Recent content by stevodevo

1. stevodevo

[Plaza] - Main Topic

Hi - I'm getting into the game pretty late. Was just looking for a cool mod to resurrect my dusty copy of M&B when I stumbled across this one...

I'm currently downloading the 2.2 mod file however the Nexusmods link appears to be dead?  At least it isn't loading for me at the moment.  Any other mirrors/links I can try?

Thanks!
  2. stevodevo

Suggestions for PoP 3+

One suggestion I've been waiting for in any mod is the ability from the camp menu to send a runner to a specific lord or lords.  As marshall I can gather troops but that's it.  There are times when I have enough standing to ask a lord to assist me but I have to travel the world to find him.

Also, as marshall (or not), I'd like the ability to tell a lord or lords to attack a specific castle/town, ie. siege it.  I have enough armies to split my forces but since I can't specifically order them to take a castle I end up riding around doing all of it myself.  They can patrol or raid but I want an attack order.

Lastly, and this was an afterthought, I'd love it if I could tell a specific troop type to attack another troop type.  Like giving my horse the order to attack archers or telling archers to fire on mounted troops, etc.  That would be cool.

thx
  3. stevodevo

POP 3 Cheats - Warning: May spoil or crash your game!

hehe... true I do normally conquer all the land myself I just thought I'd stick it out and see what it's like to let someone else be ruler.  I usually end up defecting once we get close to the end anyway... thanks for the responses.

EDIT: The mod for increasing the chances that you will receive a castle/town after successfully sieging DOES WORK btw.  Immediately after implementing the mod I received the next 2 castles I took after the first 4 were handed out to other lords.
  4. stevodevo

POP 3 Cheats - Warning: May spoil or crash your game!

the only 'cheat' i'm interested in is the mod that will give me a greater chance of receiving holdings once i've conquered a castle/town.

my question is, can anyone confirm if the standard tweak here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1219470.html#msg1219470 works in PoP?
  5. stevodevo

Bug Reports and Known Bugs

DsD_1000 said:
    Hello everybody. I've got some kind of bug, but i think this is my mistake only.
    When i've got my own kingdom, i have decided to change it name. I used instructions in FAQ, and do everything right. But when i load my save game i saw strange bug! Every NPC looks different, they all now male, without clothes and hairs!!! Okay, i delete old Troops.txt, and replace it with new ( from Archive ). And now i cannot load my save game!!!. Everytime when i'm trying, i've got message ( Error : Invalide numbers of troops : 806 ). I've changed first numbers in Troops.txt, from 726 to 806. Next time when i load save game, i've got Unexpected End of File While Reading file Modules\Native Expansion\troops.txt.... Any ideas how to fix that?  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I thought you could change your kingdom name from the camp menu?  Can't you restore the troops file and undo the changes you did to change the kingdom name yourself?  Maybe you used the camp menu option but your post didn't say that...
  6. stevodevo

Link to download .570

Thanks for the response... I guess I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this lock-up issue and if it was an issue at all in the current version.  I didn't see it mentioned in the bug thread so maybe it's just my machine.  If I didn't have so much invested in my current save game I'd upgrade to .582 but that'll be the next time I conquer Cal.
  7. stevodevo

Link to download .570

So... no one else has problems with the game locking up on them?  I reinstalled last night without the graphical enhancement and brutality 'add-ons' but it's still locking up.  The keyboard won't respond and finally the whole PC just locks up and I have to shut down.

The only changes I have made are to install the 'more metal' soundpack, replace 1 music file with my own and make a few changes to the text files (inventory during sieges, lower troop wages while garrisoned)...
  8. stevodevo

Bug Reports and Known Bugs

I searched but didn't see this mentioned in the bug thread... as the king of my own faction I only see 7 lords available to award villages or fiefs to.  Is this a bug or a known issue?  I'm running version .570 btw so perhaps this was fixed already...

thx
  9. stevodevo

Link to download .570

Is there an archive link somewhere?  I'm getting random lock-ups especially after a battle going from the prisoner/loot screen to the world map and lately 2x after winning the siege of Dhirim.  My whole PC locks up and I have to shut down.  I'm thinking it's some other mod/text file change I've...
  10. stevodevo

Music

Sweet... didn't know how easy it was to upload to rapidshare before.

Ok here's the linky: http://rapidshare.com/files/207527269/Requiem_for_a_Dream_stereo.ogg.html

The only thing I wish I'd changed is to up the volume a bit.  But man that is an awesome song to fight to.  Especially if you're on the open battlefield for the first part of the song.  You can almost sense that the music was meant to be choreographed for an epic fight scene.
  11. stevodevo

Music

Great answer!  Thanks very much...

Yes the file I had was imported into Audacity as a mono mp3 file.  So of course when I exported as ogg it was also mono.  I was already using Audacity but I'm not super familiar with it.  I basically started a new stereo project and pasted the ogg into it and had Audacity re-render in stereo.  I wasn't sure if Audacity could import the mp3 as stereo or if that's built into the file.

Seems to have worked ok as far as making the file stereo.  Now I'll just have to wait til I get home to put the new file into M&B.

Thanks again!

EDIT:  If I want to 'share' this music file where could I upload it?
  12. stevodevo

Music

Not trying to resurrect a dated thread but thought I'd post my question here since it's relevant instead of creating a new topic.

I created an .ogg file to replace one of the current music files in the regular music directory.  It plays fine but it seems to be coming from some place in the air right above my head when I first spawn on the battlefield!  If I move away the music stays there.  It's like I brought a medieval boom-box with me and it's in my equipment chest!

Anyone else experience this and how do I fix it?

Thanks.
  13. stevodevo

Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

XWolfGhost said:
    Lords that actually follow your orders is sorely needed. When you look at the AI assembling a campaign, the armies stay together, even when sieging. I attempted to form a campaign, told everyone to follow me, but when we were sieging the town, the lords within it started to run away, of course my companion's and their armies chased them to the end of the world, and all of them must have just reset or something, because they simply went back to their castles. Am I doing something wrong here?... I would expect them to at least return to me lest they feel my wrath for not following orders, I might as well be a single army kingdom. I have attempted this on more then one occasion by the way, they will even feel the need to go after a few measly Hungry Bandits then follow my orders...

Did this suggestion get any comments?  Or is there an alternate thread discussing this somewhere?  It's something that's been bugging me lately too.  Once your character is built up enough and you can afford a sizeable army, keeping those ADD Lords together during a siege is a nightmare.  Half the time I end up abandoning because my 5 or 6 Lord armies took off after a caravan trying to enter the town!

I'm going to make an assumption that the Lord armies have a range of view on the map just like my character since after chasing a faster party for a short period they will often turn back.  If this is true, would it be possible to greatly reduce their 'FOV' while they are told to 'follow me'?  I dunno anything about the code or trigger system but if this is possible it would be one way to keep your collective army together.
  14. stevodevo

A question regarding game-play.

Sorry to revive this one... just reading and wondering if I renounce my oath against my monarch after successfully sieging a castle, will my relationship with the other factions normalize or will it continue to remain hostile as before?  For example, I am a Swadian Marshall and we are currently at war with Vaegris.  If I renounce and begin my own faction will my relationship go to 0 like when two factions make peace?

Thanks.
  15. stevodevo

Getting help from Lord's

Yeah that whole chasing after caravans, raiding parties while trying to build ladders before the siege is SUPER annoying... Half the time my siege party is off galavanting (sp) around while I'm staring at the enemy archers saying 'hey you guys?'.

One thing to note and I think this is true in native - if you siege a castle of a faction that is not at war with you your accompanying lords won't help out... correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is true.
Back
Top Bottom