Recent content by Nordous

1. Nordous

Is This Game Dead?

Gotta wait for updates or significant mods, or just enough time to want play again. I finished a full campaign a couple weeks ago and the game from the "I have 100 troops" point on is super repetitive and takes a lot to paint the map, so I'm good for awhile after I finish it. Game is like 4 hours or less of early game and then the rest is the exact same thing endlessly until map painted. Not a complaint, just saying why mods or updates are needed for me to want to play another campaign.
    Pretty much what I'd say
  2. Nordous

Patch Notes v1.1.4

Assess yourself there buddy. Moaning about moaning is still moaning.

If you have a problem with it then maybe you, who has spent over 22 days of your real life on the forum, should leave the moaning alone and get on with your life.
    I have enjoyed browsing many Warband mod threads back in the days when they had more content than ModDB and Nexus, and also a lot of modding and tech tutorials in the Forge, do you really think I've spent all this time reading rant? :grin: I do read too much rant though.

I'm checking the Forum around one-two times a season nowadays, sadly realizing I'm not missing anything. But some people here give me an impression they have trouble sleeping at night because of Taleworlds.

I kinda liked the comment about getting popcorn and watching the dumpster fire, now that I'm assessing myself.
  3. Nordous

Patch Notes v1.1.4

Omg people, is that a river of tears I'm standing ankle deep in?

While I honestly support Taleworlds and also believe that Bannerlord is for some reasons quite disappointing, considering its potential and development time, I'm shocked to read the forum. It's actually not ok to live through the amount of the emotions you display here, you look borderline traumatized about it. Why don't you assess yourselves, seek help if needed, talk to your feelings regarding Bannerlord with a professional and try to display some dignity and mature behaviour instead? This game might be disappointing - just admit it, leave it alone and go live your life. Nobody is responsible for your expectations.
  4. Nordous

Mods vs No Mods

I don't use mods because I wait for them to mature before harvest :grin:
  5. Nordous

Please support the Console version!

I'm tired of lots of complaining if there are thousands of players who aren't happy let's get them all to post and show how much they want things to change.
    That's basically what they are doing full-time here.
  6. Nordous

Another "Should I Come Back to Bannerlord SP?" Question

I'm looking to play Bannerlord SP a year in post-release. I'm following the updates but haven't really played since early builds. I hope for a strongly exceeded expectations eventually.
  7. Nordous

POLL: Your reviews of the COMPLETED FINAL Bannerlord

I'm still considering reviewing (and actually playing) Bannerlord some 1-2 years in post-release. I've already been taught patience.
  8. Nordous

Loading Screen Art - I can only draw one face

Which is why I would expect them to have diversified the setting of the art rather than have them all be - Group of soldiers walking/riding in from the right side of the frame with the main character looking down on the viewer over his left shoulder.
    Warband had way more interesting art with different poses, settings and even included snapshots of battle scenes.

A few examples I would have expected to showcase the game better would be:

A king on the throne.
    Bandits in the alley.
    Soldiers preparing for a battle in line formation.
    A battle sequence.
    Battered soldiers post battle.
    Tavern people enjoying a drink and playing that checkers game (to remind the player that the tavern still exists).
    Herding cattle to another village (showcasing the popular quest).
    A spy being captured in a town setting (showcasing the Spy Among us quest).
    Villagers plowing in their village.
    Making defensive preparations for a seige.
    Making offensive preparations for a seige.
    A siege sequence.

There are a million snapshots you could make art from of the game, but they just decided to make art on the same sequence, but with the difference cultures. Its unimagginative and does nothing to excite me. That's why I think it is lazy and amateurish. I know its not a big deal whatsoever, as the game has far bigger flaws, but its just another thing I feel proves TW has just skimped out on.
    With the amount of time the game was in development, I still wouldn't be surprised if they gave the artist (who is obviously technically talented and maybe just put under time pressure) a couple of weeks to bang out the loading screens. Seems like another rush job , just like the release trailer.

Similar to the release trailer, TW completely disregarded what the game was about and kinda just showed people riding around on horseback for 90% of it. It seems like they just don't know how to promote their game properly. Their twitter account just splurts out random historical facts for some reason, rather than sharing development updates.
    Good points and constructive suggestions, I quite enjoyed this unexpected thread. :smile: Realised I do miss Warband art, it was exceptionally immersive, right, not saying Bannerlord art is bad tho
  9. Nordous

Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

How do I get on a BRE private battle server lads?
  10. Nordous

[Poll-Debate] Blood needs to be spilled in the Arena?

I’m happy this is brought up. But the mortal duels are also needed in Bannerlord as a thing of its own!
  11. Nordous

Patch Notes e1.7.2

Haha… While I’m used to the class system and even somewhat justify it, I wonder if anyone’s going to play Skirmish anymore now. That bastard game mode hadn’t ever really been needed imo
  12. Nordous

There is no rainy weather

Oh my god, I just realized the OP is right. Seriously..?!
Back
Top Bottom