Recent content by niekdegrijze

1. niekdegrijze

Open Campaign map siege targeting is stupid

i agree with your point.
    The hole system needs to improve.
    - cities with certain upgrades should start with everything mounted on the wall,
    - player should be able to buy siege engines as items so to employ them at the start
    - New build siege engines should be put in the reserve pool. In the current situation you have to pause the game everytime an engine is build to prevent damage.
  2. niekdegrijze

SP - Quests Late game wars

i like both suggestions The first one alignes with the "invasion" suggestion mentioned often.
    I don't know how the second suggestion would work out, but anything that offers some kine of unique experience is welcome.
    The warband mod PoP had a peasant revolt with a massive army of low tier troops with a fun backstory.
    I would like to see the empire factions join another empire faction if they get to small.
    I think the game lacks a lot of goals and money sinks for the late game. It would be fun if you could desigs your personal guard for a fee, or make slight changes to the faction troop tree as king.
    Hire a unique wanderer from a distant land with special siege equipment building skills. Assign him to a warehoude to build siege engines to add to the city (available at the start of the siege) or to your army (slow travel speed)
    Unique legendary weapons or armor you can only recieve after defeating specific characters.
    Special upgrades to castles, so you can send out patrols.

one of the most important things for me would be to make the existing factions more distinct. This would make fighting them more special every time.
    khuzait: full in on horses
    empire: full in on Heavy infantry, small bit combined arms.
    Vlandia: crossbows, pikes, billhooks and shock cavalry
    sturgia: Bows + Heavy infantry in shieldwall
    etc.
  3. niekdegrijze

Patch Notes v1.2.9

a bit demoralized in the progress.
  4. niekdegrijze

Using workshops the way they're intended actually prevents levelling the trade skill

48. Workshops.
    • The total price for purchasing a workshop has been reduced to its real value.
    • When selling his workshop, the AI takes a small premium for the prosperity of the city.
    • Each workshop in the city now has its own price.
    • By price, you can determine success workshop.
    • The purchase price of a workshop depends on the prosperity of the city and the current capital of the workshop.
    • You buy a workshop with its current capital, as it is at the moment.
    • The player's selling price for the workshop has been increased to its real value.
    • The player sells his workshop without a markup, because the AI increases the workshop's capital after the purchase.
    • Now it is profitable for the player to buy cheap workshops and sell them after increasing capital.
    • If the workshop is close to bankruptcy (capital less than 5000), then it is profitable for the player to sell it and buy it again.
    • The price for changing production has been reduced to 800 coins, when purchased on a campaign map.
    • You can buy equipment to change production in another city.
    • The price of equipment depends on the prosperity of the city.
    • You can buy cheap equipment in a city with better prosperity for a workshop in another city.
    • Increased passive trading experience when producing products for storage.
    • The experience depends on the player's trading skill level.
    • The storage capacity for workshops has been increased to 12,000.
    • The number of workshops available to the player has been increased.
    • The number of workshops depends on the clan level and the number of cities owned by the player.
    Great improvements!
    After 1 playthrhough as a merchant i never tried it again, it felt lacking especially if you consider the huge amount of money you can earn by just fighting.
    1 suggestion i made was to combine caravan management with workshop management. If you can manually connect your caravan routes to your workshops you have more controle of your trade network. Control over you caravans is needed anawy. I would like to set their routes manually, so they can avoid certain areas and can focus on specific goods.
  5. niekdegrijze

Make Bannerlord better - remove half of the features

I just got discouraged by another traditional "try Bannerlord again every 6 months" run.

I'm not following development closely (obviously), so I'm still kind-of hoping they are still polishing the engine and combat thus ignoring the rest. If that's the case, I can wait few more years, no problem.

But even then, it would make sense to get rid of extraneous nonsense features first.

Just as an example: get rid of 360 (!) perks in character progression. Who needs 360 annoying non-decisions, and each needs brainstorms, texts, translations, developing actual effects, testing, balancing, documenting, communicating, etc.

Similar with HALF of the game features. It's a mess.

