Recent content by The Raven of Time

1. Dev Blog 18/01/18

Auldman said:
    ?️NS Marko said:
    Auldman said:
    "WHAT'S THE MOST DIFFICULT THING THAT YOU SOLVED SO FAR?
    “The game is not out and I don't know if we've solved this problem, but one of the big challenges is to have events that are generated by dynamic sandbox events, and are good strategies for the NPCs to adopt, but that also make sense to the player. An example of what we want to avoid, from Warband: we introduced feasts, which were a way that factions could spend resources to repair relations between lords that were damaged by the ebb and flow of war. The problem, though, was that the strategically ideal time to hold a feast was when you were in the middle of a war, which didn't seem right from a narrative perspective. So there are a lot of moving parts in the game, and we're trying to get them to work together in a way that makes sense from both a strategy and an RPG perspective.”

WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK ON?
    “I'm currently working on dialogs for quests. These can get quite complicated, because we want to have lots of small quests that offer meaningful branching choices but may also be given out by characters with different personalities. We're also trying to work out a main storyline quest that absorbs the player but complements the sandbox struggle for power rather than seeming like two parallel games.”"

Oh dear. That doesn't sound like they are even remotely close. You should have already nailed down a main quest at this point in the production. Yeesh.
    Not really, no.

It's just a complement to the game mechanics, which always come first.
    Given they started work on Bannerlord in 2010 I'd think quests would have been discussed by now and a main one nailed down. If he's still working on side-quests that is understandable but a main one should have been thought off and scripted by now.

Hopefully, they had some form of a premise in mind for it at the beginning and have most parts of it outlined. But I sort of guessed they were still writing quests based on the content of an earlier blog which really concerns me because if main quests are unfinished how far are the side quests and other aspects of Bannerlord in development? Hopefully, the game releases sometime in the next 2 years completely finished.
  2. Dev Blog 14/12/17

Yaga said:
    If you do not mind, I'll tell you a little about the trees  :smile:
    There is such a beautiful tree - Alder.
    The trees in the screenshot (in the village) are a bit like Alder ... But the point is that Alder grows on the swampy banks of rivers!  :grin:

blog_post_20_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

Actually, to me, the trees appear to some form of a variant of Ponderosa Pine as you can see that they are evergreens.
  3. Dev Blog 14/12/17

For next week's questions; I would personally like to hear about the mercenary system for both soldiers the player can recruit and for mercenary work the player can perform.

I also have an interest in how the AI companions interact with the player character. How can you influence them and how can they influence you?

Thanks for an interesting blog! Keep up the good work!
  4. Dev Blog 07/09/17

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    AmateurHetman said:
    game... is close to completion and we know they are working to make it
    The game is NOT close to completion, or we would have an approximate release quarter now. I would say Fall 2018 at best.

I agree completely on your estimations because I'm honestly concerned by the words “Currently I’m working on quests,” as it makes me wonder where the rest of development currently stands if quests are not near completion.
Back
Top Bottom