Recent content by Mandible

1. Mandible

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

John.M said:
    I see what you mean Mandible.
    It is worth noting that the armour isn't suppose to be entirely orc forged. It is partially forged and partially looted. Though I agree with your criticism overall. I will make changes to this model. It doesn't really fit with what we have for other Mordor armour either. I'll revisit that shoulder armour to look more orcish. And I will change the scale tasset, either major damage so it is clear it was looted. Or I will change the scales themselves to look more orcish. I will make sure this is in mind while making future armours.
    Thanks for the feedback :smile:

Scavenged armor is totally fair. Here's a shot of an orc from ROTK with scavenged Gondorian armor.
    lotr-rotk-pf9.jpg

I think it still lines up pretty well with what I said. It's asymmetrical, (missing a pauldron) covered in grime, and looking at the outline you wouldn't really mistake it for a Gondorian soldier. (I actually would have gone further than this personally and maybe had some extra plates cobbled to it here and there, to repair the damage that killed the original owner or something... Far be it from me to suggest that you should copy the movies. I think that orc armor gives you an enormous amount of freedom to do whatever the heck you want.

I like your thoughts. The shoulders are a great place to add orcish touches.
  2. Mandible

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

John.M said:
    Thanks Marko, I agree more or less. No point in wasting time worrying.

And on that note, another update:

mordorArmour1.jpg

Looks good, as usual.

If I may dare to submit some suggestions, when I look at it, I don't really think "orc". After looking closely and trying to figure out what it is, I have decided that the wear, tear and crudeness is mostly focused on the micro level, without much on the macro level. It kind of looks like good quality armor that has just aged a bunch, instead of armor that has been cobbled together out of crude metal sheets and such with no eye to aesthetics, symmetry or beauty (which is how I imagine orcish armorers working).

What I mean is that if you look closely at the scales and armor and such, it looks worn, beat up and "orcish", but when you zoom out and look at the overall form, silhouette and such, it doesn't look as "orcish" anymore. I would go about trying to fix this by rethinking the silhouette and trying to make shapes that read as crude, battered, asymmetrical, etc. from a distance.

We might have entirely different ideas about what orcs should look like, of course, but those are just my thoughts.

Keep up the great work!
  3. Mandible

[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [December 2018][Art]

Woot!

Hope to see a few more of you at the next one!

Not sure what I would say for contest feedback. I thought this was a pretty good theme and was surprised that there weren't more submissions.
  4. Mandible

Wouldn't want to make you dizzy just looking at it...
  5. Mandible

Ok fine, I'll put something up here if no one else will (no offence to the existing submission).

Enjoy!
    k_tbT.jpg

This replaces main_menu_nord (the main menu screen).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G8MoR1uh56VeCBA3kzHvaPEmmCEQJVAt
  6. Mandible

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Terco_Viejo said:
    I'll just leave this here...

Man, we are really coming along. I wonder how much of that is applicable to realtime environments in games.

Houdini is free for non-commercial products, so it's certainly something that would be worth looking into.
  7. Mandible

SP Native Explorer! - Source Code Released

Ruthven said:
    Thanks everyone!

fladin said:
    Very impressive  :eek: A lot of new features are happening everywhere (and that bird!!!)
    That half-naked women killed me  :lol:
    Ah yes, I was hoping nobody would notice... That's actually the Lady owner of the village. Unlike most troops ladies have their clothing set by a script, which I haven't copied over yet. Got her with a nice jav throw, though. :razz:

DtheHun said:
    I love your drone. The animation, control, camera follow, the whole thing looks damn good!  :iamamoron:
    (the real time pillaging is also great)
    Drone! :lol: It's still devilishly simple really, all it is is moving the player forward and animating the bird to the front of the camera. Enemy AI will even try to shoot you out of the sky!
    The raven model/animation was made by CWE team, so credits to them as well!

All very cool!

Is the bird vertex animated, swiftly switching between different meshes or rigged?

(Sorry, don't mean to distract from the point of your post, but that's the first time I've seen that bird and it looks pretty awesome too!)
  8. Mandible

Need help with model

Why are you showing us the material for gjermundbu? Aren't you using plainhelmets?
  9. Mandible

Need help with model

A aron said:
    Mandible said:
    I feel like a broken record here. I need to see the material in order to help. You keep showing the mesh, which doesn't tell us anything.

Ok bad news, so the textures where in the brf but i checked them again and they are just checkered everything was textured ect but now it's just checkered, im gonna call it a night im going to continue tomorrow.

Follow the tutorials in the forum. There are steps to follow and everything is already explained here if you look for it.
  10. Mandible

Need help with model

I feel like a broken record here. I need to see the material in order to help. You keep showing the mesh, which doesn't tell us anything.
  11. Mandible

Need help with model

If you haven't made a material for this item yet, you need to go to import and then New material to set up a new material for your item.

Name it "plainhelmets" and make all of the settings the same as the material you showed us earlier, except use "specular_shader_noskin_bump_high" instead of "normal_shader"

Once you've made a new material for it, you can show a screenshot.
  12. Mandible

Need help with model

I can't help you if you don't show me your material tab.

Or wait, maybe you don't have one? Were you just showing us the material tab from the mod you took it from? You need your own material tab for this item in your own mod that you're moving it to.
  13. Mandible

Need help with model

The image you shared earlier (this one: https://imgur.com/a/GQCSlHN) seems to show that the textures are already referenced. If you import plainhelmets, plainhelmets_normal and plainhelmets_spec into openbrf, then it should work.

"Referencing the textures" just means writing the names of the textures that you'll be using in the DiffuseA, Bump, and Specular boxes (it also looks like the one you're using has an enviro texture as well).
Back
Top Bottom