Recent content by thomas13

1. Endgame = mindless endless war

I am sorry. But I just dont buy into the whole "rushed through the door" argument that always pop up whenever there is something people dont like.

I honestly think they probably though the whole "factions staying alive" thing was an ingenious organic solution to the basic lategame problem; that a campaign becomes largely pointless once you reach a certain powerlevel relative to the AI.

I would not be surprised if they were simply taken aback by the fact that people just did not like it.
    You're not sorry. Own it. I disagree.

I don't hate that feature. I just think it was poorly executed. The reason people hate it is cause it doesn't make the game challenging it just makes it a nuisance. It's lazy. The AI power level is mostly an illusion. They have infinite funds but they are so limited in what they can do with it. They lack the options of the player because they can't exploit all the same features the player can.

Besides they "fixed" the ability of factions to stay alive and late game still sucks. Late game sucks because the players power level surpasses the AI way too soon. It's so unbalanced. And let's be honest it's not a campaign. It's sandbox with family members. It's a rough draft and nothing close to a finished product. There no way you can convince me that this game is "finished" or was part of some ingenious plan to make the game fun or more playable. That's nonsense.

It's an ambitious idea for a game but it lacks follow through.
  2. Endgame = mindless endless war

This is fundamentally just a genre issue. Once you outpace the AI, well...
    Maybe, but I think it's more of a structural issue that needed more time in development to be balanced. It has a lot of features that don't flow together in a cohesive way. Instead of taking that time it was decided it's playable enough and rushed into beta then full release.
  3. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Imagine you are a developer at TaleWorlds Entertainment, and every day when you open the forum and see this thread, what goes through your mind is...
    ... I should go be a developer for a company that values quality over just good enough.
  4. Endgame = mindless endless war

It really feels they didn't want the player (or are not concerned at all about) to progress beyond the vassal stage or the average sized kingdom. Like all of the fixes went into to making the game stagnate at this stage and no effort or consideration into how it progresses and ends. I think their "end game" idea is you get 7 or 8 fiefs either as a vassal or ruler and you just fight the same battles forever. To progress past this, you have to to brutally steam roll the AI while you vassals/faction barely help with anything. Because AI factions don't run out of money the map piles up with AI enemies anyways. In the past you own vassal would do okay at keeping them in check but in current versions the AI seems to just let enemies take back castes all the time so it just turn into wack a mole forever.
    You're describing symptoms of a bigger problem. Wack a mole isn't the issue. The issue is that once a player advances beyond a beginner the game offers zero chance of actually losing. The player no longer has to rely on his skill he just games the AI. After a certain point it kills playability for intermediate and advanced players. No challenge = no reason to continue playing. Yes, the AI doesn't run out of money but who cares because all they are capable of fielding is endless recruits that can easily be killed. The AI lacks any kind of meaningful challenge and has been reduced to nothing but a nuisance.
  5. The limbo of independent clan fief ownership

If you start this early, you can have minimal garrisons and make tons of passive money with no risk.
    Overall it is an exploit but if you take a fief before clan tier 4 you miss out on being a mercenary and creating armies. You'd have to conquer as a solo party with not a lot of troop capacity.
  6. Excesive slow training make game boring. Please training perks should be buffed.

Trade loot and upgrade them semi instantly. After every battle keep the high valuables and trade the rest for xp. You should get more than enough loot mid to late game to instantly upgrade masses of T1 troops to T6.
  7. Fix Campaign Map AI

The simplest way to fix it would be to give AI lords/nobles who lead parties and armies increased scouting skill. That is the only way to increase their vision and help them maneuver the campaign map better.
  8. How the **** do I kill looters?

Don't fight looters practice against the embers. If you catch them at the beginning of the game the usually lack any throwing weapons or cavalry. In my opinion looters are far more difficult because of the rock throwers. But to deal with looters the best way is on horseback with a bow and get good at keeping out of distance and headshots.
  9. Game being extremely easy

3-Recruits are scarcer and the player only has one slot available for diffrent cultures, two for the same culture settlements
    I'd add... Unless your a mercenary or vassal of the culture then you also get additional slots but not as many as if the same as the players culture. And this should also apply to the AI.
  10. Game being extremely easy

Except for the first idea, which is just straight up bad, the other ones will only make the game SLOWER, not harder in any way.
    As long as you dont take risks, none of these changes will make things more difficult. It will only take a longer time to get the same results.
    What would make the game more challenging?
  11. Game being extremely easy

This pushes players towards optimizing party composition and limiting the risks they take in order to make headway in the game. And not in a fun way either.
    It would help push the player into thinking somewhat strategically which is sorely lacking in the game. The game needs some limitations otherwise everything is completely arbitrary.
  12. Game being extremely easy

Game is already too easy from the beginning and after reaching a certain strength you become unbeatable, making the gameplay boring because of the repetitive winning cycle. I think this should be given attention because it literally kills the reason to play campaign since there is literally no challange, same issue with the warband.

Ideas i have for improvement:
    1-
    Other mercenary clans declaring war on the player's clan (i havent seen it happening for quite some time so i thought they removed the feature)
    2-Relations with npcs takes more time and is harder to improve
    3-Recruits are scarcer and the player only has one slot available for diffrent cultures, two for the same culture settlements
    4-Add new troops with interesting equipments and roles to spice up the gameplay
    5-Bring old chad troops back with their badass names like shock troop, veteran warrior, darkhan etc. and make them reachable through special recruit units
    6-Hundred thousands worth of equipment in the market are expensive af, but unbelievably cheap for troops when upgrading (also while some troops' wage is seriously low, others' are can be incredibly high)
    7-Many trash equipments are high valued, should get a serious decrease in their worth for the sake of realism, since you can literally get rich by selling worthless bandit equipments (i am not saying all of them are worthless but most are and they are weirdly expensive to sell)
    8-Enormous NPC armies literally starve to the last man, maybe time to fix that?
    9-Make special recruit units scarcer so they actually be special .d (they are too common)
    10-I dont know how but make tournaments harder
    11-Add new troops and bring the old ones back )))

All that comes to mind rn are these, please make comment on them and maybe add your own

Note:I am aware of how terrible my english is

Edit: Grammar mistake, adding to ideas
    You might be better off listing all the reasons why the game is easy before listing improvements.
    Side note.. I agree with you.
  13. Renown stuck?

Oh yeah

If you're not getting renown for battles, try re-launching the game. Worked for me at least once.

Not sure how renown got messed up. Also it looks like you can attack Caravans without suffering any kind of relation penalty or starting a war LOL.
    This worked for me. Going forward I started gaining renown.
    Also, the AI is very active early on unlike I've seen before. I had three rebellions in the first 20 days. Half of battania was gone in the first 15 days. Lots of territory being swapped much earlier on than normal.
  14. Renown stuck?

No renown gain for fighting minor clans either. Got 50 renown from a battle against the embers. No renown actually granted and didn't give me clan tier 1.
  15. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

While it's nice that Taleworlds has followed through with continued changes after full release lets not pretend that this patch has brought any groundbreaking changes to the game. Don't fool yourself's into thinking this game is anywhere close to a finished product in need of polishing. This game is still a very rough draft. Don't forget this fact otherwise Taleworlds will.
Back
Top Bottom