Recent content by TheJumboman

1. How is everyone's morale these days?

I think, that this game should not be released yet. I think, that it needs 2 - 3 more years of development (and I'd gladly wait). Adding all the missing features from previous games, as well as adding new features to further expand the game. Balancing the troops properly. Fixing and polishing everything, that needs it.

As is, I see this game as only half-way done, if even that. It's like a demo of what it could be.
    In 2-3 years the graphics will start to look outdated, so then thóse have to be upgraded, then the engine has to accommodate that, and now you're stuck in an endless cycle until you run out of money. I've seen this happen to other EA games (like 7 days to die, which has needed like 5 graphics overhauls JUST to stay on par during it's 8 year development cycle. There is a good reason that games tend to be developed within 3-6 years. If taleworlds takes much longer they'll have missed the boat.
  2. Vlandian Pikemen fixed in one easy step! Khuzaits HATE him!

maybe voulges and spears should also be able to be couched, then you wouldn't need 2 polearms.
  3. How is everyone's morale these days?

In fact, and that's what I really don't get, nearly everything that is annoying in the game and that hasn't been fixed yet is due to actually very quickly and easily fixed adjustment issues. [...] WHY hasn't it been done yet ? WHY ?
    This is such a great summary of how I feel. Entire mechanics are just *right there*, waiting to become fun. The whole smithing system is there, but it's basically disabled by no more than 5 variables. in 2 minutes you could increase stamina, stamina regen, xp gain and parts discovery, and tadaa! you would have a fun game mechanic. Horse riding is so good in this game, but it's disabled by the fact that the riding skill doesn't increase. Robbing caravans is disabled by their movement speed, workshops and caravans are disabled by their low profits, companions are disabled by their ****ty stats, everything is disabled by 1 to 5 numbers that could be changed in one minute. even battles would be so much better if they simply changed the distance that troops have to keep to each other. It's baffling that they would do 98% of the work and then flat out REFUSE to do the last 2% for 2 years.
  4. Offering modding help

Hi all, When taleworlds releases the proper tools I'd like to get into modding this game. I can program in C# and have done some modeling with 3DS max in the past. I've modded a few games in the past (xml-editing for 7 days to die, and creating a Random Map Generator for autonauts). I'd like to...
  5. SP - General Units should keep more space

I've just played a few custom matches with 500v500 infantry, and I've noticed every fight is a complete blob of units having 80% of their attacks blocked by teammates standing right on top of each other. On top of that, none of the units are properly 'locked on' to the enemy in front of them; in...
Back
Top Bottom