Recent content by projecthamster

1. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Okay so I am trying to use modmerger due to the suggestion, it seems like it'd be very useful to, but there's something I can't wrap my head around. I'm not stupid, but I can be slow to understand things sometimes.

Anyway, so I installed it into the module system folder I was using for my mod and it works fine, it's all good, then it says to merge mods the other mod also has to be modmerged, but I am trying to add diplomacy. I'm guessing it's possible to edit already made mods using the module system, but whenever I do it just wipes them over with the native files... I'm obviously missing something very obvious, how do I use the module system on already made mods? Sorry if this is something very obvious or if I'm missing something, I can be very blind sometimes.

Edit: Also I do realise there is an already made pack with Dip and other useful mods in, I just feel as though going forward this is something I need to know.

Edit two: I think I may have figured it out, people have been saying it this whole time, I am dumb. Still I wont be against any more advice.
  2. SP Tutorial Module System Complete Guide to Adding Factions

Okay, so I just started doing this and I'm making a tiny kingdom. One city, one king. I copied King Graveth and made him into my own king:

["kingdom_5_lord",  "King Graveth",  "Graveth", tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_5,

["kingdom_7_lord",  "King Odor",  "Odor",  tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_7,

However, when I try and make him the king of my own custom town (I tested it, the town works fine) like this:

(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_23", "trp_knight_7_lord", 0),

The build_module comes up with these errors:

Error: Unable to find object:trp_knight_7_lord
    ERROR: Illegal Identifier:trp_knight_7_lord

Is there something I missed out?

Edit: You know what I think I might have figured it out and I'm just stupid, lemme check.

Edit 2: Nope just stupid or missed something. I am quite tired.

Edit 3: Nope something I did seemed to fix it. I don't even know anymore
  3. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thank you! This should help me out a lot. I'll let my brain have a rest then i'll get on with trying this all out. Thanks once again.
  4. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Okay, so I've been posting these questions around and haven't been able to find much help yet and I don't feel like sifting through thousands of pages to see if they've already been answered, although I could try if I must. So anyway, yeah, making a small mod for me and a few friends and need help with a few things. I'm managing for the most part, but I'm still new at this.

First off, how do I get Diplomacy into my mod without overwriting what I've already done to it? If I can't do that can I use build_module without writing over the diplomacy additions?

Second, I want to create a new start where you begin as a king, but I can't seem to find any tutorials on how to do this. If there are any, or if anyone knows how to, that would be great.

Finally, is there a way to make a town start off being owned by a small group of bandits or something? My mod involves taking a town at the start of the game as your factions starting point in Calradia. If not, i'm going to have to create a whole new faction just to take it from.

There are probably a few other small things I'm forgetting, but these are my main issues. Thank you for any help!
  5. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Hello, I don't know if this question has already been answered but are any of the companions nobles? and if so which?
Back
Top Bottom