Recent content by seedee

1. seedee

SP - General Improve the fruits and vegetables

Look at this painting by 17th century artist Giovanni Stanchi. The fruit on the bottom right is the ancestor to the modern watermelon, whereas the watermelon in this game are represented by their modern breed. This is just one example out of other inaccuracies.
  2. seedee

Issues with the "destroy raiders" conspiracy mission

true for the last one, but I never had the first one happen. I've had raiders surrender or even join me (you would be able to do this before since they would frequently starve if you wait long enough) and it always counted. you can report this to the devs and maybe they will fix it.
    I didn't take the looters as prisoners. maybe that had something to do with it.
  3. seedee

SP - General Funding rebuild of villages

You should be able to fund the rebuild of looted villages.
  4. seedee

Issues with the "destroy raiders" conspiracy mission

1) If a group of raiders says they can't fight me and decides to surrender, it doesn't count as a party eliminated, and the quest is bugged 2) Raiders are invincible when fought by a companion's party. The raiders will respawn and my companion continuously loses troops for nothing.
  5. seedee

OSP Kit Optimisation Warband Module System 1.166 (with tweaks and giggles)

Does this work for 1.171?
    I am getting this error:
    Code:
    Exporting module... FAILED.
    COMPILER INTERNAL ERROR WHILE WRECKING tableaus:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "compile.py", line 392, in <module>
        with open('%s/%s' % (folder, filename[1]), 'w+b') as f: f.write(contents)
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Program Files (86)/Steam/steamapps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/Coolsword/tableau_materials.txt'
  6. seedee

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

does ti_on_missile_hit work with melee weapons?

And if not, what will?
  7. seedee

kalarhan said:
    each shop has a script to spawn the items (from a list), that can be filtered by faction.

see script_refresh_center_weaponsmiths for a example.
    Did morghs editor automatically list your item to this script whenever you added an new item?
  8. seedee

What exactly affects your weapons appearing or not appearing in the merchants shops? For example the flintlock pistol, iron staff or rus helmet are usable in game (through cheat menus) yet do not appear in any shops, some of my own items do not appear there either.
  9. seedee

How do you make a "shotgun" bow? I mean make a bow spawn multiple arrows but in a random "cone"
  10. seedee

Error: Illegal Identifier

kalarhan said:
    cd5ssmffan said:
    It does not explain what backstabber, power_gloves, etc is or where this stuff came from or why it is causing errors

did you look inside your ID_items.py? You will notice those entries are missing (they should be there as they are from Native), which indicates your changes on module_items.py are invalid (buggy) and that you need to fix them.

what did you do wrong? That we cant know or answer as you have not showed your code changes. Remember that we can't read your mind or see inside your computer, so it is up to you (the modder) to show us what you are working on (code snippets, screenshots, compiler logs, and all that).

Cheers
    I perfectly understand :grin:
    I have got a fresh copy of the module system 1.171 from the taleworlds server. I have since set my export path in module_info.py and compiled it once (works perfectly)
    Then I used morgh's item editor to add in one single new item. Since then any compile spits outs lots of errors which you can find inside the spoiler. These say illegal identifier for itm_power_gloves, itm_running_boots, itm_weak_beserker_dart etc. (which do not exist in ID_items.py, and quite frankly i am unaware of any such items in game)

So could it be that my download of mod sys is incomplete somehow?
  11. seedee

kalarhan said:
    visit the Q&A thread for quick questions

follow this steps to include new entities like a item, troop, etc:

1) edit the module_XXXX.py file to include your entity
      e.g: for a item you will edit module_items.py
    2) compile your code (build_module.bat)
      -> this will regenerate the ID_items.py file that is used by others like module_scripts.py
    3) use your new entity on another file
      e.g: your new item can now be used on module_scripts.py with ID="itm_XXXX"
    4) compile your code
    5) play
    It does not explain what backstabber, power_gloves, etc is or where this stuff came from or why it is causing errors
  12. seedee

Thanks to the users here for creating various modding guides, they have so far proven very helpful I'm trying to add a new sword into my mod. With a fresh copy of modsys 1.171 everything does compile fine, however if I make any addition to module_items, it spits out this. The mod does work...
Back
Top Bottom