Recent content by RodriguesSting

1. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

I noticed there is a Rohan Skirmisher variant that is unmounted and can't be upgraded. Furthermore, the gray Courser got more health than the white one despite having the same cost.

Edit: The gray one is used by veteran raiders, lancers, and skirmishers. Maybe it was supposed to be an intermediary horse between the courser and the warhorse? Although the hunter could fill that hole, and isn't used at all.

Edit 2: The Chieftain Blade of the Dunlanders is ridiculously quick, even on the standard version. While it does give the Wolf Guard one more trick other than the wolves to compete against the Night Wolves javelins, maybe it is a bit OP? Like, it is pretty much impossible to duel them.

Edit 3: So I decided to drop my Rohan campaign on day 300 something and leave my aar. We very quickly managed to get Isengard. I was hopeful the Dunlendings would quickly follow, but around that time, the enemy took over Cair Andros and W. Osgiliath, resulting on a flood of raiders and warparties roaming in between Gondor and Rohan. Said roving bands would slaughter Rohirrim caravans going to Gondor, thus permanently keeping their faction strength very low, thus not allowing them to ever finish off the Dunlendings, thus never starting patrol missions in Gondor. No good. Eventually I got oathbreaker and decided it was not worth it anymore.

Edit 4: What exactly is the maximum party size I can have hiding from the enemy and how does Wildcraft affect it?
  2. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Is the Noldor Bow the only bow with Piercing damage that can be used on horseback? And do humans have any (non reward) piercing bows of any kind?
  3. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

They often do. Try to hold your troops back in hopes to getting the enemy piecemeal and bring more ranged troops to thin the numbers before they get to you.

Edit: Scout camps are way worse. Specially the non-fortified ones. Face a faction with lots of throwers, like Dunland or Gundabad, and it is literally hell.

Edit 2: Is this the most active channel of discussion about the mod?
  4. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Final stages of the campaign (well, before the War of the Two Towers, hopefully) are being quite awkward. Gondor is reduced to Dol Amroth and Hanneth Anun, but the factions are barely sieging Dol Amroth. Besides, my wise decision of not allowing commanders to be killed lead to Gondor having all the commanders in Dol Amroth bolstering the garrison to frankly impossible levels. Then I saw a whole lot of faction armies marching to it, barely containing my smile, just to see most of them go NOPE and turn back, leaving just the 400 strong AT BEST Umbar army to face off the 1000+ garrison. Sure, every soldier in the garrison killed takes a good while to come back, but lords go back almost instantly with their armies full. If only multiple factions could partake in a siege...

Well, guess I am leaving lord deaths on. Better having my faction castrated than this ****show by the end.

Edit: Also, every faction army is spending like 90% of the time patrolling around Ithilien.
  5. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Raise Troops is still buggy. Not nearly as much as before, but can still dead end on some occasions. Namely, proposing to train the recruits while the lord is on the field. Failing to knock all of them on the same bout leads to not being able to finish the quest. Other than that, there are still a couple issues. If you get knocked out in the arena without downing a single one, it resets, but you have even less health. If you down even a single one (while the lord is in a settlement I guess), you can claim the same reward you would get by actually raising the troops.

Edit: I would like to correct the last point. Handling troops offers a substantially better reward. So I guess that aspect is working.

Other quests that seem to be working well but the rewards are very underwhelming are the lead slaves/refugees and kill x bandit troops, by the guildmasters. No influence, a pitiful amount of rank, and nearly no resources.

Before I forget, can't access arena in Dunnish Camp.

Edit: Apparently I can still butcher lords for human meat despite being human and having disabled lord deaths on the options. I would also like to use the opportunity to point out that most of their special items are extremely underwhelming. Of course, the bonus skill ones are handy as always, in their case, Garlic for +1 Wound Treatment and Evil Torque for +1 Power Strike, can't complain, they're cheap. The problem is that from all their special equipment, only two are really worthwhile. The Masterwork Chieftain Sword is great, first for being masterwork, and secondly, for being on a very solid base sword, that you can't get otherwise. Their Lordly Chieftain (?) Armor is the exact same case. But the reinforced shield is pretty pathetic. The balanced pike and reinforced antler helm you can also pass. Maybe you guys should consider making some exclusive equipment for them just for these rewards. If not Enedwaith style, maybe something on Isengard style, but made for men.

Edit 2: The Dunnish messenger is Khandish, both skin and armor. Also noticed that Glum seems to count like a mounted troops for party movement, which is nice.

Edit 3: I would like to invite everyone to try out the Rank 9 reward Masterwork Chieftain Blade. Andúril got nothing on this ligthsaber. Also, the upkeep reduction is kinda noticeable, problem is, by that point, you don't really have much to spend your resources on. Sitting on well over 75K with companions decked on their respective faction gear. Maybe something to consider for future releases.

