Recent content by RPGArcher

1. SP - General Bows too precise at low levels

I agree. I mostly only use bows in arena, but I've never felt like my character skill or the bow accuracy caused me to miss, even with my 20 whatever in bows
  2. SP - General Better Bandits

right now they're a little bland, some things I think could improve them: 1) let them combine forces. when two parties are near each other they have a chance to merge. maybe the chance is based on bandit types (sea raiders and mountain bandits are unlikely to get along for example) 2) let them...
  3. SP - General More Renown Sources

I would love every named NPC to have a bounty based on their strength/level, and then you get a renown bonus the first time you deal them a felling blow, be that in a battle, or a tourney
  4. SP - General craftable armor

this has to be in the works right? might need to change "smithing" to "crafting", and consolidate some of the perks. being able to turn linen and leather into light armor would be a welcome way to gain smithing points that doesn't involve mountains of hardwood Bows, arrows,shields, and...
  5. SP - General What do healers do

what a healer does to my knowledge:

when a unit is dealt lethal damage, the game rolls based on your available healer to see if they are wounded or dead. wounded units in your army can recover, wounded enemies can be captured

Healers help wounded units recover to their normal usable status outside of battle. they also help heroes recover missing hp (anyone who isn't a hero just has 2 settings, injured or not)

generally speaking wounded heroes skills don't work, soit's generally good to not get them too involved in combat, so they can help the party recover afterwards.

PS: this doesn't really belong in the "feedback and suggestions" forum
  6. SP - General More. Duels.

this is silly and impractical. I love it
  7. SP - General Big Ol' Weapon Crafting, Aesthetics and Balance Thread

I'm not the sort to particularly care about the aesthetics/design of things, but I read the entire post and agree with most of it. I did want to throw one mention on smithing stamina:
    I think a queue would add a lot more complexity to the UI, and the programming, which are both bad things. I think the way to make smithing less onerous is to make refining faster, in particular make charcoal much easier to get, and have perks unlock bulk refining of lower tier bars. The reason smithing is frustratingly slow is that right now, even with the charcoal perk it's still 23 smithing actions required to make 1 ingot of thalmaskene (30 if you don't have the charcoal perk)

I made a thread about this if you want to see my opinions in more detail
  8. SP - General skill gain difficulty option

I know some people *love* a game that takes hundreds of hours to get anywhere. your character building a long-running career of accomplishments. here are some things I like: trying out new character builds trying out new mods joining different factions what do all of these have in common...
  9. SP - General Skill perks more interesting / significant choices

I agree, a lot of the perks are too small, or the choices insignificant. especially with how slowly skills grow in the game a *lot* of them feel very lackluster
  10. SP - General Charge damage and horse armor

I think the base horse could still have damage, but then have the armor add damage, and make the total just the sum of the 2. not hard. I would love charge damage to actually be meaningful (which it is not right now)
  11. SP - General Introduce defensive Coalitions as definitive fix for snowballing.

totally agree. I also like that this isn't thousands of hours of programming like a lot of suggestions.

in my single player game I'm about a year of game time in,still in the "fight bandits,make money, raise skills" part of my game, but one faction owns close to half of the world, and I'm worried there will only be one empire by the time I actually want to get involved in that sort of thing
  12. SP - General Charcoal and smithing

I am trying to raise smithing. I have basically crashed the world supply of hardwood. I have gone back and forth between the areas that produce hardwood, even in villages that produce it the price is up to 40. in cities that aren't linked to a hardwood village the price is up to 80+. I think...
  13. SP - General Sword on a mount

I have mostly used very long 1h swords and had little problem with this, but recently I started trying to raise my 2h skill, and despite having a 2h sword with over 130 length, all of my swings go over the heads of ground troops. I basically have to look at my mount's feet to swing low enough to hit them
  14. SP - General Arena should give XP

100% agree. I always liked that got to some minimum level in all my weapon skills just by playing in a lot of tournaments
Back
Top Bottom