Recent content by Mordgrim

1. Mordgrim

Warband Mash-Up Einherjar & Fwiends VS IG & Fwiends

It was epic to attend this event. My trusty old Einherjar mates did exactly what I expected of them: They went out with a bang!

Victory or Valhalla!

(seems we got Valhalla this time :grin: )

I advice all members old and new to join the Einherjar/Shieldings facebook group. Who knows, there might be RL raiding in a not so distant future.

And before anyone says: "Mordy, you're no Einherjar, you're a ****ing IG!" I will say fuuuuuuuuu. The Mord is a multi faceted entity who can be many things at once. Im also quite evil  :twisted:
  2. Mordgrim

Im planning to join you old Einhawhaws for this evening.
  3. Mordgrim

Hello!

Old Mordgrim plans to come out of his cave for this evening, provided you dont change the date. Got to say a final goodbye to my first Warband clan :smile:
  4. Mordgrim

The Vanguards (EU)

Dont listen to Morii and Corey. Being the first into battle and the first to leave is a good and reasonable strategy for intelligent fighters. It maximises your chances for survival.  :cool:
  5. Mordgrim

Where do we go from here?

captain lust said:
    As an example, these might be:

Closed: Sandiboush - Nords vs Sarranids
    Mixed: Ruins - Rhodoks vs Sarranids
    Open: Field by the River - Nords vs Swadia

From this point onwards, it's effectively the same system used in the NASTe competition. If you aren't familiar with that, I'll explain it below.

Team 1 would pick the first map to play. Say it was Ruins - Rhodoks vs Sarranids. This would be played in the same way as a map in the current format. Switching sides etc. (though it might need to be shorter) and you'd play until a team got over half the total rounds for that map. Say it was 6, you'd play until a team reached 4 or it got to 3-3, in which case the map would be a draw. Let's say that is the case and the first map is drawn. Then Team 2 picks the next map from the remaining two. Let's say it's Sandiboush - Nords vs Sarranids. Team 2 gets to 4 while the opponent is on 1, it ends at 4-1. Team 2 would then win and a third map would not need to played. The same would apply if a team had won both of the first two maps.

If however teams were a map each (or 0 maps each, 2 draws) then a third map would be played. This will always be the remaining map from the three that are given at the start and it would be played in exactly the same way (3 rounds a side, as proposed).

a system of wins and losses, regardless of what happens to tournament formats. I have been thinking this would be a good idea for a long time (long before IG won the title) and that result had no bearing on my thoughts, nor do I intend for it to take away from their victory in any way.

I like this NASTe thing of organising matches. It might solve some problems.

However I think short two week tournaments take away the allure of a League. With just a series of small tournaments there is no "BIG THING" to win and a win in any of the smaller tournaments feels like small potatoes.

I think just refurbishing our well tested League with the NASTe match format would be a winning concept.

Regarding Khergits Im still against it. Despite them receiving a nerf they still have attributes which sets them completely apart from all other factions. So keep the ´gits out of serious competition is my advice.
  6. Mordgrim

Tell me

Hm, when Lust decides to start "testing" something, thats usually what he's already made up his mind about. So I guess we'll have khergits in the next cycle. Sigh.

Personally I think there is a heap of experience with khergits to not allow them, and this is why we have done so.
  7. Mordgrim

[ENL] League Tables and Fixtures | Spring Cycle Fixtures Posted!

You're right, Maynd. I actually should know better than to participate in this type of discussion. Seldom leads to anything good.  :neutral:

Mordgrim over and out.
  8. Mordgrim

Andrej1 said:
    Mordgrim said:
    dzioOB claims "and we lost because we don't play anymore Warband"

Well, how do you expect to win the league then, eh? Just a win against IG and then break up and go do something else? Consistency, my friends.

I think dzioob means, the main target for Trinity only was to beat IG one time, and they did it. Not to win this league or become a lot of honour for winning this.

They just started in this league to beat IG, not to win the league.

You're probably right, Andrej. But do you believe it? They fought their way into Division A, and participated in it only to get one win against IG and then not caring about the League at all?  :roll:
    Sounds like a convenient after construction to me to be honest.
  9. Mordgrim

Some people here seem to forget that winning a competition in a league format requires both skill AND consistency. If a clan cant keep a consistent high level throughout the entire league, they cant win it.

dzioOB claims "and we lost because we don't play anymore Warband"

Well, how do you expect to win the league then, eh? Just a win against IG and then break up and go do something else? Consistency, my friends.
  10. Mordgrim

Einherjar {Closed}

Wrong side of Sweden imo. They speak funny there.
  11. Mordgrim

WTFFS - Summary and closing discussions

I think player skill was a huge factor at 10vs10.....
  12. Mordgrim

Apis Europae [AE] Masters of the Universe

Morii, I think you´re beeing silly....

:mrgreen:
  13. Mordgrim

Sweden - Best Team in NC2012

Jag hoppar av NC. Sorry, jag har 0% inspiration för det.
  14. Mordgrim

Nu har jag lyckats lösa kraschandet med en gammal hederlig ominstallation (!)

Kan inte vara med på söndag dock för jag jobbar kväll.
  15. Mordgrim

Fan alltså, jag velar rätt mycket nu. Man vill ju "nästan" lira NC ändå, men det är så jävla irriterande med dom problem jag har med Warband just nu. Fortsätter göra tester, det jävla spelet ska fan tvingas att fungera. Hoppas det går bra på träningen ikväll. Jag kommer inte komma dit för jag är i tillståndet "rAeG" just nu.
Back
Top Bottom