Recent content by PerXX

1. Community Patch does not work with the latest update

Expect all/most mods to break with every new patch. The CP will have to release a new version compatible with the new patch.
  2. Should javelins get nerfed?

Agreed. I think the Roman's threw their pila at 20ish meters?

On the other hand, people move a lot faster in Bannerlord than in real life, so the range has to be extended to make up for that.
  3. The end of an Era

Bannerlord certainly has a lot of potential, but as of now, it's pretty much only got graphics to brag about. In pretty much every other situation, Warband is a better game.

I still believe Bannerlord will surpass it in the future as development continues, but right now it's a poor show for a game that's been in development in 10+ years.
  4. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Great Poll about textile Colour

A unified, single colour scheme for factions are a horrible idea.

That being said, there should be a wide array of colours within each army troop type.
    Particular colours like green, yellow, orange, brown, maroon, pink and blue would be available to the average peasant. Variations of all these could be in all troop-trees.

Full-on bright colours like red, purple and black would generally be limited to the nobility, though even then a single garment like a hat in that colour would be acceptable for anyone.
  5. Corrupt Savegame

last_savegame_backup save was able to do it. Thanks!
  6. Corrupt Savegame

I'm not sure if there's anything you guys can do to help. It seems my savegame have gotten corrupt. I've played up to day 45, but now when I try to load it, the game CTD's. I can load other savegames fine. I'm using the latest version of Warband and VC. I have used kaggrim's tweak to change...
  7. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

Faenwulf said:
    toxic-nova said:
    I'm not sure how well developed the Viking trading empire was. I know Vikings, or Varangian Guards, were special soldiers even in the Byzantine Empire. So from pure facts Viking could have knowledge of old Roman warfare and knowledge about their wars. But, I don't think that Viking trading worked this way.
    And which Nordic god represents the archer?  :wink:

Well, the Vikigns probably had contact with the Magyars in Hungary, which were extremely adept at riding and hrose archery. But it wasn'T something that a Viking Warband would train - no place for horses for every warrior on a longship. As I said there are finds that hint at composite bows in Birka, to be exact wall mounts of a type that were used by said Magyars for their side quivers, which were rather large and included a small 'roof' to keep the arrows dry. But it is probably that in this case those bwos were used by Magyar mercenaries paid for by the Birka garrison since the Svear (and other Nordic peoples) didn't rely on Bows as a weapon but rather as a tool for hunting.
    If you're interested have a look at this short archeological paper: http://www.academia.edu/1429936/Eastern_archery_in_Birka_s_Garrison
    That article also mentions a possible composite bow shortly glimpsed in Beowulf.
    For the possible evidence of one composite bow used in iceland, have a look at this neat homepage: http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_bow.htm

And the gods for archery were Ullr and Skadi; both gods of archery AND hunting. In Ullrs Case also Skiing. :grin:

While I agree that horse archery have no place in Britain and Scandinavia at the time, I certainly don't agree that the bow wasn't an important weapon of war for the Vikings.
    Strong bows have always been important in Scandinavia. Even in the stone age, the Danish had bows with a similar draw power as the Medieval English Longbow (the Holmegaard bows).
    During the Viking Age, the Irish had two words for bows. One Irish word for hunting bow, and a Norse word for War Bow.
    Also, while obviously symbolic, the fact that during the Battle of Svolder, the Hero Einar Tambarskjelve's bow breaks, and the breaking of the bow is said to be the sound of the sound of King Olaf loosing control of Norway. Symbolic of course, but proves the importance of the bow for the Norse peoples.
  8. Morrigan story question (spoiler alert)

(Having not yet played the new campaign story)
    Keep in mind that The Morrigan is not an actual single person. She is a Tripple-Goddess. She is the Maiden, The Mother and the Crone.
    The Maiden represents youth, birth, new starts, enthusiasm and expansion and is symbolised the waxing Moon.
    The Mother represents sexuality, ripeness, fulfilment, stability, power and life and is symbolised by the full Moon.
    The Crone represents death, endings, wisdom and knowledge, and is symbolised by the waning Moon.

She can appear as either one of the above, or a combination of them all. Meeting her can be both be a sign of victory in your next battle, or you imminent death. She can ensure both your success or failure.
    The Morrigan is fickle as nature, and can support you one day and turn you on the next.
    She can determine your fate, but you cannot trust her.
    She is not someone you want is your party.

(Or she could not at all be inspired by the Irish Mythology, and just be a random female warrior Brytenwalda team decided to add)

9. She won't get married

Dokka said:
    And here I thought this DLC was called Viking Conquest, but it is a conquest of war, not of love, unfortunately we can't simply besiege a castle and "take" the lady with us, would be a very good idea, someone, make a mod for it please, my viking experience isn't full without this option.

I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not; the Vikings actually did very little "Rape and Pillage". Pillage sure, but they actually much preferred to marry the local women.
    Women in general had much more value and personal rights in Norse culture than they did when Christianity took over.
  10. Stamina in Viking Conquest

90% of a "real battle" is maneuvering, not actually fighting.
    In real life people rarely want to engage in hand-to-hand combat if any other way is possible. Hand-to-hand means likely grave injuries.
    Once actual battle happened, it was usually no more than 10-20% that actually fought before one party fled the scene.
    Most of the time the outcome of the battle is quite obvious very early in the fight.
  11. Soapstone

Hm, seems I might not be able to complete the quest :sad:
    When I talk to various lords and ladies, the quest giver Ragnhild Ragnarsdottir is said to be in Skyfa, but when I go there, only Blaeja the wife of Sigurd Ormr in Auga is present..
  12. Soapstone

Hah, thanks guys!
    The way the Lady spoke, it seemed like it was some sort of special ware that I needed to find a special merchant to buy from :smile:
  13. Soapstone

A lady asked me to buy her some soapstones, but I have no idea where to buy some. She said something about a merchant near the outskirts of town I think, but I've been all over the town (Ribe) and not found any special merchant. The goods merchant doesn't sell soapstones. There are also no...
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Scorpia said:
    mabhalsahari said:
    that is a very underwelming trailer. i hope they will show more than this
    It's not the trailer. It's a gameplay video.

Well, they called it a Gameplay Video.. but it really didn't show off much of any gameplay.
    I agree, this is a disappointing video, especially after so long with so little news.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Guys... stop being twats.
Back
Top Bottom