098644774913 360287970189639865 360287970189639884
    - there are 33 instances of this code piece in the file, so you need to do this 33 times.

Thanks!  It appears so far to work without a hitch (and with my game already in progress)
  3. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

That seems to be a quirk of the game engine.  When prompted to offer fiefs in that way, it throws in the attached sub-fiefs (castle-villages/town-villages).  This also happens when you take fiefs during the usurper quest, and the usurper asks who the fief should go to. 

In the case of running your own kingdom, if you want to avoid that...take the fief for yourself first, and then you should be able to dole them out individually.
  4. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

I wasn't sure if this question was appropriate for the QA thread, as it involves tweaks, but may good for a suggestion as well.

Is the Fierdsvain feature of mixed-gender troops hard-coded in the mod files, or could it be tweaked with Morghs/via the text files?  My interest is in the possibility of making the Pendor troop line a mixed-gender one as well.

Thanks!
  5. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

I've got an interesting issue myself...

Using Morghs (on WB 1.174) to tweak the Prophesy of Pendor mod, and after a recent patch that overwrote the troops.txt file, I expected to have to go into Morghs and re-do the tweaks I had made.  But in Morghs, they were showing as still being there.  But when I open the troops.txt file itself, the values/changes don't match, and don't reflect in-game.

I presumed that Morghs would read the .txt files each time it ran, so I tried what I thought would be the nuclear option...delete everything, re-download, and use fresh files (both Morghs and the mod).  But even with removing Morghs completely, it still shows the last changes I tweaked to the Troops file (and partytemplates.txt as well!).

Not sure how this is even possible..but it is frustrating as heck. 

Update:  After a lot of trial-and-error, the only thing I can think of causing it somehow (compared to previously) is a recent upgrade to using Windows 10.
  6. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

I was looking at making a couple personal tweaks (just through simple text file edits) and noticed some dialogue in quick_strings that indicates that one can marry a claimant after a successful revolt.  Does that actually work in the game, and if so, for which (or all?) claimant(s)? 

Or is just remnants that aren't really functionally implemented?
  7. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

My apologies if these/similar have been covered already, or are not mod-related issues:

- Had some lords stuck in the river near Laria, along with a couple deserter parties...was able to bounce out the lords, but the deserters remain stuck and unreachable.

- Somehow a duplicate companion was made in a castle/fief of mine.  I didn't notice when it first happened, so my best guess as to "how?" might be a result of using the troop transfer hotkeys.  He shows up in the castle hall, and when talked to, just says he is ready to go (and you get the message he rejoins the party...which he is already in).

- Did the lord quest to loan them a companion...that companion stayed in my party, and the quest was still completable after a week or so (no duplicate companions here though!).  No real harm here I suppose.  (if it matters this was done after completion of the claimant quest with the new monarch).

8. Discussion + Suggestions

Pimpio said:
    I wish that the new feature from Pendor where the looters from town quest would not be attacked by other parties or factions would be implemented in Perisno.

That should be an easy fix with Morgh’s by changing their faction.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

DeliciousPal said:
    Evvv said:
    Are you playing as a Pretty Female?

I was not.  I reinstalled the entire module, and saved the save folder to put it back in.  Oddly enough it was fine until I put the save back in the folder.  Then starting a new game either had many balds lords or the squished faces. Seemed to be 50/50 When I deleted that particular save all new games went back to normal.  I am thoroughly perplexed.

This bug/error most often happened to me if I started a new game after loading old games, or sometimes doing almost anything other than starting a new game immediately after starting up Pendor (or any mod, really).

Bottom line:  If you're starting a new game, always quit/restart the mod first. (never start a new game after loading/saving old games).
  10. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

King Edric said:
    I'm pretty sure that's just a bug as most of other lords from other kingdoms are pretty loyal and defections don't happen often

Maybe so...but even in 0.8, in a bad war, a kingdom could easily go in a downward spiral as their lords defect.  In one of my games, this happened with Elintor, who were losing to the Tolranians, and many of of their lords defected to Tolrania (which seems pretty anti-lore).
  11. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

I know many have already mentioned the problem with Venetor lords leaving quickly...as a suggestion, would it possible/hard to add an option to lock down lords leaving on their own accord (as PoPendor has)?  Is this something that could easily be tweaked in the script files, or is it a major change?
  12. Mercanary army got little too big

ttl said:
    I wonder if you lead a group of your lords so that either the king or the mercs engage one of them, can you then isolate and capture the king? And what would happen...

From what I recall seeing, if you manage to get the King's party, without the mercs joining in, and then defeat/capture the king, the merc party just ends up sitting in one spot (probably until the king escapes/returns).
  13. Perisno Version 0.81 - The Main Thread (HF0.811 - March 11, 2017, 10:37:18 AM)

Leonion said:
    Out of curiosity - do you guys play with rain and/or fog when it happens or reload the battle scene?

Rain is ok.  The fog is just an annoying player-nerf, as the AI ignores it.  And on larger battle scenes, it can just become an exercise in frustration as you try to find where the fighting is.
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hatchet said:
    If the King of a faction doesn't have a town, does that mean the next town taken will be awarded to him? Koningur Valdis has lost Javiksholm. I've just joined him, I don't have a town or a castle, but I could take Ishkoman, but I'm not willing to lose the troops if I won't be awarded it.

This will only maybe help as one isolated example...but I had a game playing as a mercenary supporting the Empire, they had lost Janos.  Marius then took the next couple castles that I helped liberate as his own.  When Janos was retaken after those two, he gave it to one of the other dispossessed lords.  So it seems the king will bias towards giving himself some land/revenue first.

But I was a merc, so of course I wasn't expecting any fiefs.
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Lucan said:
    Gorvex said:
    Long story short, you can even have 1 likes and 2 dislikes for companions and they won't try to leave if you have 10 persuasion, at least 67 party morale, you don't do actions that they don't like (that often) and you solve their conflicts right (among the 4 conflicts between two companions, make sure each companion gets 2 supports =like, and 2 support for his/her "enemy" =dislike).

So woud it be enough if i pick on all companion the same response, like "You have my support"? cause i dont want to have a spreadsheet next to me on which awnser i picked on whom.
    If my brain isnt screwing it up, in the end if every companion has 4 fights, he woud get 2 likes and 2 dislikes, cause you support the 2 *****ing abbout him, but support him twice while he *****es abbout others?

Hmm, that sounds right...but then choosing "Stop picking on "x"...for every response should work as well.

Edit:  And actually, Leonion summed it up in that linked thread later:

Leonion said:
    If you, for example, always use an option "X is a valuable member of this company", this will result in every companion getting +10 points to slot_troop_personalityclash_penalties every 24 hours. The same result can be achieved if you always choose "Tell X you have my support in this." So, basically, you always have to support someone, but make sure that each companion gets 2 "likes" and 2 "dislikes".
Back
Top Bottom