Recent content by Smiling Demon

1. Question about adding guns to 1.003

Thanks a lot HokeiBT, I thought I was the only one stressing about this. I think I will just wait for the new system, I just started modding M&B 2 days ago and don't have enough experience yet to mess with the txt files.
  2. Question about adding guns to 1.003

Alright, so I copied the item_kinds1 + textures/resources from one of the firearm mods for .96 to the module I am working on just to see if it works.

My character started out with a pistol+bullet, so I'm guessing that was because of the new item_kinds1. The pistol works so that was cool, but none of the shops carry any of the firearms. Considering this is from a mod that is based on firearm, with lots of different types I have come to the conclusion that the main reason for firearms not showing up in stores is hard coded into 1.003/native module.

Correct me if I'm wrong but until the new mod system comes out, no guns in mount and blade.
  3. Can i block arrows/kunai's with a 2h sword? (Skill/item- edit)

I tried to turn a dagger into a parrying dagger (dagger with shield property). All it got me is having a dagger stuck in my elbow.

Any thought on show I can get it so that the dagger go into the second hand + be able to block with it?
  4. Problems with Troop Editor

This is what I do:

I copy the troop info in the troop.txt and then manually paste it at the bottom of the file myself. Then once I open up the troop editor, the program automatically updates the troop number for me. The new troop should be at the bottom, because that's where I pasted it. Any changes you make to a particular troop, you have to update before moving to a different troop otherwise your changes are lost. So once you are satisfied with your changes and been pressing update, you press save then quit.

I hope this helps.
  5. OSP 3D Art Open Source Project - Weapons

Cloud Breaker said:
    Rotate the model 270 degrees in brfedit. Should be in its normal position.

That work perfectly, thank you sir.
  6. OSP 3D Art Open Source Project - Weapons

I had a problem using rrr_bill1 . I got it in the game by copying the stat of the military_scythe . I shows up in stores. But when I use it, the character doesn't hold it right. Kinda holds it side way and can't really hit anything. When dismounted, the weapon just floats near my right hand. Also the picture of it in the inventory screen is messed up, I believe it is a top down view.

Beside reporting that error, I just want to say I love this Open Source Project.
  7. Question about adding guns to 1.003

Okay so I've tried cloning siege crossbow and then replace the stats/model with one of the firearms to see if it would work. I didn't.

Using the same method, I was able to successfully added 3 different polearms (cloning another polearm then replace model/stat). So the steps that I've been using seems to be working, just not with firearms.
  8. Question about adding guns to 1.003

Here is what I have done so far. I copied the matchlock pistol + cartridge from the original file. Clone them and put in some firearm models from the Open Source Project using the item editor. The game recognizes the new guns as items, and I can add them to troops in the game. Here are some...
  9. Native Improved Mod for M&B 1.011. V.1.3 released on 30/10/08.

I really like this mod, I love the attention to details and troop balancing. Here are some suggestions that I have for the next installment:

- New troops for each factions. Rhodok, Kherghit, and Nords are really only 2 troop factions. I hope that you will add more variety and branches to each side. Playing a Rhodok army of just Sergeants and Sharpshooter makes the battle and army composition very uninteresting.
    - Incorporate the new items from the Unique Armoury mod. It has some cool items that you use to equip those new units and none of them are fantasy stuff.

One bug I did found is that the claimant to the Kherghit Khanate is shirtless, not sure if that's intended.
Back
Top Bottom