Recent content by svart

1. The Official Art thread

Sound Chaser - a lot of character there, love how they look on paper :smile:

Haven't posted here for a while, here's a sword I've done today :

ts_blades_03_01.jpg
  2. The Official Art thread

this time a more exotic blade. (picture is realtime game model)

ts_blade_02_07.jpg
  3. The Official Art thread

Merlkir said:
    Vilhjalmr: might happen :smile:

Today's painting..took quite long, I could go on, but I felt sick of adding more and more hungry buggers :grin:

Shield Anvil Itkovian and his little group of Grey Swords - mercenaries hold against the army of hungry cannibal peasants called Tenescowri :smile: (from S.Erikson's books.)

Damn that is so awesome, really full of life.
    well done Merlkir, best one from you yet :smile:
  4. The Official Art thread

there are knocks there cause that's where you block other swords with.
    ye I should definetly have added more scratches to the sharp side, but it's something I'll have to keep in mind for next time, cheers :smile:
  5. The Official Art thread

a game sword, 380 tris.

ts_blade_01_05.jpg
  6. The Official Art thread

El Duke: lovely piece, texturing really makes this character shines.
    You got the shoulders a bit off, notice how their intesections with the arms is too high ... that's why the overhead shot looks better than the front view.

For future models - the collar intersection with the head is weird - I usually seperate the head from the rest of the body, so I have more control over the collar and head morphs.
  7. Eschalon: Book I

Sir Prince said:
    Yeah I fonud it. I had to run around a bit though at the end to avoid those posionous giant newt/salamander things. Couldn't take them on at level 1.

Ah, what I did was open the gate, lure them to chase me - and then go back to the gate controls and close it on them. :smile:
    The nice thing is you get acknowledged for thisl and get experience :razz:
  8. The Official Art thread

Vilhjalmr said:
    Wow. Do those look like that in game?

Are they even for M&B?

Cheers Vilhjalmr :smile:
    Ye those shots are realtime dx views, depending on the quality of the game engine in question they might look better or worse.

They weren't really made for M&B, but I might test them there as I'm kinda curious how they'd turn up :smile:
    And here's something you might like, it's a helmet done by a guy named Ramseus for gameartisan comp a few days ago, which resembles your avatar :razz:
  9. The Official Art thread

more shields from me.

gothic_battle_shield_04.jpg
  10. The Official Art thread

Haha, lovely work Yoshi !
    I love the fact the base of the house is more narrow than the top :grin:
    Though it's a shame there aren't wooden planks on the edges of base like the rest of the house, as it look dull in comparison ...

Anyway, my turn - more shields !

metal_shield_04.jpg
  11. The Official Art thread

that is awesome Merlkir, I agree about the blurriness of the fur throwing this off, but nevertheless cool stuff :grin:
  12. The Official Art thread

Now I'm confused if they should be vertical or horizontal :grin:
  13. The Official Art thread

James said:
    I would suggest at least, if possible, turn the back plank texture 90 degrees.

thanks, but can you please clarify why ?
  14. The Official Art thread

Adorno: Love the sketches, great gestures :smile:

I've been working on some shields ... I know the handles are wrong, unfortunately I've learned about it a bit too late, and changing them now isn't worth the effort ...

vikingshield_wip_05b.jpg
  15. The Official Art thread

heh cool man, if you want any crits you know who to poke :wink:
    are those friends from real life ?
Back
Top Bottom