Rant mode off.
    I am with you on the perk systems. I don't care for it. It is indeed to much, especially if you want your clan members to progress to a specific role. The perks for a good governor a spread over multiple skills. In this case the simpler warband system was better. I also don't like all the captain perks. I find it very unrealistic that a soldier fights better just a minuta after beiing assigned a new captain. Secondly it messes up balancing different factions and troop trees. How could you compare them if evere extra character and banner adds +% effects to their skills. Captains and banners should only effect morale and formations.
  6. niekdegrijze

Blocking with weapons too effective

I wonder how difficult it would be to add the crash through ability to lances/spears. It could be related to speed, but maybe first calculate the total damage and use this to determine if a crash through must be used. Holding a 1h weapon horizontally should not stop a spear/lance strike with sufficient speed behind it.
  7. niekdegrijze

An idea to make board games useful.

What if certain wanderers with higher int stats), would only join them if you can prove you are a worthy leader by beating them in a specific board game.
  8. niekdegrijze

Governors handling issues in the base game

I always use this mod. It is a great QoL improvement and it would fit the base game well.
    in my mind the game needs 3 distinct fases.
    1. Starting out: doing quest, fighting bandits, build renown and relationships
    2. Owning a couple off fiefs: only doing the bigger quest. delegating minor stuf to NPC's
    3. Ruling a kingdom,: not doing quest, but army and kingdom management, more diplomacy options and designing your units.

Any mod that helps with the above has my vote to be added to the main game.
  9. niekdegrijze

SP - General Option to hide ennemy's troops on the battlefield

Yes I support this! I would like to suggest a toggle key or a key that should be pressed to see banners above units. This is sometimes handy when you lose your orientation in a melee.
  10. niekdegrijze

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Thank you, I also like to develop villages and cities. I have a proposal for developers, guys, what if we create the quality of the army and the number of recruits for hiring from the development of the city and village?The speed and quantity for hiring warriors depends on the prosperity in the city and the hearths in the villages. To hire warriors from rank 2 to rank 6, you need to build a special barracks for training and workshops to provide them with weapons and armor, here is an example:To hire an Imperial veteran archer, you need to build a barracks in the city for level 2 archers, 2 workshops for the production of bows and armor, villages must provide the workshop with raw materials for their work, in particular wood and iron. So, by robbing villages and cities, it will be possible to undermine the military power of the state to the point that it will no longer be able to hire anyone other than recruits until it restores the economy, which will take its time.
    I would love a system like that, but this is huge change if it is also applied to the AI
  11. niekdegrijze

The death of units who are pushing siege engines should slow down the siege engines' movement speed

+1, at the start of EA i always tried to slow down the machines but was disappointed with the lack of results
  12. niekdegrijze

about the block in combat

Yes I would hope that in the future a crush through mechanic can be introduced. For instance with assigning a maximum block power to weapons. this can be checked against the calculated damage. The crush through should only happen if the disparity between the block power and the attack damage is to high, this to avoid disrupting the current system to much. A system like this would filter out the most immersive breaking blocks.
  13. niekdegrijze

SP - General Kingdom Army Management

Yeah, using charm would be a good idea. This could even be tied into the negotiation side of things, you may need to bribe lords with certain personality types (such as calculative) to carry out your suggestions. Negotiation is very bland at the moment seeing as it's really not too useful and I rarely find myself using the feature.
    Agree 100%
  14. niekdegrijze

Prosperity and Food - the death spiral of a fief

They did it on purpose to cap prosperity since at certain point you will starve and lose prosperity. It makes no sense though because you can't do anything about it.
    Things you can't do that really they should add:
    1 Give food directly to the food stock of fiefs.
    2 Build more and more food supply farms when prosperity is high enough.
    3 Order special caravans to bring more food to the fief
    4 ORDER people to patrol and guard villages to prevent food shortage spikes from raids.
    You can't do any of this and it's very silly that in Bannerlord a city/people/ruler thinks "oh we're so successful and prosperous, I guess we'll just starve now."
    Yes this system definitely needs an update.
    I like the idea of special caravans, extra farms or herds to deliver extra food to high prosperity towns, this way you can go above the save limit while being at risk from enemy actions.

There should be a warning or a relocation if an garrison is starving while not under siege.
  15. niekdegrijze

Resolved Attack Siege Camp

I've been informed that this is intended behaviour. IF you sally out while waiting on the town only garrison will help. Militia only helps if there is a siege going on. They don't go out of town to defend.
    Thank you for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience.
    Hi @MArdA TaleWorlds, I have a similar problem, when I am defending a siege and de besieging army itself is attacked by a relief force. If i want to join the fight I have to sally out, only my own forces fight the remaining number of enemy troops instead of combining my troops with the relief force.
Back
Top Bottom