Recent content by Nahkuri

1. Nahkuri

Who of the old guard are still around?

Every now and then I come by to look at my old posts. It also now occurs to me as I type this that my profile is nearing ****ing 20 years of age. Jesus ****ing christ.
  2. Nahkuri

Metal, metal, metal

First song of my band Sepulchral Curse's sophomore album is out!

3. Nahkuri

Sturgian spearmen still pretty much trash, what gives?

Or are they cavalry but without horses?
  4. Nahkuri

Actually, scratch that. I'm doing it now with 500 vs 500 and the spearmen are using their spears a lot. Some switch to swords. I'm guessing the latter are the ones doing the damage.

EDIT: Nope. Once they're engaged, it looks like vast majority of the spearmen have switched to their sidearm.

EDIT#2: So I did all the factions as 500vs500. Here are the results.

Sturgian Spearmen vs Sturgian archers:

Lost, 479 dead. Won, 365 dead

Sturgian Spearmen vs Aserai Archers:

Lost, 485 dead Won, 289 dead

Sturgian Spearmen vs Vlandian Hardened Crossbowman:

Lost, 484 dead Won, 282 dead

Sturgian Spearmen vs Battanian Hero(gee I wonder what's gonna happen):

Lost, 481 dead Won, 138 dead

Sturgian Spearmen vs Khuzait Archer:

Lost 481 dead Won, 256 dead

Sturgian Spearmen vs Imperial Archer:

Won, 268 dead Lost, 474 dead
  5. Nahkuri

Wait, were the archers actually using their bows at first? Because that's the only way I've seen them win in melee against sword-wielding troops at even odds.

Yup. What I did was have 100 Sturgian Spearmen on the attacking side, and myself on the defending side with 100 ranged units of all the factions. In each fight I told the ranged units to hold arrows, and to charge. I assume because of the simplicity of the battle, the AI had the spearmen charge from the start. They were just running at us with their spears on their back. And then got hacked to bits.
  6. Nahkuri

It's not even that. I was on defending side with my various archers, and the spearmen were charging us. They had their spears on their back and backup sword or whatever in their hands.
  7. Nahkuri

I finally started playing 1.5.4 and after finding out the Sturgian spearmen have received a well needed upgrade, I decided to try them out in Custom Battle by testing every faction's archers against them, holding their arrows. The joke being that in the past versions, the Sturgian Spearmen were...
  8. Nahkuri

Say Cheese v2

Dunno if I ever disgraced this new thread that we have, so this is me playing live a month or so back:

zh3PXdZ.png
  9. Nahkuri

What's on your mind?

What's on my mind is what a ghost town this place now appears to be. Well, I haven't been active in OT for like 5+ years so I'm one to talk.
  10. Nahkuri

looking for a rough overview of what has changed since july

oh great, on performance. how are sieges doing? I remember always having crashes or low framefrates during those as well as the troops generally not wanting to go up the ladders but I guess that falls under AI

Playing on an aging system with medium-high graphics and 1000 battle size, the siege performance varies a lot. In my current game(after months of not touchign the game) some sieges work surprisingly smoothly performance-wise, other not so much. Battanian castle sieges really chug like all the sieges in the older version when some troop pathing bug would cause the fps to drop into single digits. Vlandian castle and town sieges seem to have been alright.

I've taken part in maybe a dozen sieges so far, and let the AI do its thing in each one. So far I've only seen catastrophic failing in the siege of Pravend, where I brought down the walls first but most of my troops couldn't navigate through the holes on their own so they did the next best thing and just licked the outside walls while I died inside.

NOTE: when the walls aren't down, I always go through with the battering ram though. So the AI Might've been complete idiots with ladders and towers and I just wasn't there to notice. I always had troops on the walls when I got inside, though.
  11. Nahkuri

How are Sturgians faring in the newer versions?

I quit playing a few major updates back. I'm team Sturgia, but it took some reeeal effort to keep them from getting boned Including some pretty shameless save scumming. So, have they received any love in the recent updates that would make them... well, not suck?
  12. Nahkuri

Observations from an old hand

Go back to your rocking chair old man
  13. Nahkuri

Resolved Shield Wall formation spreads soldiers Beta 1.4.1

Yea, I've gone back to the regular branch.
  14. Nahkuri

Resolved Shield Wall formation spreads soldiers Beta 1.4.1

So that's what was going on. I thought troop types may have had an effect on it, as one battle worked fine, then I went on a recruitment world tour in Battania and in the next battle my shieldwall was this. I guess I'll split them up until a patch.

mlGGUxr.jpg
  15. Nahkuri

What drives the AI towards war and peace declarations?

Update: with total annihilation looming ever closer, Monchug goes and declares war against Northern Empire as well. I get the feeling declaring wars is the AI's go-to solution for lack of land and wealth. Even when said shortage is because they're being dryholed to hell and back in their ongoing wars. I guess that would explain why so many people report Raganvad going crazy with his war declarations when Sturgia is once again getting boned. In my game Sturgia is doing fabulously and I don't think I've seen mr. Fief Hogger declare war once.
Back
Top Bottom