Recent content by Rose.

1. Rose.

~~~VOTE FOR THE SERVER NAME~~~ (No Rule Server)

popcorn_yes.gif
  2. Rose.

~~~VOTE FOR THE SERVER NAME~~~ (No Rule Server)

Interesting promotion you doing here. :wink:
  3. Rose.

Aachen PW *Added Poll please Vote*

SpruceTrap said:
    P.S. - I randomed at least 24 players on your server last night and didn't get kicked once.

You are a precious addition for the Persistent World community.  :roll:
  4. Rose.

[Map] Borderlands (PW Beta 5)

Hej everyone :wink:

I would like give you a small preview of the big Map-update which will be released soon.(In 1-2weeks)
    There well be a lot of fundamentally changes and improvements, especially regarding the roleplay content of the map.
    As already announced on our forum(www.pw4-union.com), there will be a whole new town, which will be mostly only for a peaceful roleplay.
    Inside the town there will be roleplay possibilities like owning and running shops(for amour/weapons/clothes/food) and also a townhall, a church and 2-3
    individual clan/faction houses will be added.

In the town are 2 factions added:
    - 1. "Old Port"
    - 2. "Old Port guards"

1. This is a friendly merchant faction which "owns" the town. It is a roleplay only faction, which cant be in war with other factions.
    But of course there can be events like:
    - Naval Invasion of Old Port by Avalon(or other factions)
    - Outlaw raids on Old Port
    - Rebellion against the Crown of Old Port

2. This is very similar to the "Townwatch" faction in other servers. The differences is, that they mainly secure the port of the City, and the safety of the village(outside the town).
    They are an independent faction and they have to arrange/interact with the owners of Old Port. This faction can also give many opportunities for events like:
    - Rebellion against the Lords of Old Port
    - Alliance attack with Old Port against an Faction(Avalon/Sargoth/Shariz)
    - Naval Battle against a faction

Beside adding the factions and the town there will be some essential changes of the map. Like deleting the tunnels and make a small island for the outlaws, from where they can start raids against a faction or castle. Also we will reduce the paths to the castles, because they were to long.
    And of course many fixes and gameplay balances like fixing the "made in china" ladders and balancing the amount of money making. So it will be more difficult to make money, to encourage people for teamwork and roleplay.

Overall there will  be a lot of changes and improvements and we would be glad for any comment, suggestions or constructive criticism. :wink:

Screenshots:

Oldport

22728,mb102HT54X.jpg

Oldport Village

22731,mb1035PVNJ.jpg

Oldport Habour

22729,mb105DCM4U.jpg

Thanks for reading :wink:

5. Rose.

A new version is out.

Change log here and at the end of the first post.

-Outposts completely reworked
    -Added brigand/ruffain train at the outposts
    -Low gear, Weapons/amour at outposts added
    -Buidable bridge defense added
    -export chest money reward is lower. Fromm 100% to 50%
    -some terrain changes
    -reduced houses at castles
    -castles and outposts renamed
    -reduced iron rocks 
    -Commoner serf train at villages 
    -Peasant staff at merc camps 
    -Stockpiles at lienen/animal pens added
    -lienen stations reworked
    -Shariz castle, town quater got reworked
    -reduced animal price
    -many small bug fixes
    -and much other stuff which I forgot to mention
  6. Rose.

Nimueh said:
    I hosted it on my server and everyone liked it, but we had to take it down because there was no place to sell iron ore.  :~(

If there is a way to sell ore I would love to have permission to host it.  :smile:)))

I never gave you the permission to use this map for your server. I dont think its okay, just to use a map without asking me
    and the other mapper. Please put it down and ask us next time.
  7. Rose.

@ Pendanyk

Thank you for your useful suggestions and construct criticism. I will look at it and try to bring more "diversity".
    Please keep up with your great comments  :wink:

@ Stardown

To be honest, I dont really know which barricade you mean. But I can try to shorten the road a bit.
    Thanks for your input!  :smile:
  8. Rose.

Barradin said:
    Based on reading what you have so far, my only suggestions would be to increase the amount of trees on the map, and perhaps take away a few player carts/packs, for there seems to be quite a few.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will take a look at it and if needed adjust it.

Vornne said:
    While the play style of this scene is different and seems interesting, I have a small gripe: the rocky and snowy mountain peaks are far too rounded (similar to VoS, which is probably the main reason I dislike the aesthetic feel of that scene). Search images on the internet if you haven't seen many in real life (search for "New Zealand Southern Alps" for the ones I live near): while from some angles there could appear to be rounded shapes, they will almost always be made up of sharper ridges and points visible from other angles; the steep but rounded cone shapes are uncommon enough for grassy hills, let alone for mountains made of rock, ice and snow. When scene makers leave sharp terrain edges in low grassy areas it can look bad, but I think the opposite can be true if you are trying to make a mountain - just don't go overboard in making every mountain covered in little sawtooth shapes.

To demonstrate, this is commonly what mountains in a PW scene look like:
    mb44.jpg

I am suggesting terrain more like this:
    mb45.jpg

Instead of just making mountains with a wide brush radius and low hardness, leaving it at that, turn the brush size down to 10 - 3 and increase the hardness to maximum, then paint some ridges and peaks up the sides and on top. Then you could try mixing terrain textures to have rock faces on the steeper parts, with snow / earth / steppe / forest / pebbles more on the flatter bits; whatever seems realistic, breaks continuous patterns, and looks nice.
    Just my personal preference, carry on :wink:.

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it. :smile:
    I understand your point and it make sense. I will experiment on this case and change it if it fits.
    For now I leave it be, but maybe in a next update it will be included.

Alekseev370 said:
    And maybe now, I'll be able to earn some money by running a faction, instead of losing money. Can't wait!

Yes being a Lord is very rewarding. But you have also spend a lot of money, to remain your faction.
    Overall the lord position will be more respected and worth playing it.

doctorwarband said:
    Rose! My man! You remember me? I'm Augustus!

No sorry  :sad:

robindelang2 said:
    Since when you are RRC rose? :grin:

:???:  :wink:
  9. Rose.

Borderlands Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?5k0wv00xw10i98g scn_scene_12 scene_12 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000...
Back
Top Bottom