Recent content by Moray

1. Tournaments with other lords are near impossible to win

that is part of the problem they need to solve. [Why should people join tournaments]. Right now if you think just about min-max or gain, then it is limited to early game (when you have little cash, low skills and bad gear). If you dont worry about gains, you can do them for fun at any time tho. But there is little gameplay reason for that.

if they change that, then we could see the impact on your gear selection too. The [when] you should use [what].

- tournaments to gain affection on your marriage ritual
    - tournaments as part of noble feasts
    - tournaments to gain relationship with fellow nobles
    - tournaments where you watch, not fight, but you can put your companions and bet on them.
    - national tournaments (you qualify by being a local champion)

stuff like that

This guy right here.
    In the early game I was doing tournaments for easy money and some decent gear.
    I would still be doing tournaments if it meant kicking some lords ass (maybe depending on his personality) gave me some reputation increase/decrease with them.
    "Oi you really beat my arse! Nice job!" +1
    "Oi that was a cheap shot. You won't get me so easy next time...." -1
    I would love to bet on my companions as well. Maybe hosting national tournaments (when you're the leader, or persuade King/Queen to host one) would be a decent way to have a peace phase with a rival kingdom, or increase relations with rival nobles?
  2. Co-op?

At the very least I'd be okay with just being in the hosts party, be given control of archers/cavalry like when you join an army, and maybe do my own smithing/trading for armour and weapons.
  3. So I screwed with Ira, how do I get her back?

Exactly right?! After the talk about her family might not accept me. I screwed up but you would think that becoming a great warlord would convince her, or maybe talking to her family and making them like you probably with a lot of cows, jewellery, maybe a castle to make them like you or something. I mean beating up a lord gets you around 10k~, gotta show that you're a person with means.

Yea it definitely feels like there should be a cooldown or maybe a "Lets start over..." dialogue option.
  4. Should Recruits Change Culture to the Occupying Faction's?

I'd like to be able to recruit my factions soldiers from the fiefs I own, but it seems impossible to acquire a settlement that is your factions culture.

This is why I think you should be able to convert the culture of the fiefs you acquire.
    First, give the player the option to do it in the first place. Maybe get a few negative points with the town since you're basically making them change their ways.
    Second, a somewhat lengthy time has to pass in order for it to finish.
    Third, You'll have to regain reputation with that town, but you'll have the troops you want to recruit.

If you give AI lords the ability to do this you could "free" towns/villages that have been culture converted if you restore it to it's original culture. Then you can gain reputation with them for doing so.
  5. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

There is no harm with adding auto-directional blocking to the single player portion of the game. If it enables more people to have fun with the game then it's thumbs up from me.
    I'm young and have taken the time to learn the manual blocking. My father, however, who is in his late 60s can't exactly grasp it even with all the time on his hands.
    He's resorted to using the shield until they add the auto-directional, but he misses charging into battle using his badass two-handed sword.

So, please Devs. Would very much like this feature to be added so more players are able to enjoy the game their way.
  6. Should Recruits Change Culture to the Occupying Faction's?

It would have to be faster than "realistic".
    I'm not sure what the timeline should be but I'd be okay if it had to be held by the owning faction for 1-2 years in order for the culture to change.

On top of that, I think once the player/lord started the conversion they get a minus reputation on the town/village.
    and maybe a year or two after the conversion if the player/lord regains that town/village and were to restore it to the original culture, they could get a minor plus reputation.

I think it would be a really cool system to add to the game.
    If anything I hope someone turns the idea in to a mod with options for most people's liking.
  7. Should Recruits Change Culture to the Occupying Faction's?

If they do implement something like this I don't think the Culture Change should happen right away.
    I can think of a few immersive ways of implementing this:
    1. Over time: After a certain amount of time (months/years) the village/town eventually assimilates and converts to the owning faction's culture.
    2. Put it under the player or lord's control: The player or lord build something or tick a box that stat enables that town to become the owning faction's culture.
    3. combination of of the first two options. It happens over time, and the player or lord has to enable it to happen. I personally like this option the best. Everyone is happy, and it's immersive.
  8. SP - General Have two campaign modes: A short/fast campaing and a long haul campaign

I love this idea!
    Especially your "penalities for winter campaigns" idea.
    If Taleworlds doesn't implement this then I'm sure a mod would eventually be made for a Long Haul campaign.
Back
Top Bottom