Recent content by NordicWill

1. NordicWill

The epitome of the catastrophical "design" decisions - the lack of Court

Agreed. This is probably my biggest disappointment with BL that I thought TW would've evolve from WB. Being a lord or king in this game is so empty. Controlling a town or castle is limiting and boring.
  2. NordicWill

An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

I just want to bump this thread because I just got back after nearly a year since this game first disappointed me and... I'm somehow even more disappointed.

Not only has practically none of the stuff I care about been addressed by the devs, most of the mods that made this game playable have been abandoned by their original modders and only some of those have had volunteers come up to take their place updating the lapsed mods.

The fact alone that the Community Patch, in particular is dead in the water bodes extremely ill for MB2's future.

This whole game feels like a sinking ship and the devs have basically communicated that they DGAF what fans think about anything they've done. This whole EA cycle has been a miserable failure.

Agreed. I come to the forum once a week it feels to see updates or any change at all. I'm done with TW at this point on any future projects. I'm grateful for them being innovators for this type of game but they failed me. This was a poorly handled EA.
  3. NordicWill

Community Reviews of Bannerlord

I always laugh when people who spent hundreds or even thousands hours playing a game are writing bad reviews in the Steam
    So 30 minutes of gameplay has more value of a review than 100?

I get your point but a sandbox grind should have over 40 plus hours of gameplay. BL can be played for thousands of hours, but what does it offer? Once you try to become a vassal or king you begin to see the limits of diplomacy and just the repeat of stupid campaign ai wars. The lack of so many little features like feast, garrison troop training, town building, lordship options, tournament options, i could go on and on make the game boring and pointless. Add the fact that many restarted new campaigns with new updates to see if changes improved will rack up you total hrs played. This doesn't mean the game is good. More so that we care and are hopeful.
  4. NordicWill

Community Reviews of Bannerlord

I already left a negative review a few months back. I think TW will get a negative hit that they may actually care about when their SCI FI project gets little EA support due to the state Bannerlord has been in. It sucks because I'm not here to stick it to TW. I'm just so disappointed with BL as a game and I have little hope it will be worth it until 2 yrs from now.
  5. NordicWill

Mods may worth the wait but...

You obviously missed the word "clear" in vision part. Everyone can have a vision about everything but if it is not clear the process to reach that vision will be messy. That is what we experience now. If you don't believe it go and see the code.
    You also obviously missed the main point of that discussion. The post to which we responded was blaming some group of players to have bad influence on the game development decisions. The objective of the discussion was not the quality of the game that was only side topic. After this, your response turned this to discussion about the quality of the game. I am not going there because...

... this section of your response disqualifies you from any further civilized on topic discussion. As a matter of fact I think it violates the forum rules. If you did not get it why - well, you essentially insulted other members of the forum by calling their comments stupid, i.e. you called them stupid. All the other participants were civilized enough to not make direct isults on other community members. They can disagree in their views but calling someone stupid just because they have different opinion is out of limits.

It's not your role to command people here about what they should do and whether they should post here or not. As a matter of fact I myself have already stopped to play. I still think I will get back to Bannerlord after some time (maybe a year or two, if mods fix the game) but you did not get the point again. People post criticism to inform other visitors of the forum about their opinion of the game. You may not like it but we have the right to express our opinion.
    Thank you!
  6. NordicWill

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Haven't played in 6 months. DL the newest patch and play game. Game crashes after fighting in Varcheg doing a quest mission. Noticed a loading image for all inventory except food items. Probably going to give game another break.
  7. NordicWill

Some ideas from Warband/VC that I am happy they don't exist in BL

You must be thinking of warband :razz: It's actually really hard to make troops desert in Bannerlord unless you go over you troop limit. Not feeding them keeps docking your moral -5 but it must drop very low before any will desert and bounces back up once you get food. Having like 150+ leadership would make it almost impossible to drop you moral low enough too, however I think it's been changed now.
    Honestly I can't remember the scenario in BL due to over half a year ago and yeah it was definitely in WB. This may have been fixed since then also.
  8. NordicWill

While you feed your army and pay their wages morale should not be problem. There is no big morale penalties other than these two. Maybe you did not pay or feed them for several days then you started paying / feeding? In that case you get some penalty and it is effecting morale for several days more even you pay / feed. Do you have a sample save file for your problem?
    Hard to say since I haven't played the game in 6 months, but i remember both WB and BL that after some time men will desert your party. Paying is done automatic unless leveling up pay im not sure i understand. I lost men to desertion even with money and food as I did long travels without fighting due to slow movement of my large army chasing faster smaller ones. I don't have any save file but maybe this more so the penalty you speak of but i really don't lose many battles( i save before them for replay value) so im not sure.
  9. NordicWill

