Recent content by Sidneyia

1. Settlement auto-upgrading garrison units is killing my economy AND MY FUN

I also would like the ability to not upgrade the troops. Actually, the more customization the better. We could have a list of all the unit types present in the garrisson and the capability to select the maximum tier we want them to automatically upgrade.
  2. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

I would like to have it like in previous versions. I'm not saying it should be reverted, as the current versions offer other utilities, but I would like the previous customization back.
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Disappointed.

Why? Expectations. Look, I do really understand what Early Access is. Kerbal Space Program was 4 years in early access and it didn't bother me. Why? Because there was no release date. The community of that game understood that there were many things that needed to happen before that game could be released. But when you say that this game (Bannerlord) is going to be released in Q4 2021, you are setting up some expectations. How is Bannerlord going to be finished in a few months time if the patches we get are like this one? I do believe miracles exist, but... seems unlikely. Wouldn't it be better, TaleWorlds, to just have said: We will release this game when ready.? I don't want to think too much ahead of time but releasing an unfinished product into the marked is not toreable and the blacklash will be monumental.
  4. Leveling system still unenjoyable and unbalanced

As a sandbox, this game allows you to play pretty much the way you want. Some people play this game to give commands in battle, other people do it to conquer the world. I am that kind of player that likes the RPG elements: companions, skill progression, inventory, etc. I am that kind of player that inspects the troops before battle, knows all his companions’ names and can recognize them from afar. And I am like: “People, we have to win this battle! For the glory of our clan!” And the clan becomes like a family.

The thing I enjoy the most is leveling, sadly character and companion skill progression is so frustrating and unenjoyable right now that sometimes it’s discouraging to play the game. Every time I recruit a companion I have to use the CharacterManager Mod to make the experience bearable. I do understand though that this is Early Access and that is a work in progress.

Some months ago I thought: “look, developers are implementing all the perks and giving purpose to some unused skills. That’s awesome!” But the truth is that this game released almost a year ago with bare bones character progression: almost no perks were implemented. Beta 1.5.9 is the newest version as of today and they are still implementing systems like prison break, rebellions, etc., core systems that will be used to level up some skills. Now, I do not know if TW has an internal roadmap the developers are following and the skill and XP overhaul is at the end of it, or they are just figuring out everything on the way, but I do not think we will see a skill system rework before they have implemented all these other systems. Sure Charm must have an impact on diplomacy but diplomacy is yet to be implemented. But then I could say: “alright TW, just give us a satisfying leveling system, even if levelling doesn’t mean much.” And that’s true. They could do it. Remove the XP nerf per level. Get rid of that logarithmic progression. On the other hand, developers might think: “Why bother? We will do it later, when we have a reason to”.

And yes, I agree with most of you: I do not understand the reason why leveling prevents you from leveling further. Perhaps the developers could explain us the reason behind this?
Back
Top Bottom