Recent content by Scorch!

1. Scorch!

{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Well, normally I would apply, and hell I almost did when the opportunity came around the first time, but far too many people would dislike yet another KoS player as admin. :razz:
  2. Scorch!

Yeah but Direct needs admin, you know so he can actually admin some working servers for once.

:razz:
  3. Scorch!

I don't think he would do it, but I have to put Papa Lazarou up there, if only because he's so. goddamned. neutral.
  4. Scorch!

Yeah, I am on node but through a Telstra DSLAM, and I got the increased pings. It fixed itself about halfway through the week.
  5. Scorch!

GG TGD, that was a super close match, really fun at the end there, full on fights.

Full score:

TGD (sarranids) 4 - KoS (rhodoks) 8
    TGD (rhodoks) 7 - KoS (sarranids) 8

I only got a score pic of the second go through after the switch, someone else should have the first round:
    POmkx.jpg
  6. Scorch!

Blabil said:
    Can somebody remove New Zealand from the title so we are not associated with these squabbling little fairy princesses they call Australians thanks in advance.
    Hey! **** you buddy! :wink:
  7. Scorch!

pffft I was team hitting before it was on record player. /hipster
  8. Scorch!

He agrees with him. That was the big deal.
  9. Scorch!

Witcher 2

Rams said:
    What happend to to Alvin, Arvin, the little turd from the first game?
    Alvin is indeed the Grandmaster Jaques de Aldesberg from game 1. There are hints dropped all over the place during the game, not to mention the exact dimeritium pendant that he wears is the same one you gave to alvin, just older.
  10. Scorch!

Witcher 2

johncage said:
    he looks better that way. more "rugged"

the default armor sets are too ornate and colorful.
    I'm not sure you know what ornate and colorful mean. Plus a Witcher is not a soldier, he wouldn't be able to fight for **** in full mail and a helmet, nevermind that he looks a right idiot as well.
  11. Scorch!

Witcher 2

I do kinda wish he could wear it with the hood down, though I still think it looks rather badass. It's one of the craftable armors you can make, after some plot events near the end of chapter 1.
  12. Scorch!

Witcher 2

Oh God, the pretties, I must share them!

tJnFr.jpg

t5gUY.jpg

aXjht.jpg

ZYTLG.jpg

3UfWI.jpg

O7sBm.jpg

Ly4HQ.jpg

e3Tzp.jpg

5xsIE.jpg

Q6YiF.jpg

19q6F.jpg

5rqLE.jpg

This game is gorgeous in every sense of the word. It's not just the amazing graphics, it's the excellent art direction. Everything has it's place in the game. Runs like silk too, even though I have everything on max except for UberSampling, and crossfire doesn't even work yet, so I can still squeeze more out of it once it does. :grin:

Combat was difficult for a while there, but once you get the hang of your timing, when to attack and when to get the **** out of the way, you'll have a much easier time of it. I really do like remaining versatile, using a combination of potions, spells, swordplay and traps/bombs/throwing weapons to kill everything. It is similar in some ways to games like Batman Arkham Asylum and Assassins Creed, which is not a bad thing at all.

So far the story is great as well, remaining very true to the original game yet improving on the way it delivers it.

Minor Quibbles:
    * The non support of 16:10, which results in the black bars you see in those screenies (will be patched soon apparently).
    * The UI, while practical, doesn't make best use of the screen, fonts are slightly too large in menus, and certain elements take up far too much screenspace for what they do.
    * The annoying way that you have to move through environments. I see a cliff about the height of other cliffs that Geralt has vaulted before, yet he is unable too. It's a bit silly, but part of how the world loads I guess.

Overall this game is an amazing RPG and I reccomend anyone who enjoys RPG's to buy and play this one, even if you don't get the first (which you should since it's so cheap anyway. :razz:)
  13. Scorch!

Witcher 2

Well the main problem with me not getting my hands on the DLC is that if I keep playing I am going to eventually pass Chapter 1 and not be able to play the DLC mission at all, so I am kinda hesitant. :razz:
  14. Scorch!

Witcher 2

Well to be fair, I have had problems, for instance I have not been able to download and install the Troll Mission DLC, the launcher downloads it, then tries to verify, but since the server is down it can't, then decides to delete what it downloaded and download it again. Rather annoying, but as if I am going to go on a rage about how they have failed me and I want to eat their children. :razz:
  15. Scorch!

Witcher 2

Anyone been on the GoG forums for Witcher 2? It's ****ing hilarious, people left right and center complaining that the game is consolized. :lol:

Some people will nitpick any game to death given the chance, I imagine life must be incredibly crappy for such people.
Back
Top Bottom