Recent content by Stuboi0

1. Stuboi0

Is it me or does it take forever to block? Seem to be way worse at manually blocking than Warband

I genuinely thought it was just me, my pc, or lag... perhaps a combination of all that.

Taking a 2h seems to be high risk, high reward, I get that. In order to survive (not just spam) with a 2h it's more to do with timing and reading a combat situation.
  2. Stuboi0

How to punish noobs who turtle up with shield and wait for friends to come help?

There's no wrong way to play the game. At the end of the day, if someone wants to hold up their shield constantly the chances are they are of very little threat to you. Besides, nobody is forcing you to fight people like this and you'll probably end up killing them at some point in the game anyway.

The onus is on you to break them down. It's hardly a players fault if it takes you more than 3 seconds to kill somebody...
  3. Stuboi0

Ways to deal with the toxicity

Ignore it, mute them, show a little restraint. No matter how much the bawbag chats codswallop, just envisage smacking them over the head with a shovel and move on.

These people feed on a response. I agree, it can sometimes make game play unpleasant, but every community has it's village idiots.
  4. Stuboi0

Patch Notes e1.0.10

Where dem camels at? :'(
  5. Stuboi0

[Resistance] #5 Psycho Pass | Signup thread!

gimmegimmiegimmie.gif
  6. Stuboi0

ZHG and ZHG TDM servers thread

Gragnok said:
    finally got my student loan! Time to buy all the food in tescos.

Yup, I got my student loan 4 weeks late. I was attached to ASDA for a few days...
  7. Stuboi0

How good/large are clan battles?

Native does have this monday night "battle" which mainly consists of those playing in NW. Majority of clans in native focus on smaller scale matches, commonly 8v8 or 5v5 and 10v10. There are a few tournaments going or will be starting in the near future.

I'm sure there are other things, but skrims between clans tend to be the popular choice of competition.

Unfortunately, because matches do not tend to have any more than 20 players, it is highly unlikely that you'll come across a clan forming shield walls every round. If you after the big battle scene, then I would recommend looking at those who attend the Monday Night Shield Battle event.
  8. Stuboi0

[WNL2] Week 11 Fixtures - Deadline 21/07

Arch3r said:
    Folms said:
    Caius_XI said:
    PS : How do I get something else than recruits on forum guys :grin:
    You don't, it is randomized. Which ever one you get you keep it.
    Not entirely true. It can randomly change to another rank if you keep logging out and back in. It would probably take about 100 log-outs and ins to change rank though.

It's the amount of time you have actively spent on the forums.
  9. Stuboi0

[WNL2] Suggestions & Announcements

nedsat said:
    All I've said is that I think people should come with their input to help improve the maps before we come around to round 12 of WNL. I dont feel like they are done. I my opinion they could use some more work. That is all I've said. If you think your map has nothing to improve then that is your opinion and I disagree with it.

I'm in fact trying to clear things up, since you were the one querying. But yes I agree, map picking was poorly prepared.

I do not think that "there is nothing to improve." That is silly that you even jump to that conclusion. What I HAVE said though is that the map HAS been tested in matches when you stated that maps (for WNL in general) haven't had much of a run through before they are picked. But in no way did I mention that my maps were perfect.

I have taken on board of what you have said Nedsat. I haven't dismissed your feedback in any way, I even said that I will tidy it up around the map edges...
  10. Stuboi0

nedsat said:
    I personally feel you are just inexperienced with open maps. Or heavily rely on camping and waiting for flag strategies.

Neither of these statements are true but to be honest I haven't played the map comptitively yet so that might just be it as I said. Doesn't remove my concern tho. We should make more competitive tests of the map before it is played imo. We still have a few weeks to do that :smile:

Only an opinion. But yes, all maps play differently in matches than they do in public play. But I'm not sure what you are saying about having more tests, since it was tested several times before hand, before AND after the overhaul of the map. If we were to do MORE testing however, I can assure you that the WNL would go on for far too long (for a fair amount of players), and I doubt the tournament would even be completed before clans drop out because of inactively through the summer.
  11. Stuboi0

nedsat said:
    #Castle Ruins:
    - I've notices that there is rocks outside the bounderies of the map. On a map where the invisble walls are already not that easy to figure out this only makes it worse.
    - This might be because of my lack of experience with the map competitively but im not sure I get the 'idea' of the map. It feels alot like a bunch of randomly placed ruins.

Your first point I will have a look at. Perhaps I could clean up a few props which are lingering outside the borders, but I would have expected players to use their initiative. I did try and hint with the sides of the map actually sloping up (I wanted to avoid using horrible cliffs like the first version was ages ago). I will look at this when I have the time, but I do think it could be down to not being familiar with the map it's self.

My last comment about not being too familiar with the map, let me explain. I have noticed many clans/teams have in fact adopted the "Hide and wait for flags - take no risks" strategy. Yes, I suppose it works, but I wanted to break the feeling of having nothing else to do. It is designed to be flexible and because it's open, it serves that purpose very well. We have a lot of Closed or Semi-Open maps and what I wanted to achieve with this map is that it is a test of being able to survive and kill your opponents. You CAN hold certain areas if you wish, but to be honest, you can easily be outflanked and there are blind spots and corners which players should ought to be careful of.

I personally feel you are just inexperienced with open maps. Or heavily rely on camping and waiting for flag strategies.

12. Stuboi0

[WNL1-2] Server Bookings | Closed

I went on WNL_France_2 earlier tonight. Seem's it was used for "siege".

Let me make this very clear. The servers are for proper use only. An example of this would be for a WNL match...

Firstly I'd like to know how someone of a clan who is not in the WNL, got the admin password
    LGI_Spadassin has joined the game with ID: 1372530 and has administrator rights.

Secondly, I'm annoyed at the fact that they felt they could use the server when ever convenient for them - BOOK your servers.

Lastly, and not related to this, the France servers will be going down in less than 2 weeks... the end of 13/07 will be the last day they are up, as rental for the box expires and I cannot keep up the bill.

13. Stuboi0

[WNL1-2] Livestreams & Recordings |

Wise words from Folms: "I think CoR are just cocky"

:shock:

Meh :grin:

14. Stuboi0

[WNL2] New Rules, Maps & Admin Mod - Osbolete

Oh bee's wax...  :shock: Thanks for pointing that out!

I'll get right on it tomorrow.
  15. Stuboi0

[5aSC2013] Quarterfinal-Stage - Deadline 01/07

ReneKB said:
    And yes, the servers were laggy today. I'm sry for this. The root-server has some problems today.

We noticed some warping on the germany servers the other week. When was the last time they were reset.

Ideally, servers should be reset every day (if it is being used all the time), if not, every couple of days.
Back
Top Bottom