Recent content by Octaviux

1. Octaviux

Dev Blog 01/03/2018

I prefer the two-hump war camel for extra couched damage
  2. Octaviux

Dev Blog 22/02/18

Beautiful interiors allowed by this engine. Also enjoy that the Lord/King sitting on the throne in other blogs
  3. Octaviux

Dev Blog 15/02/18

The silly tassel hats require that they must be put to the sword and they shall
  4. Octaviux

Dear PS4 Players, what's it like over there?

Only seems to be 2 or 3 servers with any players most days on PS4.  Not many TKers and they normally get kicked after a couple rounds.  Don't know much about the clan scene, I've seen teams practicing and fighting in formation before since there aren't private servers
  5. Octaviux

Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

Being able to have children, watch them grow up, have them be a companion in your party when they become an adult and play as them when your main character dies of old age or if you get captured and murdered would be my #1 feature.  Basically an endless game if you're careful or until you conquer calradia.
  6. Octaviux

No Appearance at PC Gamer 2018

It doesn't seem they will be attending, I don't take it as a bad thing.  It does take resources to make polished demos and they've done several in the last year or so.  I would rather they keep giving 100% to finish the game.
  7. Octaviux

How old are you ppl waiting for bannerlord?

Alas, 8 years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable community.  I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  8. Octaviux

Dev Blog 08/02/18

Interesting read to begin understanding the lay of the land and some motivations
  9. Octaviux

Dev Blog 01/02/18

I'm happy with the breadth and variance of the armor and troops that continue to be unveiled.  It will make it truly feel like different cultures and areas of the world and not just everyone wearing mail for example.  Siege engines and destructible castles was always a dream item for Warband, can't wait to see how it functions in bannerlord.
  10. Octaviux

Dev Blog 25/01/18

I appreciate the contextual animations to convey characters emotions or their level of approval with your actions.  I hope that there is proper lip syncing if there are characters that speak however.  I continue to be amazed at games that can't get that right when there are games that have, all the way back in 2004 such as Half-Life 2.
  11. Octaviux

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Vikings discover America in 1000AD.  Saxons, Vikings, Celts start colonies and war with each other and the Natives.  Could be set 1050AD.  Bison mounts FTW
  12. Octaviux

Money Making (Why is it so hard?)

Owning a Town is the easiest no-effort way of making money IMO.  So you just need to build up your army good enough to take one yourself and then you're basically home free.  I also increase my leadership skill as fast as I can as it reduces army wages significantly.  Once you get to 6,7 you will really see a difference.  So doing that and owning a Town and you'll be pulling in thousands each weekly payday while doing nothing.  The quasi-cheat way to gain money is also to go to tournaments, put a max bet on yourself before each round and win the whole tournament.  You will earn thousands for each tournament between the straight winnings and the winnings from betting.  If you lose, just quit the game and retry again.  Again, this is only if you're ok with save-scum cheating.
  13. Octaviux

Dev Blog 18/01/18

In Bannerlord, there are about five types of morality that you can try to hue to - reciprocal loyalty to friends and kin, sticking to your word, courage and willingness to sacrifice for a cause, compassion toward those who suffer, and long-term utilitarian calculation - and they'll sometimes be in conflict.
    I'll certainly be following how this implementation pans out but this could add quite a layer to the game that I'm not sure I've seen in another.  Bold move in a new direction and it's enticing.

There are a lot more potential companions in Bannerlord, and they have backstories, but we want the companion system to feel more open-ended. We want for it to be possible for companions to die (and give the player, say, a motivation to avenge them) or, alternately, for a player to appoint lots of companions to lordships.
    I love this, I always felt the need to keep most of the companions in my party because it felt like I was losing a compatriot to make them a Lord.  Having many more of them will allow me to freely give many lordships and possibly not rely on standard NPC lords.  Allowing them to die, whether that is just when they're in your party or also when they're lords could strike quite a blow in a good way.  It raises the emotional stakes and can spur things like revenge or a true sense of loss for them like you don't risk in Warband.
  14. Octaviux

Dev Blog 11/01/18

I've always enjoyed a large cavalry charge on the dunes of the desert with a beautiful sunset or sunrise.  It's going to be even better with the dust clouds that will build up from the charge in Bannerlord.  So many of these minor factions are super interesting.  The Ghilman, a brotherhood of slave-warriors is just another one, reminds me of Janissaries that I learned about from playing Age of Empires.
  15. Octaviux

Dev Blog 21/12/17

The animations are looking good and I'm sure they will be great by time of release.  The modifiable skeletons is a good forward-thinking addition so you or others could provide expansions or mods for things like camels, elephants or any sort of fantasy creature to ride.  I hope for Saxon and Viking colonies in the Americas circa 1050AD where they ride Buffalo mounts  :iamamoron:  Also looking forward to a paid beta in 2018, please do allow me to give you money in 2018  :fruity:
Back
Top Bottom