Recent content by metal fake

1. [Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Looks like it may just mean secondary material. However, I'm puzzled by this example:
    ltqGY.jpg
    According to the editor's mesh inspector this stone heap only uses one material the one in the SecMat slot in TpacTool. Doesn't use the material in TpacTool's material slot. However, the SecMat used is derived from the Material - just removes its heightmap and parallax settings. _np probably means no parallax.
    hmmm.. ok.. when i explore other mods, sometimes they only have SecMat but empty on Material slot.. and when i try to copy the asset and recreate it on my tinkered mods, sometimes it's messy..
  2. [Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Hi, i want to ask.. in tool model viewer, in the info, there is a line that say "SecMat :".. what is it? where do i found it in the modding kit?
  3. Discussion Cloth Editor Cant save cloth editor settings - PLEASE HELP

hi.. i got the same problems currently.. and i think i know why you can't save cloth mesh package.. it's because you use native files as simulation mesh.. when i empty simulation mesh, i can save alright.. but of course the problem is, when in game your modded clothed armor not gonna do any good, because it's not set with simulated mesh..

the solution i think is to add a cloth simulation mesh yourself in your mod.. wonder how to do it?
  4. [Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

The modding kit is already able to export meshes as unrigged .obj files.
    really? i don't see that option..

how about exporting textures?
  5. Weight applied for armor in blender, but failed to come out in game..

The modding kit. The new material needs to have skinning enabled.
    i checked that.. found it in vertex colours option but still not work.. but.. i had found a work around.. found a step by step tutorial which very convenient.. it seems i made a mistake during exporting and importing the mesh.. i didn't name the skeleton to "unused" in blender, then only selecting the armor when exporting.. and when importing, i select as vertex animation not as morph animation..

really need to catch every detail eh.. got stressed up for whole weeks because of this.. =_=

thx guys!!
  6. [Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

AFAIK modders can chose to publish their EmAssetPackages folder or just their AssetPackages folder. If a modder only publishes their AssetPackages folder TPac tool can export meshes from that but not compiled textures.
    oh i see.. oot, the modding kit is planned to be able to export assets too right? when will it's gonna be implemented? or will it ever be?
  7. Weight applied for armor in blender, but failed to come out in game..

You may need to make sure you've checked to allow rigging. Not all shaders will support skinning, leaving parts with bones undeformed.
    okay.. where should i checked that? in blender or in modding kit? i remember compiling the material in modding kit with pbr metal..
  8. [Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

I don't think TpacTool can export tpacs of other mods, only the vanilla ones.
    eh really? i forgot whether i got the model of the mod from the resources folder directly or from the package folder with tpac.. but some mod can be explored with tpac, such as eagle rising.. though they have the package folder..
  9. [Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Make sure you select the whole EmAssetPackages folder.
    hi, i got the same problem.. i'm not trying to import from native though.. but just tweaking some mods to my liking.. the mod doesn't have AssetPackages folder.. only Assets folder.. it works in game, but i can't open the Asset folder with tpac tool all version.. even trying from 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 versions..
  10. Weight applied for armor in blender, but failed to come out in game..

The new part that you added, what material does it have?
    i made a new material and new textures.. has it's own UVmap, but when joined, it's merged (made it with same name with the original parts), but the texture images still different from the original parts.. still it works in game though.. everything works except the weight..
  11. Weight applied for armor in blender, but failed to come out in game..

Please help.. i got this problem in 3d modelling : - i am trying to edit some armor.. the armor is rigged and already in FBX format.. - i import it in blender, then delete some parts i don't want.. that model already has skeleton - after that i create a part from scratch then joint it with the...
  12. Troop tree error on 1.6.4

never seen any documentation.. i just tweaking text files until it works.. -,-
  13. face key code structure changed on 1.6.4?

i guess the face key code structure doesn't change much.. i mean, if you create some custom companion with old face key data, it still the same.. i guess what changes is the mechanism in copying and applying face key in character creation.. there is new feature where you can save and load face in character creation now.. so ctrl+v doesn't work, or it works differently.. i mean the face still changed but, it's a different face..

but if you have old saves game, load the game and enter character creation window, then save the character you want to use from old saves.. you can use that saved face into new game by use the load face feature in new character creation window..
  14. Troop tree error on 1.6.4

your welcome.. love to share :smile:
  15. Troop tree error on 1.6.4

Okay i found the problem.. it seems in new version, you can't put the upgrade path lines at the end of NPCCharacters code.. it has to be in between skill lines and equipment lines..

I have just reposition the lines and it works just fine..
Back
Top Bottom