Recent content by MangoPunch

1. MangoPunch

Rules of Recruitment and Availability

Bluehawk said:
    For some factions maybe.... I'd like to be able to go to a "Reserve Recruit Depot" and just grab 30-50 poor souls at random and drive them by halberd-point invite them into our merry regiment with a warm embrace.

I remember a feature in Calradia: Imperial Age where if you owned a city/fort you could hire a recruiter to automatically recruit and train soldiers over time (something small like 5 per day iirc). That way if you need a bunch of fresh troops in one go you could just return to your city and pick some up.
  2. MangoPunch

Getting uniforms

From Military Depots.
  3. MangoPunch

The historically accuarcy of accuracy?

Docm30 said:
    Two things you should know about firearms in Warband. The accuracy is hugely skill dependant and they're at their most accurate after holding down the fire button for a couple seconds after the reticule reaches its smallest.

No wonder I can never hit anything, I just fire as soon as the reticle stops shrinking.
  4. MangoPunch

Unit Upkeep- Why set at 0?

Got a feeling it's only for testing purposes.
  5. MangoPunch

Troop Trees

Docm30 said:
    The 'Firearms' skill is irrelevant. The muskets are crossbows.

Ah that makes more sense. Although at top-tier (Fusilier-Grenadier de la Jeune/Grenadier a Pied de la Vieille) the Grenadier still comes out on top.

-Fusilier-Grenadier de la Jeune
    Crossbows: 185

-Grenadier a Pied de la Vieille
    Crossbows: 200
  6. MangoPunch

Troop Trees

I've been having a look at the stat differences between some of the troop branches in the French army, and I'm a little confused.

I had assumed that the Fusilier line would focus on musket skill while the Grenadier line would be better at melee, but from what I can tell the Grenadier line is just better at everything.

-Fusilier De Ligne
    Polearms: 105
    Firearms: 105
    Ironflesh: 1
    Power Strike: 0

-Grenadier a Pied
    Polearms: 135
    Firearms: 110
    Ironflesh: 2
    Power Strike: 2

Am I missing something or is there literally no reason to go down the Fusilier path?
  7. MangoPunch

Sharpe

mcwiggum said:
    MangoPunch said:
    Would be cool if you could get him to train your troops to do tap-loading.
    Great idea! They can also blind themselves when the up pointed gun goes off in their faces!  :grin:

That would actually be the perfect way to balance it gameplay-wise. Either your dudes reload significantly faster, they misfire because the ball rolled out the end of the barrel, or they shoot themselves in the face. High risk high reward. :grin:
  8. MangoPunch

Sharpe

Vicboss said:
    Everyone should be aware that Major Ducos is in it as well. Hilariously, he and Sharpe have no problem with each other.

Just found him. I hope Docm adds the ability to execute followers via firing squad.
  9. MangoPunch

Slave Trader ?!

You get a decent amount of money from trading prisoners, I don't see a problem in having to work for it.
  10. MangoPunch

Sharpe

Would be cool if you could get him to train your troops to do tap-loading.
  11. MangoPunch

How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

General K said:
    I have 1 Officer (95th R.Sharpe)

Wait is Sharpe actually a recruitable NPC?
  12. MangoPunch

Massed Musket volley, not doing a thing!

Yeah this is definitely an issue, especially against cavalry where you only really get one volley before they hit your line. From what I've read though Docm is working on a hotfix for it though.
  13. MangoPunch

Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

When doing the "Collect taxes from X village" mission, the quarterstaff animations were broken and I was unable to actually hit anyone.
  14. MangoPunch

How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

My adventures have been going very enemy cavalry. Very enemy cavalry everywhere.
Back
Top Bottom