Recent content by SomeWeirdSins

1. SomeWeirdSins

Khuzait Culture Bonus needs changing

the khuzait is one of the many fundamentally flawed ideas in this game
  2. SomeWeirdSins

tourney's still fubar

hey guys, so my old post seems to have disappeared but still getting royally screwed over in tourney's. heck last round block seems to have been disabled entirely. previous tourney i still won, but who was the most difficult guy in the whole match? some wanderer that didnt even have single handed skills but who was somehow nastier then the king of valdia?

why is this this both trying to cheat you and why are the npc's involved inconsistent to the point of not reflecting their traits whatsoever?
    it's because armor is useless in this game. Lords are super easy to beat in tournaments.

Veteran militia are actually the hardest fights in the arena.
  3. SomeWeirdSins

Caravans and shops - WTF money waste ??

Do you understand inner working of caravans (on code level)?
    Yes, they are coded to take your money in Askar and walk directly to Sturgia, the only hostile faction, and attempt to trade with a hostile faction because food prices are high there (not a joke).

If there are no hostile factions they kill looters, take the looters prisoners, and then die to chain-attacks of looters because they have 2.2 move speed from prisoner penalty (not a joke)
  4. SomeWeirdSins

Resolved 275 Roguery Perk Not Working

Increase loot amount by 1% for every skill point over 200.
    Code Analysis (Beta v1.5.:cool:

By default raided villages/caravans only show 50% of the quantity of each item they have. If the party leader has this perk and a Roguery level of over 200, then this perk changes that number to 50 + ((x - 200) / 2) percent, where x is the party leader's Roguery level. This percentage can't go over 100. For example, at level 250 it would result in 75% of the loot quantity being shown. It stacks multiplicatively with Know How.

Sounds like the perk is actually just useless. It only increases the loot from villagers, raids, and caravans.

After 100 years grinding roguery with death off you get more gold from things you only want to do in the first few years of the game.
  5. SomeWeirdSins

Strategy challenge!

I think scaling up Armor values and recalculating scaling of damage based on range (similar to realistic battle mod) should balance it but taleworlds is not going to do that because their main aim is to have fast paced battles with minimal tactical control given to player
    yeah that's the point I'm trying to make.
    Only one player has been able to beat sharpshooters in a line with no micro, and only on 1500 instead of 400
  6. SomeWeirdSins

Strategy challenge!

Did try it out, total deployed 169, survived 109.
    Army comp- 60 imperial legionary, 30 aserai mamluke palace guard, 29 aserai master archers, 30 vlandian gallants, 20 imperial bucellari.
    Map: desert map 009.
    I had used RTS camera for target specific troop command, without that it's hard to command
    Hugged them to the side of one of those plateau, so no flank from left, most casualties occured when infantry was approaching enemy archers in shield wall formation(very bizarre)
    That's a good result!

The winner is 100% sharpshooters in a line with no micromanagement.

Sharpshooters start to lose to mixed armies once fight sizes get very large (750 vs 750). Reinforcement mechanics are the issue.
  7. SomeWeirdSins

Poll "What your favorite weapon type"

Poll allowed me only 10 answers.

I wanted to know about foot\mounted fight. But i had only 1 answer left.
    Bow is by far the strongest weapon in the game on either horse or foot from a power perspective. When supported by the correct perks you can 1 shot pretty much any target within 40ish meters and get over 1 kill a second. Literal 80 kills before the fight starts, then you can choose to command your army or to shoot a tier 2 archer in the back of the head for 50 more arrows.

For fun? Give me only a bearskin and a 2h axe on foot. I may die, sure. I also may get 80 kills in 30-40 seconds and instantly end the fight.
  8. SomeWeirdSins

In Progress hand and a half swords not switching modes with hotkey

Hello, can you please delete the config files(C:\Users\USER\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs) and verify the integrity of the game files afterward. Please send us a save file if this step does not fix the problem. You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.
    deleted config, reinstalled, still have the same problem. Bug seems quite common from interacting with other bannerlord players

Save uploaded
  9. SomeWeirdSins

Resolved [1.58] (and all other iterations before it) - Random Workshop Issue

So to be clear, every new game the workshops in each town are supposed to be identical?

For example, Tyal should have a smithy, a velvet weavery, and a wood workshop every single new game?

Could it be the case that whatever refactor(?) that re-aligned all the nobles with different items in 1.59 also impacted shops?
  10. SomeWeirdSins

Feedback on Prison Breaks

It is absolutely ridiculous that Raiding villages isnt the best way to level up roguery.
    technically you could kill peasants and ransom them to hit 275 roguery.If you killed arounf 60% of them with a blunt weapon (or captured with doctor's oath) you could hit 275 roguery in...
    about 400,000 peasants. Get started! The reward will feel better if you earn it. That's part of the narrative.
  11. SomeWeirdSins

Feedback on Prison Breaks

What is even the point of doing prison break ? People stay prisoner for like 2 minutes of real time.
    it's the only way to level roguery
  12. SomeWeirdSins

Bannerlord Armor System as a bottleneck for tactical gameplay

Well read last 5 pages of this thread as well as that other post about archers been stupid. It all full of me supporting that conclusion.

Basic premise is simple:
    Archers are overpowered when used by player. They are underpowered when used by the AI => logical conclusion: problem is in the AI and not the archers or armor.
    You make a lot of unfounded/incorrect claims in this thread that you refuse to support.

You literally cited a battle (Crecy) with a cannon where the French had no commander and were killing each other on purpose (French knights were killing their crossbowmen for being cowards) while the English slaughtered them with cannons and a half-million arrows to 'prove' that 11th century archers pierce high-end 11th century armor.

Why should I take anything you say more seriously than a magic 8 ball's results?
  13. SomeWeirdSins

It's an issue with AI, not with archers or armor. Stop exploiting AI and issue will disappear.
    A bold conclusion. How do you support that?
  14. SomeWeirdSins

When you show me battle where you have wiped out floor with equal or higher number of t5 AI units using low tier archer spam with "crappy bows", then I will agree that you have a point and there is something wrong with arrow/armor balance.
    Try the strategy challenge and tell me if you can beat the current best score and how you did it. If you object to the test conditions (map size, map choice) then tweak them and let us know

The fact is that for the vast majority of the game 100% ranged in a line while not touching the mouse/keyboard is more effective than a micromanaged mixed army, and that's anti-fun.

Top Bottom