Recent content by The Bowman

1. The Bowman

Patch Notes v1.2.9

I may add to this discussion that interior lighting is incredibly performance intensive. Entering a tavern yields much lower FPS than being in the city itself.
  2. The Bowman

Who of the old guard are still around?

Hey there.
    Seeing you all makes me a bit nostalgic. 🥹
  3. The Bowman

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Can we get a map with how many scenes are yet to be added for the battle terrain system?
  4. The Bowman

Ukraine Today

So, here we go again.
    I wonder how long in advance they have been planning this for, and what was Wagner's contingency planning. They couldn't have expected the Putin administration to just hand over Shoigu - a man appointed by Putin himself - and look weak in the process. Going against a minister appointed by the leader is in fact going against the leader's choice.
  5. The Bowman

Romans vs Barbarians

So what are the rules?

//asked like a true Roman.
  6. The Bowman

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Obervation on fog of war feature: I've noticed in YouTube videos that NPCs which the player has never met before have negative relations with the player from the onset (-3, for example). I assume it would be correct the set the default at 0, as it does not make sense for someone who you've never met before to dislike you. Such penalty should be applied only the moment you talk to them (taking in coount personal traits, political choices or events).
  7. The Bowman

Digital Companion Release

You don't have this? (Assuming you use steam/gog)
    View attachment 162592

Will give @MRay a shout
    It works. The initial message said something about the Steam library, so I looked there and on the Steam shop.
    Thanks.
  8. The Bowman

Digital Companion Release

I bought the game first day, and it appears as paid only.
  9. The Bowman

SP Medieval Dell'arte della guerra

Does the mod have a Discord server?
  10. The Bowman

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Is there a chance to alter the mercenary tree a bit?

The Western mercenaries don't seem to have dedicated swordsmen, their melee units being solely pikemen. Since the game now offers the possibility to upgrade troops in three branches, we could use something like this:
    Watchman
    - -> Pikeman - etc.
    - - - -> Swordsman - etc.
    - - - - - -> Crossbowman - etc.

Also, it looks like sword sisters are all crossbowmen. That tree could also use some splitting up.

What is also not clear to me is what happens with militias. Are they going to be upgradeable ever?
  11. The Bowman

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

So, 8 Imperial Infantrymen lose against 7 looters head on, and after grinding through my infantrymen, they still have 4 guys alive. I have a suspicion there is something about:
    1. Troops hug eachother in battle;
    2. When they hug, long weapons, such as spathas and bastard swords are ineffective;
    3. Regular infantry weapons are really slow, namely the two mentioned above, which explains why looters win so easily;
    4. Because the enemy has fast striking weapons, even if cheap, means shields make no difference in battle.

In comparison, the same 8 guys fared better when they were recruits, killing 11 looters in an earlier battle.

Also, I got this bug in Phycaon. All files validated.
    A3HlU.jpg
  12. The Bowman

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Has anyone experienced massive performance loss across the board? I can't remember my game running so badly for quite a while.
  13. The Bowman

Bannerlord Full Release Date Updates

These guys better get an actual game designer for their next title, becuase Bannerlord being relased in this state reflects what a game looks like without a vision.
    Battle formations and AI, diplomacy, settlement management, gang system and roguery, sally-outs, quests, late-game features, unique scenes for each location, things to do in scenes, feature integration and depth etc. I would have gladly accepted a delay of a year or two to sort this out and slowly integrate the features in the game. Instead, „look, we put everything together with some duct tape. Now play”. I'm very disappointed and equally confused about future development support for the game.

de772d3bfb6620692c83edcf2561eb41.jpg
  14. The Bowman

Ukraine Today

And here's our vicious circle...

Russians killing civilians, Ukrainians taking revenge on prisoners, then Russians taking revenge for their killed prisoners, and so on until the only thing that fuels the war is mutual hatred. Things can drag on for a very long like this.
  15. The Bowman

Ukraine Today

Do I also need to explain I'm on Ukraine's side not to get attacked for allegedly being pro-Russian? I don't think I need to, but it's "you are with us or against us" in the propaganda war on the internet, the space for nuanced debate is shrinking. It's sad and predictable.
    No, you don't. I know what 'with us or against us' leads to. After all, I have a degree and international conflict is very close to my field of studies. What I'm trying to explain through my message is that Russian propaganda has prepared the public opinion on key talking points unlike any other side involved in this conflict, which makes it far more inclined to tolerate aggressive messaging directed against Ukrainians. This may explain why Russian soldiers may be more prone to comitting war crimes than the other side involved. Also, this messaging is not new. As someone else pointed out in this thread, the 'Great Patriotic War' and 'victory against Fascism' has achieved cult status in Russia for decades, even an far as being a raison d'etre for the state itself. Consequently, when the Russian state-controlled media blasts Ukraine for 8 straight years on being a 'Nazi' state, it's plays a very special cord in the minds of many Russians. Hence the excesses we are witnessing in this war.
    My argument and the point I'm trying to make (which might have been shadowed by my admittedly clumsy message) is that the Russian army is way more inclined to commit war crimes than the Ukrainians owing to decades of uninterrupted propaganda, state-promoted chauvinism and the legacy of a great state which dissoluted and got humiliated geopolitically (naturally, with the help of the 'little brothers' who rebeled in 1991 and who are not wortly of statehood).
    Ukraine, while not having had an impressively free press during its independence years, has been way more liberal, and the state din not purposefully promote anti-Russian messaging until when the war began in Donbass. Ukrainians are shocked that Russia decided to proceed the way it did, especially given close cultural connections (this has been the reaction of refugees I had the chance to talk to). Of course, hatred towards Russians in general has been rapidly growing, but it has not been purposefully nurtured for a long time.

With that said, I'm not as naive to believe that Ukrainians have not or will not commit war crimes. I'm perfectly well aware that counter-atrocities are being carried out (already documented) and will grow in number. Russia though, being much more potent militarily (after all, it's them who are in Ukraine, not vice-versa) and having worked really hard controlling what people must or must not believe, has much more motivation to carry out atrocities.
Back
Top Bottom