Recent content by Sir Squirrel

1. Sir Squirrel

Why are the steam reviews so good?

Please explain it to me, i just cant understand it.

Bannerlord Steam Reviews
    This is the most simple reason I can give you:
    * Those who like the game are usually quite and just plays the game.
    * And those who have grips, complaints and/or are generally unsatisfied about the state of the game are the loud outspoken ones.
  2. Sir Squirrel

Join faction as vassal crashes the game

Are using any mods? Try turning them of if you have any.
    You can try posting at Technical Support on the Single player section: Link
    The moderators can help you there.
  3. Sir Squirrel

Do horses commit Seppuku when their owners die in sieges?

I know, mid to late game you will be swimming in horses, but the start up can be rough.
    For field battles i am ok with the horses lost forever.
    I am only wondering why you wouldn't get all your horses back if you are attacking and you spent that sweet time building a camp and everything.
    It is a little emersion thing to be honest, i am swimming in dinars and it is the highest difficulty settings. I love how rough it is to get to this point so i am a bit picky about immersive stuff.
    Character progression being halted and all, your mind looks for ways to stay engaged :sneaky:
    Once you get a fief, I always store some horses there knowing I can defend it.
    That's why the A.I. nobles only bring what they need. Unlike the player, I know many of us players does. bringing their entire baggage, weapons, armor, horses and goods even denars.

I like that risk where you can literally lose everything if you've been taken prisoner. So prioritize your life and avoid pitched battles. Or store some of that amassed wealth in your fiefs. Especially those thousand horses.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket"~
  4. Sir Squirrel

Do horses commit Seppuku when their owners die in sieges?

What happens to the horses when their riders die in a siege?
    On that note, can we please have the option to tell our cavalry to sit this one out and instead, make bets on how the plebs are gonna bite the dust or drink tea or what have you? ?
    We already have a working system for hideout, maybe an expansion of that?
    Thanks!
    From a realistic perspective, I think it's fair that you don't get all the horses.
    Imagine this, you just repelled an assault and the enemy forces are scattering. If your one of those fleeing soldiers, would you think it's a smart idea to take a horse from camp even if your just a foot-soldier?
    In field battles, horses are going to flee from the chaos if it's riderless, It not just gonna stand there like in-game. And wrangling spooked horses can be a tedious task.

But do you really want more horses? Once you start participating in wars it's very easy to get a lot of horses, more than you'll ever need.
    Unless, of course, you have an army consisted mainly of cavalry.
  5. Sir Squirrel

Question: Contested/Devastated Towns in Rebelion Loop

If you belong to the faction check if you can pass the forgiveness of debts policy, it should help. Grazing rights and trial by jury will help too but only if food and security are stable, other wise their drawbacks can harm.
    I haven't bothered with policies since i started playing.
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  6. Sir Squirrel

If you mean for AI x AI, not much you can do because the AI being deadlocked is part of the anti-snowballing design.
    It would be good for AI to spend more time maintaining fiefs and thier stats and less time raiding and joining armies, but..."fast paced action" ;/
    Yeah I'm starting to realize it at this point that no matter what I do, sell food, solve town issues, etc. even if security is decentand they're not starving. The town is going to rebel at some time all because the A.I. is handling it..
  7. Sir Squirrel

The level 200 perk in Charm (+10 loyalty), well if you have it :smile:
    Ortysia's one of my prefered towns :smile:
    How do you even level a companion to that level? I have a hard time leveling their social skills.
  8. Sir Squirrel

Several things you can do as the player:
    1. Just sit your part in the town. That prevents rebellion entirely, no matter what.
    2. Either place or donate a huge garrison. Rebellions only happen when the militia is more powerful (numbers + tier) than the garrison.
    3. Parade perk in an owned settlement. +5 Loyalty per day gets you out of the danger zone pretty quickly.
    4. Festival and Games daily improvement for more loyalty gain. Also takes advantage of your bonus construction money without actually spending it.
    5. Same culture governor + governor perks for bonus loyalty.
    Thanks for the info.
    I kind of regret not leveling my charm now. Also does the "Parade" perk also affect settlements that don't belong to you? Cause the perk says "When you visit your own settlements". I forgot to mention that I don't have ownership of the town...
  9. Sir Squirrel

"Artisan can't sell goods" quest in your towns

gotcha! still when you change the law in my opinion it should perma solve this problem, it is a shame that some quests have no ideal alternative. They should at least have a different color so i know when i am far, it is not worth it to detour just to be disappointed :/
    Exactly, in a solely game-play point of view, the idea of the "quest" is to be repeatable for money and exp.
    But in a world-building and role-playing point, it's a big shame on how it all works.
    Here's hoping that the quest system gets expanded...
  10. Sir Squirrel

For a bit of context: Ortysia is contested by Aserai, Vlandia, & The Western Empire. It's changed hands and rebelled several times that all infrastructure (yes, all, including the walls) is down to level one. No faction can hold it long enough before it rebels in their face. And the revels can't...
  11. Sir Squirrel

"Artisan can't sell goods" quest in your towns

If you read the flavor text for this quest it's more of a roguery quest. So, in a nut-shell the artisan wants you to become a "mule" to take his goods to a gang leader in another Town. That's why when this quest pops up, there is no penalty to security like the other ones. (Cause its illegal).
    So, it's like a "fencing stolen goods" quest but with extra steps.
  12. Sir Squirrel

let us choose the size and pick our own troops for caravans + no companion needed. Please.

When watching the fighting, numbers seem more important than quality. In Player battles, Looters rout easily, in AI battles, Looters never seem to rout ?

Moral doesn't seem to play a role in simulation battles. It goes on until one side is out of combatants.

Unlike in field battles where moral and player perks (like Terror from Two-handed weapon). You can snipe enemy Lords and cause low-tier troop to run away sooner.

I've even seen Lords run or stay at the edge of a map when they're low on health. It's mostly the high-tier troops that stand their ground only to perish while their liege retreats.
  13. Sir Squirrel

let us choose the size and pick our own troops for caravans + no companion needed. Please.

I think more troops is preferable to higher quality of troops. Because numbers seem to have more weight in simulations. Notice how your tier 6 units gets killed by 5 Looters in auto resolve.
  14. Sir Squirrel

In Progress Companion recruiting Lords in Parties

Done.
    Sovos of the Hand is in Ubold the Brave's Party in this save.
  15. Sir Squirrel

In Progress Companion recruiting Lords in Parties

Summary: Noble Lords and/or companions are being recruited as normal foot soldiers in other parties. And stuck there until the party is disbanded. How to Reproduce: While leading an army liberate any Lord/Companion from hostile parties in a field battle. If the parties in your army are not full...
Back
Top Bottom