Recent content by Shakalis

1. Shakalis

What does the community want?

For some reason this thread brought me back to the closed/open beta board now gathering dust in the Archives and has given me the urge to post the link to the hilariously sad Premade Classes Discussion thread from the closed beta, for I hope people never forget it, also somehow feels fitting to link it here.

2. Shakalis

Everything bad about the game, sort of (Multiplayer only)

(Couldn't find the thread made by Callum, it's name was something like Class system discussion so if anybody could link that thread, it'd be great

Here is the thread for anyone wondering: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/premade-classes-discussion.387018/

Also if you need anything more from the closed beta forum (everything from july last year to release of EA) its in the archive section of the forum under the name "The Proving Grounds - Beta Discussion"

It was and still is a gold mine since many concerns and issues with the game still hold true to this day and not all have been reposted in the new BL forums when EA launched.
  3. Shakalis

We need duels now

That's a pretty good idea. I will forward the suggestion to the server guy.

Fantastic news :party:

On a side note, and please understand that it is not in an attempt to be a **** but when reading Caps' suggestion that reminded me of something I had forgotten about after giving up on it being a thing during the closed beta. That that very solution was brought up about 5 months ago by.... Armagan himself:

Armagan said:
    I am not sure when we can look into implementing duel, but we'll soon support password protected servers. We can maybe have a quick and dirty duel solution by setting up a TDM server and sharing the password on the forums for those interested.

From that thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/patch-notes-b0-4-0-b0-4-1.390085/post-9189973

I'm mostly wondering if it was forgotten during the wait for passworded servers to be supported, anyways I'm just happy to soon be able to have a dedicated place to test and (hopefully not but we all know how it goes) break the melee :shifty:
  4. Shakalis

I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

I mean look at the few times we got actual, almost meaningfull changes (and I'm not talking about bugfixes) during the closed beta.
    Not after threads and threads of generally polite or respectful feeback that brought nothing but radio silence from the devs, but more often than not those changes came after a wave of unrest on the forum.

What is even more mind-boggling is that these changes were usually coupled with actual communication on their part for a few days, at least untill the unrest died down somewhat. Every times it gave me hope we were finally going somewhere with the beta and that it was not just a pointless waste of everyone's time.

They are capable of communication and changing the game for the better, its just inconsistent and generally in response to backslash.
    Let's hope the mp get some love eventually...

Edit:
    I don't mind giving praise where it's due. Despite still lacking heavily in communication they're doing a good job with SP. Almost daily and relevant changes, some of them clearly done due to feedback.

Can't agree more, the SP is definitly getting some much necessary improvement, mostly from bugfixes (it's still in its early days afterall) but also from feedback, yet again proving they can listen and react to feedback. I wonder if the struggle of the beta was simply due to a lack of manpower to spare in favor of the MP, they were busy getting the SP ready for EA and, looking at how it's still clearly in its infancy (with the base of most systems in place but missing a lot of content), they most likely had a daunting amount of work to do to have it ready in time.
  5. Shakalis

Veteran

As Mabons said it basically renders the crappy inf' selection obselete since same as vlandia's sharpshooter or khuzait's khan's guard you get as much or more armors than infs, a shield and ranged capabilities. This exact feeback can be copy pasted in the other mentionned class' threads.

Some will argue that choosing those classes means no spear, but with how unreliable spears are against cavs and how easy ranged is in BL why would I ever want a spear over a bow, or playing inf over those "archer" classes (more like infchers so far).

On a side note I find it funny how even after the 10 months of beta I've yet to see the so called ease of balancing premade classes argument you loved so much in the premade classes thread...
  6. Shakalis

I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

+1, I do like that change.
    And I personally hate it with passion, I mean okay it looks visually okay but my gripe with it is all the mechanics (or more like how it ****s with existing ones) it brings with it, combine the often awful shields coverages with the absolute lack of mobility as an inf when attacking or blocking and the fact it is easier than ever to hit anything as an archer. I might aswell stop here since you could right a novel with how much is wrong with the mp...

No idea why I'm wasting my time ranting anymore when so much has been reported, discussed etc... during the 10 months of closed beta yet so little changed, let alone acknowledged.

Frankly I don't have the patience to sit through another 10 months of talking to a brick wall as in the alpha/beta. Would appreciate a developer response letting us know whether they intend to do anything at all or we should stop wasting our time. The feedback they need is all there, it has been for months.

Hard to disagree with this post when most of the beta changes were more often than not one step forward two backwards combat wise. The closed beta leaves me in complete agreement with Gibby when it comes to the necessity of the modding tools to make something of the MP (if anyone is still playing by then since we know the tools won't be there for a while).

I might want to add that I damn well hope TW proves us wrong and somehow start doing meaningful changes for the better yet the more time passe the more it feels like wishful thinking.

Edit:
    But then again, it is a new game, things are gonna change. It might be for the best to just get used to the changes

Tell that to Gab with his 900h and all the others that poured countless hours in the beta, sadly there is no getting used to things that just don't work
  7. Shakalis

Fancy Troops (FT)

So fancy I was already convinced when my eyes reached the header banner, except about hippotitis, only thing he is commited to is his virtual pub.
  8. Shakalis

MP Shock Infantry need shields

Alternatively, get rid of the class system and solve any and all issues relating to it.
  9. Shakalis

MP Modified Combat Parameters

snip

Cheers for the video, looks way better than current combat, will have to take some times to try it but it looks more dynamic and lively good job
  10. Shakalis

This forum kind of sucks

Profile -> Summary -> Show posts

As for notifications, perhaps on the new forum?
  11. Shakalis

Verloren Lag Glitch? (DX9)

dx9 and I randomly had this issue throughout the years, always on Verloren, never found a fix, it would be there for some times and then stop happening for a random period of time before popping up again.
  12. Shakalis

The Athenaeum

Count Delinard said:
    This has to be the most beautiful, well presented thread I’ve seen since 2010, your BBcode wizardry is truly unmatched.

Exactly this, couldn't have worded it any better, thanks for the trip down memory lane and the quality list.
  13. Shakalis

Warband servers down = Preparing multiplayer servers for Bannerlord?

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    We are extremely sorry for this issue. We transferred the server to the cloud recently and didn't expect there to be any issues, but clearly, something is wrong. We are investigating the issue and will do our best to get things back to normal as soon as possible.
  14. Shakalis

Feinting - pls give

Just hoping in there, no one probably cares about my opinion but eh.

If the feints are too slow, I'm already seeing people smashing at each others for ages because no one can go through the other's block, what i always enjoyed in warband is the learning curve, at lower levels, you win your fights, at higher levels, you don't win them anymore, you or the other guy lose it, its all about who will do a mistake and die, of course there is a lot of mechanics involved to force the said mistake, and I've always considered feinting to be one of them.

I honestly hope that if they reduce the feints speed to what we have seen, they will add something else to balance it all, else enjoy your never ending duels, but I guess I'll wait and see.
Back
Top Bottom