Recent content by pinkycatcher

1. An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

The fact that they're reading this is very promising and as someone who doesn't play with mods or mod themselves, I'm still glad it's being looked at.
  2. An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

Awesome, good to hear. From what I think is happening is that TW is just trying to push out tons of updates but not actually spending time on the core code base.

Because it's EA people want to see progress and keep interest in the game, so the things they're incentivized to do is stuff that's visible, look at this new feature, look at this update that adds armor or changes combat. They're not incentivized to make good code for the future.

I think an apt metaphor is they're building a house they already sold and the buyers stop by every week to see progress so they're putting up walls to show they have made progress rather than building a solid foundation and then building walls on top of that.

They seem to be making short sighted decisions that will hurt them in the long run. Modding specifically uses that foundation to build their own walls which is why only the modding community spoke up.
Back
Top Bottom