Recent content by talvas

1. Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Weavery and Dyeworks sells for more than double what you buy it for, at least in Shariz and elf forest.

For now I'll be Claradia's first real estate mogul, building weaveries and selling em off for profit. :wink:
  2. Suggestions about game mechanics

Great mod... I think you should be allowed to double class as a fighter/fighter.  It would make for a nice balance to some of the others.  Two specialties or more advanced specialty..
  3. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

The other map is much nicer, more hills and wider spaces. I had also heard that it gives smaller factions a chance to fight and take fiefs since the large factions can't mobilize as quickly.  It would be a really nice change of pace.

I've been trying to get it to load in the map editor but the editor won't start.  I followed the directions and dropped the map, map icons, and parties into the native folder but it doesn't run.  It does load the native warband map when I want it to do that.

I found the old tutorial from 2005 lol and followed it to the letter.  I even changed the max size hoping it would help but no luck.  I'm guessing I must be missing the height setting?

Is there a better one than Thorgrim's for warband specifically? 
  4. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    talvas said:
    Or is there a way to get the map loaded into​ The editor that I'm missing?

do you have the mod source (modsys)? Or are you trying to change things with .txt only? The first option is easier, the second can be easy, hard or close to impossible depending on what you want to change.

for example: both maps have different sizes (by your description), but what does that mean? Does one map cover more geography, or they have different scales? Does one map have different number of parties (towns, villages, ... ) than the other?

The maps are exactly the same, it's the scale that's different.  One is more spread out and seemingly much larger.  It's the fact that they are virtually identical that made me think this would be simple.

One mod seems to have 10 more mapicons and maybe half as many parties.  (1296 at the top of one parties, and 890 or so at the top of the other.). All entries are roughly the same, except that in one file the names are things like map_town_a and the equivalent in the other file is gulltown,  but may others are the same with only the number values altered.

I can possibly ask for the source, but right now I only have the texts.
  5. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

So I'm trying to get the map from one verison of 1257ad into another version of 1257ad.  I cannot get either map to load in the Map Editor, I can get the Native map to load.

It seems that thorgrims wants parties, map, and map icons to edit.

Adjusting the size of the map in module.ini made a difference, and copying parites over changes the map perfectly but the ownership is wrong, with Russia owning land in England, etc.

What else do I have to change to get the correct countries owning the correct fiefs?

Or is there a way to get the map loaded into​ The editor that I'm missing?

6. MP Tutorial Scenes Basic Guide On Mapping (Scene Making) In Napoleonic Wars

Thank you so much!  That put me on the right track... Hopefully now I can just switch the map.txt, but I bet that would be too easy.  Thanks again a million times.
  7. MP Tutorial Scenes Basic Guide On Mapping (Scene Making) In Napoleonic Wars

I was trying to take the map (world map) from the 1257 ad SVN and use it for the normal 1257ad.  The SVN is much larger.  All I can find about mapping(scene making) leads here. 

My problem is how do I make the world map larger?  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful. 
  8. Some questions about the mod

1.) Lord shows up and pulls rank on your staff, feasting and carrying on, claiming that he's already sworn in he takes his pay, surely it's nothing to a great king like yourself.  When you reject him, he flees for his life realizing he overstepped.

2.) Your army shows up, and drinks the well dry.  The town suffers terribly for weeks until it is replenished.  Word spreads throughout the countryside of your deeds.  Next time there's an angry mob waiting to ambush your tired army.

3.) They don't seem to, but I haven't given anyone treacherous lords any Towns or castles that they can take if they go.  Your wife seems to only affect things if she's the Chancellor.  Once pretty was on a lord, but Idk if it was because of the wife.  I haven't noticed if traits like pretty or ugly affect prestige etc but I think it does when you marry.

4). It will go up quickly, King Cedrus has about 1300 Renown so you are 2/3 of the way there.
  9. Ideas & Suggestions

The idea above is a very good one, the ability to have patrols would be great.  Also battle continuation for sieges, choosing whether to sit out until a battle is over or to build ladders and towers each time you get knocked out is a tough decision.
  10. Bug Reporting HQ

[Milestone]

Ryibelet Castle- at siege assaulting force gets stuck between the tower ramp and the castle wall.  Occasionally one gets through every 10 mins or so.
  11. When is a good moment to start my own kingdom?

Not to contradict you, I think the city management is very well done.  Everything fits together.  Every action you take has consequences, it's not easy being king.

