Recent content by Tarnish

1. Tarnish

Which Finneas' elixirs do you take before their effects are halved?

grimm4 said:
    Getting rid of the free qualis gems would be a good start (Rane, Red Brotherhood hideout).
    I suppose the obvious one in Rane ought to go, but perhaps they could offset the free gem by putting De Digit at the Mines and stopping the run around minigame that you do whenever you get a gem.
  2. Tarnish

Hello developer plesae I have a favor to ask developers.

Hey, it looks like you're suggesting they make certain unique spawns recruitable as companions, which does make sense -- I've often wished to have an extra elf or two. But I think what the devs are going to respond is that there are only so many companions they can add before the game no longer likes it, or that unique spawns would be too strong to have as companions, both of which make sense to me.

I'm not a regular poster here, but thanks for trying to use google translate -- I'm sure there are a plethora of assholes who would love to call you out for not knowing english perfectly, but Mount and Blade isn't an Anglosphere game! 
  3. Tarnish

Pendor Testing Grounds (New KO tests added - full version)

And of course, the Radiant Cross has one of the few Sergeants worth fielding. They're one of my favorite orders, though I plan to play Griffon this round.
  4. Tarnish

DocQuixotic said:
    Why are the Knights of the Dawn not listed among the 'a-tier' orders in your list? What hampers their performance?
    AFAIK they have weak weapons and horse compared to other KO.
  5. Tarnish

Any chance we could get a quick analysis of SC vs Lions? I see both brought up a lot in "best KO" threads, and it'd be nice to know for sure.
  6. Tarnish

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Can we get lady giants with the next edition?
  7. Tarnish

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is Toblik capturable? I know some lords are, but I can't tell if he is.
  8. Tarnish

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.53]

Don't know if any of you have seen this but I've been recieving Reinforced goods for my prizes. For instance, a 'Reinforced Black Courser' or a 'Reinforced Light Crossbow'. Any idea what is going on?
    *EDIT*
    Looking back over this, I can see what's going on. Well, that's good for a larf. Good to see someone already caught it though.
  9. Tarnish

Qualis gems - the definite thread

mymee said:
    Yes I got it! Thanks guys. Now on to grind Noldor Tourneys...
    HA. HAHAHAHA
    AHAHAHAH
    HA.
    You don't know what you're in for, boyo.
  10. Tarnish

hey guys few strategic questions :)

mr48 said:
    Go around taverns and search for companions with training skills (Sir Jocelyn, Boadice, Frederick, Donovan, Sir Rayne). With those in your party you should be able to level up your troops very rapidly into high-tier soldiers. I usually start by finding the training companions and creating an army of Ravenstern Rangers for taking my first castle/town.

Although word of warning: Raybne doesnt like Freddy and Boadice, so you might have to leave him out once you have the others. Boadice is very important, since with only 1 more level she can start training level 30 troops along with Jocelyn.
    Yea, this is important. BUT, everyone's favorite surgeon, Ansen, gets picked on by Boadice and Freddy. Not a healthy relationship.
  11. Tarnish

Throwing weapon builds get completly screwed over in Pendor?

Swoo said:
    Honestly, I would just say it's one of those new-fangled magic throwing weapons that returns to the wielders hand. Infinite throwing ammo might be a wee bit overpowered, but it would be pretty simple to come up with a God, God's Avatar, Hero who faced X number of men and took them all down, item was blessed, and now it can be used exactly that many times a day (battle) in honor of the X number of saps he took down.

*I* think that would be rather cool at least.
    Honestly the whole replenishing ammo has always sort of torn it for me. One or two arrows might break in every fight, and that's fine with, say, barbed arrows, but what about the Noldor Arrows I'm tossing out sixty of every fight?
  12. Tarnish

Treebeard said:
    Tarnish said:
    Dorrin said:
    Throwing weapons were buffed in the most recent version. The damage and projectile speed (which was enough to remove the arc, making them more accurate than an archer when proficient enough) were increased for several both in shops and on troops. If the added lethality to two factions troops don't affect all players what game are they playing?
    Hadn't read the most recent patch notes, but thank you. I had read through the backlog of this thread but not this specific update.

Actually I specifically wrote in this thread that I was adding 3 new throwing spears in the game (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233368.msg5587251.html#msg5587251)
    I added another one too so the new throwing spears in PoP 3.5 are:

- Great Gaflak (only spear that has both throw and melee capabilities and available in all shops)
    - Old Empire Hasta (only in Empire shops and on some Empire lords)
    - Old Empire Light Pilum (only in Empire shops and on some Empire lords)
    - Old Empire Pilum (only in Empire shops and on some Empire lords)

Edit: Syla and Maltise also use these new pilum spears

In addition, the Darts have been buffed and D'Shar are using Darts instead of throwing knives. (The Assassin dagger is still used by Scorpions)
    That, I read. What I did not see in your post was this gentleman's comment:
    Dorrin said:
    Throwing weapons were buffed in the most recent version. The damage and projectile speed (which was enough to remove the arc, making them more accurate than an archer when proficient enough) were increased for several both in shops and on troops. If the added lethality to two factions troops don't affect all players what game are they playing?
    You had increased the number of throwing spears, that I got, but the increase in power I had not.
    In any case thanks for clearing that up for me!
  13. Tarnish

Pippa?!

noosers said:
    Hehe... Princess and Pippa. Didn´t you people watch Prince Williams marriage and noticed the two Middletons? :wink:
    Forgive me sir, I'm not British enough and I don't touch the telly.
  14. Tarnish

Dorrin said:
    Hadn't read the most recent patch notes, but thank you. I had read through the backlog of this thread but not this specific update.
  15. Tarnish

Pippa?!

I got Princess when I did that quest. Parked her nearby in case the village needed cattle so I could give her back.
Back
Top Bottom