Recent content by Sir Crapalot

1. Normal M&B Module System for version 1.010

Worth wainting for.  :grin:
    Thank you very much.
  2. Cyclic drop in FPS during battles

I haven't had any issues of that kind since i've put in the new fan. Now the FPS are proprtional to the amount of troops on screen.
    But I was tampering with the sounddrivers at that point though, had removed them and reinstalled them aproximately at the same time as i put in the fan. But i didn't do anything with the dirctx.

But as i mentioned before my game runs smoothly now. So in my case it seems to have been the vga-fan.
  3. Cyclic drop in FPS during battles

I think I've found the problem.

When i was about to reinstall the sound drivers, the comp kept telling me that the soundcard was not properly installed. So i decided to move it to another pci slot, so that the comp could find it. That's when i saw that the fan to the vga-card had melted. It looked like some christmas ornament, hanging there by a thread.

Well, i replaced the fan, and managed to get the sound working again, and voila, it seems to be working. No more drops. And when you think about it, its seems quite logical that overheating would produce this kind of variation in fps. When the card got too hot it need some time to cool down. And since it would be saturated with input it would adapt the cyclic behavior. That's why the seemingly identical intervals.

I'm gonna do some extensive testing now :smile:, just to be sure. If everything works out properly I'll post an update on the status in a day or 2.

Thank you for your help.

4. Cyclic drop in FPS during battles

Thank you for your answer.

I tried your suggestion with the sound but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.
    At first i removed only the sound variation in the game options,and tried out. No difference. Then i turned off the sound accelerator. Kinda glad that it didn't work out either because it would have been a huge tradeoff, since the sound got really crappy.

The problem is happening both in a saved game, although really early-game save though, but also when starting fresh.

The plan now is to defrag the hardrive, and if that doesn't help, remove the sp3. Hopefully that's where the problem is. But if you have any other ideas I'll give'em a try.

5. Cyclic drop in FPS during battles

Hello I have encountered a really annoying problem that takes the fun out of the game. During battles the FPS drops from an average of 60 to an average of 14FPS about when my main character gets near the enemy troops. But after 30-50 secs, it suddenly jumps up to 60fps again and remains there...
  6. Introduction/Hello thread

Hi

Been playing M&B since this time last year. Great game. Feels a bit weird now that its actually completed.
  7. 1.003 Bug Reports

Aiming the crossbow.
       When riding and shooting with the crossbow, sometimes the game skips the aiming animation after reloading. And the next time the fire button is pressed the bolt
       is  released.
       It can have something to do with, that i sometimes press to aim before reloading the crossbow is complete. But this happened in fights with both looters and sea riders.

Being the last man standing in the arena fights, not the tournament, but not receiving the right pay.
       I just managed to be last man standing in one fight. It all went well except for the bounty. I only received the 25 denars, for the 18 kills, and not the 250. No script
       and  there  were no 250 + in the inventory either. It went only 25+.
       This happened early in game. Lvl 1or 2 in the city of Tihrs arena.

Update. Managed to be the last man stading acouple of more times. This time in Reyvadin. When killing under 20 opponents, there was no reward for being the last man standing, just the 25 denars. But when defeting over 20, 26 exactly in this case, and being the last man stading, then the appropriate 250 denars were recevied.

Don't know if this is a bug, or if its supposed to be like this.-Thanks for poiting it out, i just totally missed it.
       The shopkeepers inventories are a mess. The stuff is no particular order, so it takes a while to browse the items.

I have version 1.003.
  8. Mount&Blade Version 1.011 is ready

I haven't waited the realease of a game this eagerly since Baldurs gate. And i have never played a game for as long as i've played M&B.

Once again. Thank you for this great game. Wonderful job!
  9. Final Release Date

Thank you!

For making such a good game, and for completing it. U guys are great.
Back
Top Bottom