Recent content by SoloniusTheMerchant

1. SoloniusTheMerchant

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Lets all hope the lords of Swadia this time around don't stand around feasting all day.

Also, while I am all about battle immersion, I defiantly wouldn't mind more depth in terms of court gossip and other non-battle related things involving lords and the like.
  2. SoloniusTheMerchant

Tactical phase before the start of battles would be nice, it doesn't have to be total war level but still.
  3. SoloniusTheMerchant

Would be cool if you could start or join a bandit group, but I suppose that's something modders could try doing.
  4. SoloniusTheMerchant

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Johan_Stormcloak said:
    SoloniusTheMerchant said:
    I support option to fire live prisoners out of catapult.
    I support the option to "release" the prisoners

I will second this.
  5. SoloniusTheMerchant

I support option to fire live prisoners out of catapult.
  6. SoloniusTheMerchant

It's my hope that this time around during sieges they make it so the enemies just spawn deeper in the city as you breach the wall. I want the fighting to go into the streets instead of just sometimes giving you a fight in the streets event where there is only like five of you.
  7. SoloniusTheMerchant

Did they mention how fast a day is going to be in mount and blade, or should I assume it will be about the same length as normal?
  8. SoloniusTheMerchant

Well all this multiplayer discussion aside, I am hoping we have a pretty decent selection of dialog options, if I want to have a second play through I wanna feel like a different character you know?

It also would be nice to see a more lively courts, with Ladies who well you know could be talked to, I often found it extremely hard to even remotely raise my relation with any lords wives.
    But I get it this is a war game, not "Game of Thrones" so I don't expect the drama in the court to be too insane.

[Most Important] Also I definitely want there to be more controversy when Women and Commoners have positions of power, while there has been plenty of this I still think more can be done here.
  9. SoloniusTheMerchant

I'm noticing a lot of people seeming to think that the way the fighting was shown in the video will be exactly how it will look at the end, chances are they are still working on the fighting so taking anything in the video as definite would not be recommended.
  10. SoloniusTheMerchant

nomad1414 said:
    Will we be able to use two-handed axes and shields at the same time ?  :grin:

like this
    Byz_varangian_guard_info.png

Also, will there be flails in the game?
    flails.jpg
    ?

Flais look like they'd be kinda a project to animate and such, but I won't say it's not a possibility.
  11. SoloniusTheMerchant

Do not look here said:
    Then prepare to witness aimlessly wandering AI at its finest with nothing you can do about it. But, hey, you can easily cheat some cash, equipment and relations that way, so it's totally worth it.

Freelancer? I'm not a fan.

What I like about your idea, though, is campaign-long mercenary contracts. It would be nice to fully embrace mercenary career and, for example, have gossip at tavern include 'Kingdom of XYZ is preparing for campaign against kingdom of ABC. Their marshal, lord DEF is seeking for mercenaries'. And then you can just go to said lord and get yourself enlisted - for that exact campaign against that exact kingdom. Faction-neutral roster is kinda poor and full of mercenary troops I'm not interested in. It would be nice if I could lead Nord group knowing that I won't have to fight against Nords and receive morale hits.

I like the ideas involving the tavern, I think it would also be neat if this method could serve as a way to gain renown, say you personally defeat a certain number of enemies in battle or you bring down a high ranking leader in a fight, you could get like a reward from a lord along with some renown. I also would not mind if they had some random events mixed in there as well. (Also if this was implemented in the game, should females characters be required to some way disguise themselves as males?)
  12. SoloniusTheMerchant

Dest45 said:
    SoloniusTheMerchant said:
    How about this for an idea? Aside from being a mercenary unit, I think it would be interesting if one could simply join a lords army for the duration of a particular campaign at which they would be locked into that army and only ab able to go where that commanding lord goes.

If the player should desire to leave that said army there would be three different means to get out of it...

1. The Campaign is ended

2. The lords army is destroyed and it's Lord captured (You'd lose perhaps a small amount of reputation)

3. You can attempt to desert, which would have like a 50/50 chance of working or triggering a random event in which you have to fight some soldiers to flee. (This could cause a loss of reputation)

What do you think? Plausible? Or a bit much for such a small aspect of the game?

They have a mod for that for Warband. But it would be a great addition to the game especially for people that just want to be soldiers and not the leader of a warband. I love it.

Mod is called Freelancer

You don't say? Well perhaps i'll give it a try then.
  13. SoloniusTheMerchant

How about this for an idea? Aside from being a mercenary unit, I think it would be interesting if one could simply join a lords army for the duration of a particular campaign at which they would be locked into that army and only ab able to go where that commanding lord goes.

If the player should desire to leave that said army there would be three different means to get out of it...

1. The Campaign is ended

2. The lords army is destroyed and it's Lord captured (You'd lose perhaps a small amount of reputation)

3. You can attempt to desert, which would have like a 50/50 chance of working or triggering a random event in which you have to fight some soldiers to flee. (This could cause a loss of reputation)

What do you think? Plausible? Or a bit much for such a small aspect of the game?
  14. SoloniusTheMerchant

Well if we are going to consider weapon slots while on horseback i'd like to point out that switching weapons while riding a horse is far easier said than done. I mean riding a horse that is holding equipment and switching back and forth between said equipment isn't like putting something in the back of ones car, i'm not saying it shouldn't happen, I just thought i'd explain this. 
  15. SoloniusTheMerchant

They said they will be a lot of new content regarding inner political relations and such with lords and their families, anyone wanna take a hack at what they had in mind? 
Back
Top Bottom