In your case, I would check the balance of power. If the craftsmen get too little, then growth takes a huge hit in my game as well.  You can offset this with edicts and gifts.  But with religion, noble powers and extra troops, Bourgeoisie and build times, it all fits.  That's why you juggle power around as needed.  Just never forget the lower class or they leave.
  12. v4.0 final feedback

1. How's your experience with the Turguhn Horde? Do they disappear after a while? Do they hold their cities?

They were very fierce in 3. But in 4. I haven't had a problem. They last but dont expand too far.

2. What's your favourite feature?

The town and kingdom management.  They are very well done, village building as well.  Designing a colony is excellent.  It's hard to pick one.  Also the renting of palaces or income.

By far though, the influence system.  Getting other lords to actually listen.  I feel like it should only be able to be used on lords ranked under you.  I'm also not sure if it's meant to be, but leading the crusade I ordered several mithridian lords to participate in the siege using influence.  Not sure if it works on enemy Lords or not.

3. What feature do you like least?

Business, but I feel like that's more of a play style thing.

4. How do you like artillery?

Yes, it would be better if it was used in sieges.  By enemy Lords as well, maybe as a late game thing.

5. What's your experience with crafting?

I haven't tried it yet, but mostly for play style.

6. Did you encounter any problems with colonies? Do houses raise pop cap instead of wells now?

They seem to work just fine, town and village building as well work just fine.

7. Do you use ENBseries Shaders Addon? Do you know what it is? You like it? No?

I like them very much, but they make it impossible to fight at night.  Which is when most other Lords catch you early game.  It's very immersive, but I feel like the other guy can see totally.  Also on the white screens then to black can be tough on the eyes.  Maybe adjust these extremes?

I do like them and use them for all other M&B as well.

8. have you used combat abilities already? Shield bash (CTRL)? Volley fire (period key)? F1 set target for cannoneers? Fired cannons manually?

Combat abilities work very well.  Volley fire can in the right situation now down enemies.  I have fired the cannons, they seem to work.  Im still learning via cannons for dummies lol.

9. How did you hear from Nova Aetas? Where? Who? What was your first version to play with? What was your first experience like?

It was from a friend on an RPG chat, wodgotham.com.  it was version 3.  I get bored with the other mods now.  Wars can be slow and tedious at times but mostly there is a lot of action. 

My first experience was very fun.  I didn't even know I was getting bugs and since this is so much more polished that other mods it all seemed fine to me.  Swadia got crushed, the crusades were fun.

Faction hold much better now, they don't sweep others as quickly.  I would suggest making truce last 15 days, to make less long periods of peace.

10. How do you like the scary music for caves/jungles/Uxkhal?

The music is nice.

11. Is acquiring money easy in your game? How's your experience? What's easy way? What's hard way?

It is soo easy, but I might have exploited the tournaments.  If you scale the tournies to your level at game start, you can win quite easily.  Which is fine since I was trying to get back up to what I had earned in 3.0.

Possibly lock that option until level 8 or 10 when you can win occasionally anyways.

Tried the hard way, trading and farming etc.  It can take a long time and even at 6 trade skill was not nearly as lucrative. 

Once you win 3-4 tournaments and get that first palace, your on easy street.

12. Did you promote Nova Aetas to anyone?

No, I really should though.  Everywhere I go people are already doing it. :cool:
  13. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Thank you so much!  I see, 2 per cannon.  I had only 1 per  and, do they still shoot on their own?  Or do I have to tell them where to shoot?

Love the mod btw, I can't even play any other.  And after all the cannons frustration, town building was soo relaxing.  A great way to ease the tension after a defeat or other set back.

I don't know how you do it:smile:
  14. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How can I tell if the cannons are firing? 

Edit: Basically I need Cannons for Dummies, as I just can't seem to do it right.  :facepalm:
  15. Ideas & Suggestions

I was thinking it would be pretty awesome if you could add the Lance Recruitment from the 1257 AD mod.

The way it works is at villages there would be a maximum of 16 Lance's each would consist of 5 to 7 faction troops of mixed tiers and only one top tier.  The idea being that it would be a knight and his retainers etc. 

This made recruitment quick and easy, but you still weren't guaranteed to win with all top tier troops, you had to strategize how to use the units you end up with.

Edit: I just got a town and i can see what you're doing here.  It is very very well done, I retract my suggestion.
Back
Top Bottom