Edit 4: Save right after taking Edoras is broken.
  6. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

I am playing with Dunland now. They are, of course, meant to be a minor evil faction (in fact, so minor, that Isengard got access to their troops on their own settlements), and, theoretically, the weakest one, being human, but being borderline caveman level. Well, they may be primitive, but I can't really say they are weak. I am going around with a big Crebain/Raven Rider host (as usual, cavalry army for strategic mobility), and they do pack a wallop with their plentiful javelins, being useful even in sieges. Take a bit of micro in the battlefield, but surprisingly, not much, as they don't seem to use the javelins as last resource, unlike Rhovanion Marchwardens (and not being from a secondary troop line also helps with fielding numbers). Not sure about their other troops, as I only saw their stats, but in general, Dunlanding's very low level and stout troop tree means you can get the "elites" quicker, which is very handy, allowing you to have a semi-orc gameplay style, but without ravenous troops and having the kill a lieutenant every two days.

That said, maybe they could be a bit expanded to get out of the shadow of Isengard? Maybe have their troop tree upgraded/changed after taking Rohan down, using looted equipment and/or attracting other tribes from Enedwaith to the war. Also the chieftain sword bonus of reducing their upkeep is really unnecessary, considering how cheap the troops are.

Edit: I also would like to point out that despite their equipment being very primitive, it is not nearly as bad as it seems. The antler ax hits pretty hard with a decent reach, while the war axe hits very hard with a much smaller reach. Javelins also hit very hard, and their highest tier of armor is competent, being roughly equivalent to Khand medium armor despite looking like an amalgam of rust and stinky hides.

Edit 2: After one of my lords died, we pretty much stopped all campaigns. We are not sieging anymore, just patrolling. I think I will disable lord deaths next game.
  7. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

For curiosity sake, what inspired the creation of the in the mod units? Did you use a tabletop as basis for stats and roles?

Edit: A scout camp was spawned in an inaccessible part of Mirkwood.

41392402_1534102230068808_2401936941047087104_n.jpg
  8. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Thanks for fixing Dale's smithy selection. Being able to get armor for all your companions without having to gift other faction leaders is something you just learn to appreciate in absence.
  9. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Plans to fix Dale's smiths selections anytime soon? I also noticed some inconsistent values through certain equipments, like the brown tower shield being significantly better than the blue one despite having the same cost, and the dwarven shield being nowhere closer as the de-facto dwarven round shield.
  10. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Playing a lot of Dale recently, I noticed the only body armor they sell is the lamelar over mail, which makes kinda difficult to equip some of my companions due the STR requirements.

Also, I kinda need some advice. As I asked on steam right here, I was wondering if a party mostly of Rohavion horsemen would be viable to tackle on scouts and small raiding parties in order to help with the war effort.

For convenience sake and to save up space, the exact post is available on the spoilers down bellow
    Dale cavalry army viable?
    So I decided to take an entirely different approach to the game and, instead of gigantic infantry armies eating away my resources, I am taking cavalry armies, the largest I can take while moving around fairly quickly (7.0 map speed). The goal is to have an army small enough to catch up with scouts on a reasonable timeframe that, hopefully, outnumbers and outmatches the scouts, because I find fighting the larger parties to not be very profitable attrition-wise. I don't know how much of an effect it is going to have on the overall war effort, but it works for me. Now, I attempted this with Dale, with mixed results. The Rohavion rider line seems pretty questionable. The rider themselves are fairly good, but the horses seem a bit too light for my liking, dying quickly and getting bogged down by orcs that I hoped to mercilessly outmatch. Besides, the Marchwardens, my goal unit due to the javelins, barely uses them at all, more often than not just charging straight on the enemy. Am I using them wrong?
  11. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Is there a list of the books available on this mod, and the character creation choices effects? To plan an optimal character, you see.
  12. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Would be pretty cool if the player could be allowed to make a kingdom with a foreign culture, like Barclay or Mettenheim. Local troops (let us call them Colonial troops) could be tunned down version of the mercenaries, as some sort of local auxilia, either inspired by their training methods and equipment, or designed around to cover their flaws (like Mettenheim Colonial Horseman, to cover Mettenheim's lack of cavalry). The mercenaries could substitute the nobles.

I just believe it would be nice if the player could bring something new to the table other than the Pendorian culture (which is great, of course, but I would just appreciate more options).
  13. Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

Finally the winged mace will not look like a piece of burned brass. It will be aesthetically pleasing to have your companions using them.
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Lore

That story on the first section is real? Like, the world of Pendor was created by that guy?
  15. Optimal early game?

So, while at that, could someone please suggest me some basic trade routes?
Back
Top Bottom