Recent content by qvacus

1. Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Redleg said:
    qvacus said:
    I would like to suggest that you increase the map size, as it stands they are rather tiny. I am not a modder and have only had limited success on this front. If at all possible I rather liked the system in POP where you could configure the random battlefield size in-game, though I realize that such may not be possible seeing as POP has its own unique and very old scripts.

Thanks,
    Keep up the great work!

I assume you mean the size of the battle map rather than the campaign map.  It is certainly possible to do this, although I am concerned that it will negatively affect performance on lower-end PCs.  I will take a look into it.  I think you might be the first person to suggest larger maps.

After a bit more messing around with the scenes.txt file I got it to work pretty well, it seems that your fears of performance impact have some ground. It messes with the FPS a little bit, though, admittedly I am also running 500 man battles. To clarify what I meant when talking about POP battlefields there was an "adaptive" or some such option that uses different battle map sizes depending on the number of units.

If you do choose to go through with making the battle maps larger I would suggest not making the x and y values too large, and keep the terrain as flat as possible, the larger map sizes seem to exaggerate most hills and valleys.

Also, thank you for your quick response, good luck to ya!
  2. Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

I would like to suggest that you increase the map size, as it stands they are rather tiny. I am not a modder and have only had limited success on this front. If at all possible I rather liked the system in POP where you could configure the random battlefield size in-game, though I realize that such may not be possible seeing as POP has its own unique and very old scripts.

Thanks,
    Keep up the great work!
  3. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Can I make a request? Well if I can I would like to suggest the mod Silver Stag. Im sure that there are some form of copy rights but if you could well yeah so could you please do it. thank you. 
  4. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Could i recomend having this work for a mod? Well if so i want to recommend Wind of the War. im not sure if there are copyrights permissions or what but if you can could you add this for a tweak data base please.
Back
Top Bottom