I'm not the greatest historical accuracy freak, but, in the middle ages troops would prefer wine & beer over water, because these drinks were just so much safer than water. This is also (part of) the reason wine & beer were popular in monasteries. I would like it better if there was a mechanic that your troops will get typhoid if you don't have alcoholic drinks in the inventory.
    Interesting idea especially with regards to holding out a siege, but the game is a grind fest to troop build and losing troops via "Oregon trail dysentery" style would piss me off. Also, I doubt the AI would not have the same problems i would.
  10. NordicWill

• Units losing morale at sea
    But we don't even get to sail at sea or have sea battles.
    • Units consuming wine in player's inventory
    BL should have a army inventory and personal possessions inventory area based on status. Lord/King/Leader would have personal things kept to themselves
    • Sharing loot so units gain morale
    Don't disagree but i have a problem with morale and tw in general. Army is getting paid and fed but desert if they haven't fought in a day
    • Random event popups that modify morale or renown based on decision
    BL should have evolved and expanded from this. This was something that made me as a player feel involved in the world. Sometimes even feeling the game having messengers. Scenes like this should be part of feast, tavern visits, walking amongst NPC in Castle, towns, cities, settlements, and hideouts.
  11. NordicWill

fix ur game

That would be why the OP or thread title would mention "multiplayer"

But yes. I should know better than to discuss this sort of thing with a caps lock debater. Like I said in my last post, I am very very very sorry. I wont trouble you again. Please feel free to last word me appropriately as I deserve. .

Jeez... you going to be ok after such an encounter of caps lock? Pride is one hell of a weakness in people.
  12. NordicWill

Open Post: Armagan, We Could Use A Video Update Addressing Our Concerns

@ AxiosXiphos I haven't played the game in like 6 months. I still come here every other week to see if progress has been made. So i'm pretty much agreeing to the moving on as far as playing the game goes but I want to get feedback. If its not Armagan then i want the person that is in the position to address it. @Bloc said it best
    "There are so many questions and suggestions floating around, and no one is giving any meaningful answer or feedback. That's weird as hell. Especially for a game that was promised with more features in many promotional videos.
    Also, as even mexxico himself already stated many times, he is NOT a decision-maker. So when TW rejects the feature, let's say Freelancer option, people wonder "Why?". But we have no frikking answer. And there are tons of ghost features - that were supposed to be in the game, and no one knows where they are, when they will be implemented, or will they even get implemented or not. There is a huge thread about missing stuff in Dev Blogs. Do you know where they are? Because I don't. Because TW aren't talking to us."
  13. NordicWill

Open Post: Armagan, We Could Use A Video Update Addressing Our Concerns

Well you are welcoming to your brigading (and I don't mean that as an insult; just a descriptive term) thread but I honestly think the only thing it will do is raise the heat on the forum again.

I imagine Armagans involvement has probably reduced significantly over the years as the team has built up, This isn't a 2 man band anymore.
    So request nothing/no communication then and continue to wait?
  14. NordicWill

I Have No Control Over My Vassals - I accidently started an Oligarchy

Mods guys, whoever is in charge of these decisions likes bland arcade gameplay. Thank you Mexxico for trying to help.

This game has better graphics than Warband, but the direction is not what I expected, and I can say officially that I do not like it. It has zero personality/depth; just battles with menu pages and scenes that are pointless for the player to visit.

Does the "decision group" play this game? The suggestion page is pointless, they reject 99% ideas.

It's boring as hell, there's nothing to do and the player has zero connectivity to the NPCs in the entire campaign. Viking Conquest is 10x better than this. Without mods I would have un installed this months ago. Please finish the game TW so the modders can make it fun, thanks.
    +1000! Future mods are the only reason i have this game at this point. waiting on AD1257, Japan, GOT, and Lord of the Rings mods. This was suppose to be a improvement from warband and get ideas from mods and DLC. Almost at a year and still empty. I don't want to be a bandit, a lord, king, anything because nothing feels different. Nothing feels impactful or mine. I just grind around a map fighting battles.
  15. NordicWill

Where has the idea that Taleworlds arent gonna add any more compelex features come from?

Well so it seems it will be up to the modders to make Bannerlord achieve its potential, honestly, we should really, REALLY, start making a compilation of what kind of features we want to add, like joining an army as a soldier, etc, and start setting up a group of modders to make a polished, more inmersive version of bannerlord within a single mod and start working towards it. Think of it as a Skyblivion approach to Bannerlord just with the goal of making an inmersive Bannerlord, no weird hard to implement features, just making improvements and adding content to make it more RPG friendly.

Currently i feel there are many modders just going random, making small things that they later abandon and just dont change anything substantially. We need a serious modding team to overhaul the game. There are other teams of this kind but dedicated to make a LOTR or Game of thrones mod, but we should have a Bannerlord vanilla-like one.
    THIS
Back
Top Bottom