Recent content by Noobertuber

1. [BUGS] Freelancer 1.1 Bugs and Fixes. (LOCKED)

Found a rather large bug. While a soldier in Count Regas's army, (Swadia) we attacked a town, Halmar, owned by the Khergits.. Easily defeated the first wave, but in the second wave, assaulting the streets, the Khergits were my allies and the Swadians were my enemies. Nothing about the spawning changed, so I was killed pretty quickly by the Swadians. I am unsure if this has already been reported.
  2. Your current army composition?

The knock down idea is probably the best I have heard so far; it keeps the grenades usefulness as crowd control, and weakens them to other attacks. As it stands, I can get about 7 kills per grenade, thus 42 kills per grenade slot. Interestingly, with 2 bag of arrows, a Mercenary archer, and a mourn bow, I can get about 70 kills. For that many slots of grenades, you get 126 kills. A bit unbalanced, if you ask me. Besides which, the bow becomes unreliable, accuracy wise, at too short a range to make it useful for sniping, even with MA. In addition, as Blood and steel is specifically not supposed to be heroic, it wouldn't be appropriate for soldiers to use weaker weapons than the player does.
  3. Is Money Fixed?

I will just go a bit off topic here. What big advantages?
  4. I may have fixed the lag / lockup issue!

One thing I did note about the save games from 1.22 in 1.23: The shops were selling deshavi's bow, and she had a long bow instead. Same thing with mourn bow.
  5. Feature Requests

One thing though, if it takes 2 hours to get from 50 to 400 or so, it will take far more to advance past 400. Does this not mean that the MA can not become more powerful, in the end? Perhaps you could give MA 10 weaponmaster, or something to enable the class to grow.
  6. Down Load Here Bug

In the download here pinned post, the M&B repository says it gives v1.22, not 1.23. Is it right? Even if it isn't, it should probably be changed. Perhaps xenoargh just hasn't gotten around to changing it, but I am quite confused.
  7. Feature Requests

1. Ok, that's good to know.
    2. Not for a day, for 19 game days. I got Barbarian 2h proficiency up that high in said time; it is not that hard.
  8. Feature Requests

Wira said:
    I'm pretty sure the bow given to the mercenary archer at the start of the game is the most powerful in the game, not just a bit almost twice as powerful as anything else (same bow Deshavi gets if I'm not mistaken).

That does put you apart from the barbarian who will have to do with the latticed flatbow, unless you steal Deshavi's of course :razz:

Precisely the problem. The only advantage the MA has is the bow which is only very very slightly better than Deshavi's bow. Plus it can get lost. In adition, the bow limits the MA to one style of combat and prevents improvement of gear.
  9. Feature Requests

Perhaps something could be done to the mercenary archer; at present, it seems that the only thing going for it is its super bow. Barbarian can easily become a better archer, while staying better in all other combat, then the MA. (I got 400+ proficiency in two handed in just about 17 days) I would propose something to set the MA apart besides the bow. Perhaps you could make the MA have 10 in one of the invisible skills, and thus deal receive a significant buff with all ranged weapons. (Firearms, bows, and crossbows) This would add to the concept of the Barbarian being a melee class, and the MA and ranged class.
  10. Bug Reports: 1.22

Bug: retreat command for troops does not work. I am not sure if this was on purpose or not.

Bug: Trading is useless, to my knowledge. I took a merchant, got 8 trade skill or so, bought an iron bar at curraw for 3000ish (Same in every town I tried it, including reyvadin; slightly lower in curraw), took it to reyvadin, was able to sell it for 250 or so.
  11. Barbarian Balance Issues..

Ok, tested with no dodge. I seemed to have less survivability, however I was still dodging attacks... I was killed quite quickly after attacking a 400+ sarranid army by a couple of 200+ damage couched lances.

Maybe you should make critical hits more useful: going through dodges and armor. At present (and possibly with such an update too), the combat training skill seems pretty useless, in truth.
  12. Barbarian Balance Issues..

Yes, all damage is at 100%, AI is good. I think the problem is my healing. I seem to heal completely at random moments. Also, one other problem: Experience is gained from dealing would be critical damage even when an enemy dodges the attack.
  13. Barbarian Balance Issues..

Just one question: Should a level 20 barbarian with nothing but a milianese plate, a dark lord's sword, and a single pack of hand grenades be able to destroy an entire 294 man army of undead? I waited for about 5 minutes at one point, where the enemy kept on knocking me over, and I couldn't...
Back
Top Bottom