Recent content by MountainBlade

1. MountainBlade

Crossbowmen at Hastings?

That guy is such a massive tool. I actually hate him more for the way he talks than any errors he makes.

As we learn how to win...with the broadsword
    :cry:
  2. MountainBlade

The Zendar Bounty Board!

Nah, I have a clan tag before it. You can blame Mephisto. He thought it was my contract.
  3. MountainBlade

The Zendar Bounty Board!

Why are you pretending to be me?
  4. MountainBlade

Warband 0 relation

Don't think it's any of that either. You can put it in a fresh version of the ms and build that to be sure...otherwise I don't know
  5. MountainBlade

Warband 0 relation

What the hell? Did you make any other changes in the MS, because I can't imagine all that happening because of one little relationa check  :neutral:
  6. MountainBlade

Modding multiplayer

I think that's hardcoded.
  7. MountainBlade

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Positions have 4 dimensions then? This would be the operation for getting the look direction?

position_get_rotation_around_z  = 740 # (position_get_rotation_around_z,<destination>,<position_no>), #rotation around z axis is returned as angle
  8. MountainBlade

Modding multiplayer

Multiplayer tutorial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,94854.0.html

Items aren't defined at one place. I think the models are associated with the texture in the resource file (brf). The item stats are in module_items and that's where you give the item a model too. As for giving them to multiplayer factions, I haven't look into this yet. Try digging in the server and client events (see above tutorial).

Disabling single player is easy. In module_game_menus go to the very first menu
    ("start_game_0",menu_text_color(0xFF000000)|mnf_disable_all_keys,
        "Welcome, adventurer, to Mount and Blade: Warband. Before beginning the game you must create your character. Remember that in the traditional medieval society depicted in the game, war and politics are usually dominated by male members of the nobility. That does not however mean that you should not choose to play a female character, or one who is not of noble birth. Male nobles may have a somewhat easier start, but women and commoners can attain all of the same goals -- and in fact may have a much more interesting if more challenging early game.",
        "none",
        [],
        [
        ("continue",[],"Continue...",
          [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_start_game_1"),
            ]
          ),

("go_back",[],"Go back",
          [
            (change_screen_quit),
          ]),
        ]
      ),
    Comment out the red part and change the green part into an explanation that your module is mp only.
  9. MountainBlade

Warband 0 relation

("castle_start_siege",
          [
              (this_or_next|party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_center_is_besieged_by, -1),
              (            party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_center_is_besieged_by, "p_main_party"),
              (store_relation, ":reln", "$g_encountered_party_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
              (lt, ":reln", 0)
              (lt, "$g_encountered_party_2", 1),
              (call_script, "script_party_count_fit_for_battle","p_main_party"),
              (gt, reg(0), 5),
              (try_begin),
                (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_party_type, spt_town),
                (assign, reg6, 1),
              (else_try),
                (assign, reg6, 0),
              (try_end),
              ],
          "Besiege the {reg6?town:castle}.",
          [
            (assign,"$g_player_besiege_town","$g_encountered_party"),
            (store_relation, ":relation", "fac_player_supporters_faction", "$g_encountered_party_faction"),
            (val_min, ":relation", -40),
            (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction", "$g_encountered_party_faction", ":relation"),
            (call_script, "script_update_all_notes"),
            (jump_to_menu, "mnu_castle_besiege"),
            ]),

The red part checks your relation. Comment that out.

Edit: in module_game_menus
  10. MountainBlade

GetAssista said:
    MountainBlade said:
    agent_get_look_position is returning the position of the agent for some reason. How exactly is it supposed to work?
    direction of look
    Yeah but how is it expressed? I was explained that the engine draws a line from the middle of your sight until it hits something and then gives you the coordinates of that object. This can't be right if it returns your own coordinates. So how does it store your look direction and in what part of the position variable?
  11. MountainBlade

agent_get_look_position is returning the position of the agent for some reason. How exactly is it supposed to work?
  12. MountainBlade

Mouse Coordinates Code

What do you want exactly? There is an operation for it.

mouse_get_position             = 75  # (mouse_get_position, <position_no>), #x and y values of position are filled
    then you can just use that position or use
    position_get_x                  = 726 # (position_get_x,<destination_fixed_point>,<position_no>), #x position in meters * fixed point multiplier is returned
    position_get_y                  = 727 # (position_get_y,<destination_fixed_point>,<position_no>), #y position in meters * fixed point multiplier is returned
    to get the separate x and y values.
  13. MountainBlade

Warband Module System (1.105)

So if I understand right: If the operation is not lhs then all used variables must already be assigned.
    If the operation is lhs then the very first variable does not have to be assigned before.
  14. MountainBlade

Warband Module System (1.105)

I'm guessing this version wasn't quite ready for release yet. Not that that will stop us  :wink:

Can you explain what lhs means? Looking at the list I'm guessing it's any operation that does more than return a pass/fail?

MISHO, that's just another oversight. This MS works for warband.

Edit: another small oversight
    multiplayer_send_message_to_server  = 388 # (multiplayer_send_int_to_server, <message_type>),
Back
Top Bottom