Recent content by Silly joker

1. Just another thread about OP Archers.

Lol the archers, which are tier 5, will of course have the upper hand if you order a charge from that far away. As hruza has said, You need to command them to move in formation as close to their unit as you can, preferably attack from one side at first so they can overwhelm the end of the archer unit and mow down the rest in a line formation charge.

Another thing that I have noticed is because all units are right-handed, the side you are shooting from matters. Infantry wield their shield in their left hand so if archers are shooting at them from the left, it will be blocked. In the case of your video, since it is just a test and there are no other formations to consider, you should move your sergeants in shield wall formation to your right.

In large battles, because the AI is ****, it is useful to just have your infantry in shield wall and hold fire until enemies are close enough. Archers are best behind them and on a hill whenever possible. If you have horse archers place them to the left side of your shield wall to shoot at charging infantry at their weapon hand. Your cav is best used as clean up or to draw attention to expose the weapon hand of enemy infantry to archers. Depending on the situation you may choose to order your horse archers to follow their sergeants because it is the only significant AI improvement from Warband.

With careful timing and repositioning, you can **** on the AI. I set my battle size to 1000 and the most I have been able to kill 1000 troops at best.
  2. Resolved Display bug coovers the whole screen - game unplayable

I am still having this problem as well.

I hadn't played the game for a while after beating the campaign so I thought this had to do with the mods I downloaded the past few days. I have found no bugs reported like this for any of the mods I have installed. Only one post on Reddit from about the time this topic was created.
    I have no idea what causes it but it only happens when looking at certain angles (they change based on character and unit movement) both on the overworld map and especially in battle. It is almost always when I am looking towards a large group of units especially my own troops.

The game becomes really unplayable as battles become larger and I am still in the very early phase.

Side note: who changed my name lol
  3. Resolved Game crashing every time I try to create kingdom (Solved)

Thank you so much for this Ruind!
  4. Resolved Game crashing every time I try to create kingdom (Solved)

Yes, me too. Really hope its fixed soon caue its game breaking. I want my companions to actually do something useful and help me take towns since I am stuck taking castles one at a time and paying 50k to make peace...
Back
Top Bottom